Sign in to follow this  
Tim

Saitek Radio Panel

Hello,

I have just discovered this wonderful software and thank you so much for creating it!

Everything works great except the Saitek Radio Panel. So I tried to disable it and use it with SPAD: it works but the screen of the radio is blinking.

How can I fix it / or make the panel work with Linda ?

Regards

Tim

Radio Panel is working for me with LInda. I kept Spad for only one function that Linda is not providing. Pressing the long button (holding the button half a second pressed) on the frequency swap is used to send a macro do FSUIPC to switch the audio signal for VOR, ILS and NDB. All the rest of Spad is disabled. 

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Thank you for your answer.

With Linda, all my screens are black or locked in COM.

EDIT: I am experiencing different issues. Lost of al the settings (manually solve by copying the saved settings), and now the release does not work (it did before the restart and it shows correctly the action in Linda but it doesn't work. To be more clear: press button: ok ; release it: nothing. The action are set and it worked few hours ago)

It looks like a very good tool, I hope I would be able to solve everything.

Tim

Thank you for your answer.

With Linda, all my screens are black or locked in COM.

EDIT: I am experiencing different issues. Lost of al the settings (manually solve by copying the saved settings), and now the release does not work (it did before the restart and it shows correctly the action in Linda but it doesn't work. To be more clear: press button: ok ; release it: nothing. The action are set and it worked few hours ago)

It looks like a very good tool, I hope I would be able to solve everything.

Tim

HI Tim

Welcome to LINDA. There is an issue with LINDA 2.8.5 which can appear as a freeze. The workaround is as follows. After any changes (button assignments or aircraft) click on restart LUA engine. There alternative is to use the previous version 2.8.4. An update is being tested for early release.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot

Thank you for your support.

Downgrading to 2.8.4 solved the issue with the release fonction (something went wrong somewhere I guess, maybe a corrupted file). But my Radio Panel is still freezed to the COM1 and I cannot change the values. Do I have to program it or is it included by default?

Thanks

Finally, I manage to make it work harmonously with SPAD following one of your previous post:

Hi bastins

Welcome (back) to LINDA. Are you using other software (like SPAD) to drive your Site panels? I can give you a technical fix for this once you answer.

If not, there are 2 parts of LINDA code currently able to display to the Saitek panel LEDS - the core GUI code and the LUA code. You say you have disabled the devices under Joystick Setup. You also need to go to the LINDA Setup page and un-check the Saitek Panels. This will stop LINDA flickering the displays. The landing gear 3 greens on the Saitek Switch panel are permanently coded into LINDA.

Works great now !

Thank you

Tim 

That's great news Tim. Enjoy using LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello

Could you help me to understand how it work linda with spad. I dont understand the following post:

I put 2 dashes (--) in front of each:

-- SaitekRPanel, radio_rd, radio_rdf =

-- com.openhid(SAITEK_VID, RADIO_PANEL_PID, 0, 0)

but dont work, linda not work the radio panel but the led is black or blinking another times and many times it disconected and not recognized by linda and spad

I dont understand what is wrong

Excuse my english and thank you

Linda Version: 2.9.5

FSUIP Version 4.966 (registered)

Hi Naski33, welcome to the LINDA community.

The flashing displays are a conflict between LINDA and SPAD. You can switch LINDA Saitek Panel displays by opening common.lua (in \modules\linda\system\) in the LINDA Editor and searching for the function CommonInitVars() and go to line 734.

Remove the comment dashes (--) from in front of SAI_DISPLAY = 0 and comment out (add --) in front of the following line --SAI_DISPLAY = 1 - pic.get("SAITEK")

Also got to Setup LINDA page and ensure that Saitek Panels checkbox is unticked.

The latest version of LINDA 2.9.6.547 is available for download.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello

I don't explain correctly the problem. I only want that the radio panel isnt operated by linda. The other two panels (multi and switch panel) is program in linda

The radio panel is operated by spad

When the three panel is operated by linda the radio panel not work correctly, the led is blinking often and another times disconected and i have to reboot the pc for the radio panel work again

Thank you

The radio panel operates correctly with LINDA so why would you only wish to operate it with SPAD? With totally redesigning/hacking the core code you can either use LINDA or SPAD with the Saitek panels. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for your time at first

I use spad with the radio panel because if i use three panel in linda, the radio panel and only the radio panel become mad, the led blinking and after a time the led turn in black and the panel is disconected. With spad only, the radio panel work normally but if at the same time linda work the multi panel and switch panel, the radio panel crachs again

In what version of linda can i use either linda or spad. I have linda 2.9.5 and spad and linda dont work together

If I understand correctly, the flashing display on the Radio Panel is happening with LINDA when you have 3 Saitek Panels plugged in. Are these the Radio, Multi and Switch panel? Is it happening when SPAD is not loaded?

There is a problem with Win 10 with the default power saving which stopped the LEDs on the Radio and/or Multi Panel being powered correctly. This requires you to change the Power Management settings.

• Open Device Manager.
  • Click on Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  • Right-click on each USB Root Hub and Generic USB Hub and select Properties.
  • Select Power Management tab and untick Allow computer to Turn Off...
  • Click on Human Interface Devices.
  • Right-click on each USB Input Device and select Properties.
  • Select Power Management tab and untick Allow computer to Turn Off...

If this does not solve you problem, then ensure SPAD is not running to avoid conflicting with (flashing displays) LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello

I am in windows 7 but i did all the power management instructions. The usb imput device dont have the power management option

The panel are multi, radio and swith panel and i fly pmdg 747. The problem are only in the radio panel, the other panels are working correctly with my programed functions; the multi panel not work the autopilot i know

I uninstall spad

I program in linda for pmdg 747 aircraft the radio panel with the saitek radio funtions and all the switches are recognized by linda.

I star fsx, load the plane and start.

All the panel works. Only the radio panel work more slowl that spad but is fine

Three minutes after come the problem. The radio panel star blink and one number dont show, a minute later the panel is black and dont respond

Only that panel have the problem, the other two work fine

Sorry the brick but i dont understand what is wrong

It certainly sounds like a power problem and not software related. Please follow the bug reporting procedure here.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK