Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimmer Pete

XBox Controller Installation

I have just received my  XBox controller, plugged it into the USB. Drive, it installed all OK

Rebooted the computer, Prepar3D sees it and lists it in controls, but no sign of it in Chaseplane, only my joystick.

Am I missing something?

cheers

Pete

Hi Pete:

Two things:

First: have you tried to assign a button or axis to Xbox already from the ChasePlane interface?. Look at the video from AirDailyX (posted at the FSFX website) and follow the steps provided, are very self-explanatory.

Second: remember that you'll need to delete all axis and buttons assignments that P3D makes itself to the Xbox controller when you connect it for the first time and launch P3D, in order to have the Xbox controller 100% "dedicated" to ChasePlane.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed, as it happened I was watching the video you made mention of and I now have the controller working.

I deleted all the assignments for the controller but that took with it all the keyboard shortcuts as well?

I am just now trying to figure that out?

Just for the sake of clarity I am using:

A Joystick

Xbox Controller

Keyboard

P :)

I deleted all the assignments for the controller but that took with it all the keyboard shortcuts as well?

You should not delete any existing keyboard assignments.

Just delete all buttons and axis that P3D assigned to the Xbox Controller by default when you first connected the Xbox to your PC, that way you'll have your Xbox Controller ready to exclusively assign all its buttons and axis to ChasePlane making sure you'll have no conflicts with P3D (when doing that make sure the Xbox 360 Controller is selected from the dropdown menu inside P3D Controls).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yes, That's what I thought I was doing when I was in Controls Xbox, will reset and start fresh :)

Good luck!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

So what happens is when ever I affect a change for buttons/axis for either the Xbox or Joystick, then those changes affect the other device as well.

If I delete anything in the Xbox controller (Xbox chosen from the list), then those deletions occur in the Joystick as well?

If I delete anything in the Xbox controller (Xbox chosen from the list), then those deletions occur in the Joystick as well?

It should not

Cheers, Ed

agreed? Prepard3 V3.4

I have most of my views working really well on the Xbox controller, no obvious conflicts that I am seeing so far

Good!. You'll enjoy ChasePlane

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I use a gamepad for aircraft controls. Would there ever be a possibility to switch the axis to only respond with the camera? Like switch axis controls for plane or camera with a button?

Thanks

Not at this time, but it's something we could add in the future.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42