Sign in to follow this  
cavcpt

Where to Download / Purchase xEnviro? Thoughts?

Morning All,

Saw some amazing pictures and video of the Russian developed xEnviro weather and cloud application for X-plane 10 and 11. However, every link I click on seems to lead me to a description or a review but never a link to actually download or purchase. I did find a Russian language page with a detailed description and cost (nearly $70) but again, no link or shopping cart, etc.

Any guidance, links, and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

This seems to be a decent improvement over SkyMaxx 3 and offers horizon to horizon weather.

Thanks,

Stephen Luebbert

It's still in development for XPX and XP11, no exact release time line was given.

Alan,

Thanks. That would certainly explain the lack of download link. Patiently standing by. Looks almost Active Sky quality. Great stuff.

This looks great and from the screenshots and video look superior so far to Skymaxx 3. I am hoping for good things from Skymaxx 4 especially as they are charging an upgrade fee. I have no issues with an upgrade fee if the upgrade is substantial. I was not however, that blown away by the last paid upgrade. I am hoping V4 will be worth it with some substantial visual improvements especially when combine with X-Plane 11's new atmospheric effects.

xEnviro are charging 70 USD for their addon which is quite a bit but will also include a weather engine. It's a pity there is no timeline from Laminar on any potential changes to their weather depiction. Its a shame to keep spending money on that aspect of the sim if they are to make any substantial updates in the near future. Oh well...I guess that's the cost of simming :)