Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

FSX Textures Enhancement Best Software

Hi guys,

I need your advice to decide which to buy REX Airports HD or Zinertek HD or REX DIrect. Which one is the best for visual enhancements. I fly FSL lab a320 with ASN and ASCA, GSX and  DX10 Scenery fixer. I want best graphics with best FPS. thanks.

IMHO, 'Visual Enhancements' are all in the eye of the beholder.  Personally I have REX Airports HD and REX Direct.  Know nothing about Zinertek.  Suspect they did not advertise their product but I have seen some comparisons since REX HD Airports was released.  Think you will not go wrong with either one but REX is my favorite.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

IMHO, 'Visual Enhancements' are all in the eye of the beholder.  Personally I have REX Airports HD and REX Direct.  Know nothing about Zinertek.  Suspect they did not advertise their product but I have seen some comparisons since REX HD Airports was released.  Think you will not go wrong with either one but REX is my favorite.

thank for reply but what is the difference between REX and overdrive? i do not want any interference between active sky cloud art and rex. Does REX replace airports buildings textures?

I have them both, and I believe that REX has a superior product. REX is also releasing custom textures for Enhanced Airports free of charge for REX Worldwide Airports HD. 

I'm currently working on Video Guide to FSX/P3D scenery and how REX Worldwide Airports HD works with default, freeware, and payware scenery.  I'll provide a link here on AVSIM and the OVPA Website when it's complete -  but to ensure you receive notice of the video I would register on the OVPA Website (we don't send out junk mail).

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The REX product offers the many user many more choices then Zenertek. I have both, @ I use the rex. Really though I rarely use default airports.

The REX product offers the  user many more choices then Zenertek. I have both, @ I use the rex. Really though I rarely use default airports.

Sorry for quoting myself. I was trying to make a correction to my post. I'll learn to use these dang computers some day. :fool:

Vic green

At least its better than someone speaking of themselves in the third person! LOL!!!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have them both, and I believe that REX has a superior product. REX is also releasing custom textures for Enhanced Airports free of charge for REX Worldwide Airports HD. 

I'm currently working on Video Guide to FSX/P3D scenery and how REX Worldwide Airports HD works with default, freeware, and payware scenery.  I'll provide a link here on AVSIM and the OVPA Website when it's complete -  but to ensure you receive notice of the video I would register on the OVPA Website (we don't send out junk mail).

Best wishes.

thank you