Sign in to follow this  
jakronym

Best Dash 8-100 fsx

I own and fly the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro. I think it is probably one of the top ranking versions of the Dash 8. Performance wise it runs many processes outside of FSX, yielding great performance. Really a joy to fly.

Habu

A tie between Virtualcol's and Premier Aircraft Design's, but only because there's no other rendition of it out there.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Virtualcol is the best currently. It's really basic systems wise, but also dirt cheap and comes with every livery you can think of. Majestic is working on a Q300, which is the same thing as the 100/200 buy with a stretched fuselage. 

What's the best dash 8 100/200 for FSX in terms of system depth?

Thanks

The only option you have, with the exception of the models mentioned, is to buy the PSS Dash 300.  It works in FSX, with 1 very important exception...the autopilot will NOT follow the FMC programmed route; well, if follows it, but not in a straight line.  About 8 years ago, I tried to work around this by installing ISG1 FMC, but was not successful.  You can, however, fly VOR to VOR without issue.  I'm not recommending this, just making you aware of the option. You should also be aware this aircraft was actually programmed for FS2002 and ported to FS2004; to that point, it's VERY old, but still looks good.  Interesting enough, it looks better than the other 2 options. The PAD freeware was nice, but the FDE was taken from the default LearJet, which explains the very unrealistic flight performance (e.g. VR @135 and VREF @140).  Virtucol is great value but flies like poo and is buggy, which can be said for most of Virtucol's offering.  In short, there are no viable 100/200 options...   

Matt King