Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

XP11 out of the box!

Just flew first XP11 full flight from KLAX to KDFW this morning with FlightFactor A350 (the only add-on I have that works decent with XP11) and I have to say the sim, even with bugs, is much better than anything I have experienced in XP10, FSX, FSX:SE and P3D!  

Again, a number of bugs including awful "BLOCKY" dawn sky textures at transition.  However, sitting in the cockpit completing preflight the sun slowly came over the horizon and cast the most realistic shine over the entire airport and cockpit - it was just amazing!  Also, something that is very satisfying to me, they seemed to have nailed the sense of altitude during climb and cruise.  For the first time I felt like the view out the window (cockpit and cabin) was most realistic when it came to depth perception. 

Again, the bugs are numerous but, you have to keep in mind that once the bugs are addressed, XP11 will be tough to beat!

Diggin' it!

• Upvote 4

Add me to the list of converted from P3D.  I had my first OOMs last week with P3D and decided to give XP11 a try.  Wow, am I impressed.  I'm having a ton of fun adding freeware and now trying out Pilot2ATC (seems to work fine in XP11 and is a very impressive program).  The default scenery for XP in my area of the SE USA is actually better than Orbx Global + Open LC with P3D.  Impressive.  Controller set up took me about 10 minutes.  Only one crash so far due to a known beta bug.  .

The main thing I miss from P3D is, like so many others have said, the weather and clouds.  However, I expect that this will be improved.  Also, I wish Ideal Flight worked with XP.  I've come to love that program for the ease of creating random flight plans.  Oh, and I miss the GTN 750, but I understand that Reality XP has released it for XP, so that will just require some cash.

An interesting observation about seasons: last night I downloaded/installed Yellowknife, NW scenery and threw myself there. Coupled with that freeware scenery, the blowing snow along the runway, and the night enviro...well the lack of seasonal textures was a forgotten issue. It had the appearance and thus, 'sense' of full blown winter conditions. Guess I've been flying the whole time in IFR so have detached from my dislike of summer-only textures. lol     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Richard,

Welcome to the BAD wagon. :smile:

Check out the JRollon CRJ-200 with sound pack. It's really nice!

I mean new airplanes that incorporate the ability (config panel) to add the RXP GTN 750 or just new and improved airplanes with the new capabilities of xp 11.

Gone are all my P3D friends and I am left in loneliness. :mad:

Michael

Thanks Jose keep the hints coming  :wink:

LOL good one Michael  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Michael

Welcome to the other side of the fence Michael, you are among good people. :)

I actually find it exciting to discover what I've been missing with XP.  I guess I have to learn to fly now since I can't complain about the sim crashing or VAS or low fps anymore.  :Party:

• Upvote 5

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

What's the scenery like for the uk, is there uk scenery available for xp10 that you will be able to use in xp11

Jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

What's the scenery like for the uk, is there uk scenery available for xp10 that you will be able to use in xp11

Jim

There is Tony's fantastic GB Pro: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34232-gb-pro-v2-detailed-vfr-scenery-for-great-britain/

As for airports, http://apxp.info/list/GB can help you get an overview of what's available (of varying quality and age, obviously).

There is Tony's fantastic GB Pro: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34232-gb-pro-v2-detailed-vfr-scenery-for-great-britain/

As for airports, http://apxp.info/list/GB can help you get an overview of what's available (of varying quality and age, obviously).

Ah, GB! I tried Norway Pro but don't have photoreal tiles. I've seen tiles for Engeland though which you can download on http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/ Anyone knows if those play nice together? And do they have a nice quality?

Yes they play well and look pretty good although a bit patchy. I found they weren't as good as making my own tiles at 17 with google2xp though but I might be overly fussy.

Chris

Michael

Don't stay all by yourself Michael, come on in, the water's fine... ;)

Looks like I'll be finally hopping over to XP11 as well. To be honest, I'm getting frustrated with P3D. The only thing I'll miss is AS16, 3rd party payware airports, PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, A2a 172/182, Realair Lancair Legacy and a few other planes, and Flight1's GTN 650/750. Other than that, XP11 looks gorgeous. 

But the vanilla XP11 out of the box is pretty stunning, with a strong foundation, I believe XP11 will look outstanding once more 3rd party developers start creating amazing add-ons for it.

Please PMDG, hope you're listening. Would love to have the 737/777 and the upcoming 747 v3 on XP11. Along with others such as Aerosoft's Airbus, FSLabs A320, QualityWings 787, etc.

XP11 desperately needs, a good weather/cloud addon, ATC addon, FS2Crew addon, FSFX Chaseplane, Precipitfx, FSFX Immersion Packages, A more realistic AI program with more realistic schedules where we can install and not have to mess with creating routes, plans, taxi routes, etc.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Please PMDG, hope you're listening. Would love to have the 737/777 and the upcoming 747 v3 on XP11. Along with others such as Aerosoft's Airbus, FSLabs A320, QualityWings 787, etc.

PMDG did the DC-6 first for X-Plane and later for FSX/P3D, and my understanding is that it was a test bed for learning to work with X-Plane. I think good things are on the horizon for some PMDG heavies in X-Plane.

And I say that as someone who has no interest in airliners. I only fly bush planes, vintage planes and helicopters in civilian flight sims. But I know Laminar will benefit from a larger consumer base. And much of what the airline pilots want is something I'd want too, like better weather modeling. Our interests overlap in many areas. 

Welcome to the dark side. Or maybe it's the bright side, depending on how you look at it. ;)

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I always wanted to fly low level in P3D/FSX but the details at low level simply lacked something, finally XP11 realistic default details at low level and this will only get better i imagine! The below images were taken near Lugano airport Switzerland default scenery "out of the box" including the default cessna 172 with maximum autogen settings.

X_Plane_2016_12_01_22_32_11_62.jpgpost images

X_Plane_2016_12_01_23_12_56_42.jpgimage post

• Upvote 3

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

and Flight1's GTN 650/750. 

I'll miss Realair too, but for the GTN - RXP has released theirs for XP10 with a free update to XP11 soon-ish.  There's not any integrations as of yet but there a few on the drawing boards.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |