Sign in to follow this  
alphons10

Mouselook suddenly behaving extremely weird (unusable)

Mouselook suddenly behaving extremely weird.

For a quite some time the mouselook function (Spacebar+mouse) to move around the outside of the aircraft has worked flawlessly. I am running Windows 10/ FSX Acc. / FSUIPC paid V. / EZCA.   Using EZCA only for VC, regular FSX view for outside view (enter with S). Since a couple of days when in regular FSX outside view I cannot press and hold the spacebar anymore while looking/moving around with the mouse. I have to press the spacebar once shortly and release, now the cursor changes to a crosshair and then moving around with the mouse works. However when hitting the spacebar again 80% of the times the crosshair does not change back to the arrow cursor to stop movement. Instead the crosshair remains but now the mouse as a yoke feature has been added. When moving the mouse I can still move around the aircraft but at the same time ailerons and elevators are effected and needless to say it is impossible to fly and move around at the same time. Hitting the spacebar does not get rid of the mouse yoke, The only way to do that is via right clicking and disengage via the opening window. Tried Ctrl+K , Shift+O but nothing helps. Key mapping is correct I even removed the mouse yoke function completely but it still switches on by itself and can only be disengaged with the right mouseclick in its window. I have no more ideas what to try, short of starting from scratch which in my case would be horrendous only setup the system 3 month ago because of another problem.  Anybody with any creative ideas ??

Thank you very much for your input. I installed the EZDOK spot camera... BUT ... honestly it´s just not the same because it´s NOT an orbital camera like the true FSX spot camera it replaces, as it does not pivot around a central point of the aircraft always leaving the aircraft in the center field of view. It does not pan around but rather AWAY from the aircraft.  I very much liked the regular (default FSX) spot camera with its left/right and up/down pan abilities and easy moving around with the mouse view ability.

However, because my regular default FSX Spot cameras available with the 'S' and 'A' keys are screwed up and obviously interfering with EZDOK ( as explained in my previous message)  the present solution using EZDOK as spot camera is better than nothing.

Still hoping though that somehow somebody can point me in the right direction to get the FSX spot camera view working again.

You can pan 360 degrees around your set spot camera. Perhaps duplicate your initial spot camera, call it something else and change your view, say from the other side, in the normal Ezdok manner. That will give you two different sides of the aircraft to pan around. You can also use the normal up/down/left/right keys when in spot camera view. It's actually much more flexible than default FSX view.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373