Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Hello Everyone,

With regret I am sad to announce that RealAir Simulations has closed its doors to new customers. I have been aware for a long time that our loyal customers have been frustrated at the lack of progress on the awaited Piston Duke B60 for P3d and its integration of GTN gauges for both FSX and P3d. Unfortunately there have been personal circumstances for some time which have now escalated to the point where we feel continuing is not viable. I had hoped that we could find a way through, but it is clear that it would be difficult to continue on a level commensurate with our high standards of support and development, and rather than slowly wind down we have decided to shut the business.

Our current customers can be assured of support if they need it, but RealAir will no longer sell products or updates as from today. It is possible in the future that I may work again on occasional projects on a modest level but I have reached retirement age and Sean has coped with a loved one's illness for some time. We feel there is not the scope, for now, to keep RealAir going without harm to the well being and health of all involved.

I would like to thank Avsim in particular for its long history of service to simmers everywhere, which is of course something that Tom worked tirelessly to sustain, along with the current staff, whom I also thank.

We have enjoyed supplying somewhat niche products for a very long 16 years. To those of you who have been so enthusiastic about our output, I thank you sincerely. If we didn't please others as they might have wished, I only hope that they understand we are imperfect humans. It has been a very hard-working 16 years and now we need a rest.

Best Wishes,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

• Upvote 25

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

You, Sean, and RelAir will be much missed. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next and enjoy a well-earned rest. :smile:

Regards,

David Jones

This is shocking news.  My thoughts and prayers are for Sean's partner, Carla who is fighting a battle with cancer.  I hope she fully recovers. 

RealAir has truly produced some great aircraft over the years and they will be sorely missed by the flight simulation community. Best wishes to Sean and Rob and their respective families.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Rob and Sean for everything you have done for the flight sim community. Wishing you both the best.

Regards.

Ed

Rob and Sean - you two have been a class act all along - you've been a cornerstone of this hobby - and have pushed the technical envelop far beyond what anyone thought was possible... Best of luck to both of you with your health, family, and future endeavors... You'll be sorely missed...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Rob and Sean...Just wanted to add my heart felt thanks for everything you have done for this community too!!!  I was only a 'tubeliner' simmer until I read so many great reviews on your Dukes that I had to give them a try.  I'm glad I did!!  Your products are definitely among the best ever created for our hobby and the community as a whole will sorely miss your talents and expertise.

So, again, thanks so much for everything!!!  I wish you nothing but the best and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  Hoping that Carla continues getting good news and is able to win her battle!!!

Take care and enjoy the most precious thing we all have - TIME!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

From a flight sim perspective this is sad, but completely understandable news - thanks for the many hours of enjoyment your products have brought to the hobby and please accept my best wishes for everyone's future...

Kind Regards,

Chris B.

Amazing products, great people.

A massive loss to the simulation world but for the right reasons. Best wishes to you both.

Rob and Sean,

Thank you for all the wonderful products you have released and supported throughout the years. Your Duke and Legacy will forever be two of my favorite aircraft of all time.

Sincerely,

Phil Manhart

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

What's going to happen with your products after your site has been closed?

Can you entrust them to some publisher for new sales or at least some support?

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

You guys were the standard for GA aircraft, period.dot!  Thank you for all your efforts and hoping both of you have a bright future!  

Matt King

Rob and Sean, thank you so much for all the time and effort you guys have spent over the years making some of the best aircraft possible. You guys will be missed and I wish the both of you the very best, so sorry to hear about Sean loved one.

Regards,

Martin

Rob and Sean,

than you SO MUCH for All of the great time you provided me / us RealAir users with the excellence put ino each of your products, and the professional support provided by RealAir.

I wish the Best for you and Sean and family.

Kind Regards,

José

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...