Sign in to follow this  
webranger

Navigraph Charts

Anyone using their desktop charts?  Pro's and Cons?

I already have the subscription for the FMS data.

Thanks

Duane Buck

Hi,

Yes currently using Navigraph charts. Charts are available via desktop, browser and ipad app.

Pros

- Easily accessible charts with everything you need to plan flights etc

- Always up to date (requires refresh on the app or desktop browser

- Ipad & desktop can be used offline

- Most if not all IFR airports (doesn't have smaller VFR fields etc)

- All available airports displayed in a list by country, just click to download then always available offline

- Enroute charts included

Cons

- Have found the software to be a bit clunky and slow at times but this is really a personal thing

Personally, I wasn't sure considering the price but since getting it have been really happy. Makes flying 'by the numbers' much easier and planning is much easier too. There is a big update coming out next year which will make it less clunky and easier to use.

My advice - get it. Much easier than having to manually search and download charts from individual jurisdictions etc.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Beginning early in the coming year, the airport charts will have a major enhancement in number - and they already offer a large selection. These are standard Lufthansa (LIDO) data system charts and are very clean and very good. The only caveat is that small airports with no international traffic are poorly represented. The enroute charts are undergoing a major enhancement that will have day/night modes, route marking and annotation and seamless scrolling worldwide, as well as other features. Here is a more detailed presentation: http://blog.navigraph.com/post/153604472946/dynamic-and-interactive-enroute-charts. The desktop client will also have major (unspecified) enhancements.

DJ

I use Jepps and DOD for my day job, but I use Navigaraph for my flightsimming.  I've been very satisified with Navigarph and their charts worth the money.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I use Jepps and DOD for my day job, but I use Navigaraph for my flightsimming. I've been very satisified with Navigarph and their charts worth the money.

blaustern

Why not just use your work charts for flight sim and save the money. If it's good enough for real flying why buy more?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have an annual subscription to both FMS Data and Charts.  The only drawback I've seen on the charts is a personal one for me and will not impact the majority of virtual flyers.  The runway dimensions are in meters.  As a "Child of the US" I get confused, but multiplying by 3 gets me close.  The only reason that's a drawback for me is not only do I use them to fly virtually, but also as reference to build, modify, and update my airports in both FS2004 and FSX with ADE9X

Otherwise, they are amazing.

Randy.