Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

XP11 out of the box!

Well since the question "my next sim" was posed, NO it is not until Austin can add viable ATC and AI traffic to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

Pretty to look at though.

I love X-Plane with its 64 bit environment  and looking forward to XP11. But let's not kid ourselves. The achilles heel for XPlane is that it does not have any comparable AI traffic program implementing real world schedules, air traffic with appropriate liveries and planes, like MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic or even Traffic 360. This has been the state of affairs for several years and World Traffic is NOT a comparable solution at all.  Right now I use X-Life, purchased World Traffic and neither come close to MyTraffic or UT.The second weakness is seasonal textures.

I've tried the beta ATC for XP11 and it seems to have a number of good additions such as a one button access to all the frequencies, flight plan filing etc. In other words it seems to be a viable step up from the previous default incarnations but I don't think it's fully perfected plus I have the limited access beta so I can't really judge it fully. I have Pilot2ATC and X-Life deluxe for XP10 so there are existing 3rd party solutions. But if you take a great program like UT or MyTraffic and combine it with the default FSX/P3D ATC that is still miles ahead of XP10 or 11. And yes for commercial flying it's a bummer.

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I love X-Plane with its 64 bit environment and looking forward to XP11. But let's not kid ourselves. The achilles heel for XPlane is that it does not have any comparable AI traffic program implementing real world schedules, air traffic with appropriate liveries and planes, like MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic or even Traffic 360. This has been the state of affairs for several years and World Traffic is NOT a comparable solution at all. Right now I use X-Life, purchased World Traffic and neither come close to MyTraffic or UT.The second weakness is seasonal textures.

I've tried the beta ATC for XP11 and it seems to have a number of good additions such as a one button access to all the frequencies, flight plan filing etc. In other words it seems to be a viable step up from the previous default incarnations but I don't think it's fully perfected plus I have the limited access beta so I can't really judge it fully. I have Pilot2ATC and X-Life deluxe for XP10 so there are existing 3rd party solutions. But if you take a great program like UT or MyTraffic and combine it with the default FSX/P3D ATC that is still miles ahead of XP10 or 11. And yes for commercial flying it's a bummer.

I fly both xp and p3d but when i moved to p3dv3 i had difficulties in finding a traffic add on with a p3d installer out of the box and my traffic professional addon which i bought previously for fsx was declared not compatible with p3d and discovered later that i was supposed to buy the same addons twice because of p3d license. All platforms have their pro and cons but any progress in development is good for us.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Well since the question "my next sim" was posed, NO it is not until Austin can add viable ATC and AI traffic to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

We get it! You don't like XP. Do you have to tell us every time someone posts anything positive about XP? And the last time I checked P3D and FSX had awful AI and ATC. Is XP perfect? No but it's an awesome product the continually moves forward with Development. Not like a decade old title some people can't let go off.

• Upvote 5

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

As a simmer who tried P3d , though in general it has lot of pros and high quality add ons but also it has few weaknesses in other areas like night lighting shimmers a lot and i could not fix it it, also night lights are baked within the texture in p3d and this is not real HDR and well it kills immersion when a plane landing light do not lit the object around it. AI traffic out of the box im not sure if anyone one use default ai traffic ... Also night lights do not have poles which could kill the immersion in VFR flying, road traffic is not usable and no real weather by default it was removed(though add ons offer the best in this area). Plus i have to keep my FSUIPC VAS counter in monitor and maybe there is more...but i wish P3D becomes 64 bit because its good for simmers in general and it has lot of potential ...But for now we are going to enjoy what we have since we already know no sim is perfect and xp11 seems to moved forward and is still in continuous development with new coding and graphics engine...and its 64 bit ... though it definitely has weakenesses in other areas, anyone can try the demo and if you dont like it simply dont use it and dont buy it ... my specs see signature

All default in the image below except reshade sweet fx in the first - European autogen

X_Plane_2016_11_30_23_44_31_03.jpgscreengrab

Default MD 80 + chicago default scenery (maximum objects)

