Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Wow, that is too bad, the end of an era. Best wishes to all three of them!!!

I was thinking I better buy some of their items since they are closing but it looks like they have been pulled from other retailers.

Is it not possible to get a last chance to make some purchases?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tymk

Hi Rob and Sean,

First of all, I'd like to thank you both for the countless hours of enjoyment I got from your planes, especially the Legacy. It's sad to know there won't be more great products coming, but I fully understand your reasons and support your decision. The second paragraph of Sean's message on the RA website froze me to the bone, and I was greatly relieved to read on and find out there's good news in the end. Nothing is more important than that special person in your life, and I hope she stays in the clear.

Once again, thanks for the great adventure, and all the best.

Tym

What's going to happen with your products after your site has been closed?

Can you entrust them to some publisher for new sales or at least some support?

Hi Bjoern,

It's a clean break. Better than hanging on. There will be support for a reasonable time.

Best Wishes,

Rob

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob and Sean,

Thank you for the hours of enjoyment your products gave us over the years. You will be sorely missed.

Best wishes to both of you.

JP

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Sad news for sure but best wishes and I hope you have a grand retirement!  My thoughts are with Sean.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hello Rob and Sean,

Thank you for your information; as allways you show a very  correct behaviour. Thanks for the countless fine hours you gave in contributing the FS scene with the most beautiful aircraft a simflyer can wish..

For sure we will miss you but I can fully understand the reason because of the named circumstances. I hope there will be lots of fine years coming together with your loved ones and again, thanks or everything you did for us, the flightsimcommunity.

Cheers,

Ben Rikken

I'm so sorry to hear this.  It was your work - first the alternative FDE for the default C172 in FS2002, and then the SF260 and the Scouts - that showed me what a high-end add-on could be and do.  Your aircraft have a "feel" - a sense of real, weighted objects moving in an air mass - that I've never seen fully matched by any other developer, including the other big names.  You'll be sorely missed.  But your priorities are in the right place.  Thanks for all the years of enjoyment, and I wish you, Sean and your loved ones all the best.  Goodbye, with regret and gratitude.  

Sad day. Wishing you all the best, and thank you for the Scout package. One of my all time favorites.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Thank you for being solid, honest and always delivering products of the highest standard!

I want to add my thanks for such great products and service, and best wishes for the future. Indeed, RealAir will be missed.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I would like to add my thanks for a hangar full of airplanes that have set the standard.

I still love to get in the Bear Gulch Scout cockpit and fly VFR over pretty scenery   :smile:

And the Legacy, with a GTN 750 in the panel,  will keep me challenged for years to come - she is quite a handful  :wink:

Take care, both of you, and one more time,  THANK YOU!

Bert

Our current customers can be assured of support if they need it, but RealAir will no longer sell products or updates as from today. .

Best Wishes,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Rob, thank you for all you have done for the FS community through the years. I only have the SF260 and love it and have been thinking of buying other products.

I have to ask since this was a sudden closure without warning, would you consider opening the store for even one more day or a week or a few days to give those who were considering purchases one last chance to pick up some products?

If I had known that you were closing I would have made some final purchases. I'm not even concerned about support since there are enough people in the community that can help if problems would arise.

Any chance for at least a one day opportunity to buy a few planes?

I understand if you decline but I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like a last opportunity to buy some of your work.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Mik75

Well, thanks a lot for all your effort, and all the wonderful times you brought the community through your work!

All the best for you and your families!