X_Plane_2016_11_29_19_11_28_18.jpgphoto storage

And when i fly VFR i want to see roads and car traffic and light poles and road signs and trains ... (this is default scenery with maximum objects)
X_Plane_2016_11_30_23_32_12_85.jpgimage upload no resize

X_Plane_2016_11_29_00_55_30_91.jpgimage upload no size limit

And the below KSAN airport + city is freeware from http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24953-ksan-san-diego-international/

X_Plane_2016_12_01_03_18_54_26.jpghosting image

My settings

X_Plane_2016_12_01_01_38_12_13.jpgpost a picture

• Upvote 6

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

If you want good traffic and ATC join VATSIM or IVAO... why use built in stuff when you can fly on a real network with real controllers and traffic... 

Yep or Pilot Edge which is extremely professional.

Yep or Pilot Edge which is extremely professional.

Oh man, Pilot Edge will humble a "serious" simmer :)  Fantastic service.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why is almost everyone posting completely cloudless pics/videos of XP11?

I just booted up XPX-11 with 10 AI C-172 and watch them land and take off with sound ! Seems ok to me ! Should be really cool once we start seeing more FMOD planes in the sim ! ATC needs some work but it will get addressed. But do you really need ATC, AI to shoot a instrument approach ? How many thousands of dollars have spent on PD3 + addons? Xplane is $59 and getting better by the day !

SMS_Beaver_Regular_18.png

SMS_Beaver_Regular_6.png

Cessna_172SP_13.png

Cessna_172SP_8.png

Cessna_172SP_6.png

Because the clouds are heavy on frames and not that nice to look at. They were actually kind of nice in 10.0, go figure....

PD3 default clouds suck as well ! And that Blurry ORBX scenery as it loads is lovely !

Capture1.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

PD3 default clouds suck as well ! And that Blurry ORBX scenery as it loads is lovely !

He was just asking why everyone posting cloudless pics/videos and you want to drag P3D clouds and 'Blurry' ORBX scenery in ! Great!

• Upvote 1

Just as with FSX/P3D, you either need addons or fly online if you want a decent ATC. The FSX/Prepar3D ATC - while not terribly bad - is just ok for VFR in my opinion. IFR things are too simplified for my taste. And while it requires an additional addon, you can already use Radar Contact and Pro Flight Emulator 2 or 3 with X-Plane.

Coming from a looong time FSX and later P3D user I tried XP10 demo about a year ago... It fell quite flat and was really dificult to setup correctly. 

I tried XP11 demo and was extremely happy to see they'd re-designed the interface. I was a breeze to get flying and setup controllers etc. The new lighting engine is amazing, and the sim was running very well considering the amount of autogen and detail in the scenery - and that it's a beta.

And for the first time, I was up and using 4+ GB of memory in a sim!  :lol:

I gave in, and purchased XP11, and came afterwards to the point and uninstalled P3D. Sure, the clouds could use a bit of work in X-Plane - but with SkyMaxxPro it doesn't look that bad IMO. The weather engine is what I'm missing the most (ActiveSky for P3D, is amazing!) ... but we'll see what's to come in the future. 

So far, I'm really enjoying XP11! Can't wait to see what's in store, as the 11.XX evolves...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

This is a HUGE problem with Xp11 I'm running into... it crushes the framerate, dead, ie want nice clouds?  Go P3D.

Love a lot that XP11 does, have owned previous versions for years, but unfortunately clouds are a deal breaker currently in XP11.

This is a HUGE problem with Xp11 I'm running into... it crushes the framerate, dead, ie want nice clouds?  Go P3D.

Love a lot that XP11 does, have owned previous versions for years, but unfortunately clouds are a deal breaker currently in XP11.

XP11 or the beta, because it's still beta and not a done deal !

Skymax cluds are pretty nice !

Car_Malibu_Mirage_81.png

Car_B200_King_Air_10.png

Car_C90_v10_219.png

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar