Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

We have closed only the shop, not the support. I do not understand what you think the problem is. You have the product and you can use it. If you lose it for some reason, email me and I will provide you with a new installer. If you run out of installs, I will renew it. Can I politely ask you to read what has already be said on the thread?

Thank you very much for your quick response.  I may well have misunderstood something.

Re - Reinstall

- I have logged into the RA site and attempted to download the Installers

- Lancair Legacy v2 FSX Retrieve Installer, my most favorite aircraft of all time, downloaded with no problem

- Turbine Duke v2 FSX Retrieve Installer, my goal aircraft for twin engine - this required Name and Address, neither of which has changed since I became your customer, however this resulted in No Records Found.  I will be doing the follow up suggested at the site.

- Although I have both of these in v1, I don't see a need to reinstall them in the future.

Regarding reinstalling, as best I understand since I have to have an active internet connection, I have to be able to contact RA to complete the install.  Since RA is going away, I believe this is where your comment "I have asked Sean to remove the activation/protection function. He is in control of it." becomes relevant.  If I understand correctly, until or unless Sean does in fact remove the activation/protection function in some manner (it would seem this would require a download?) the software is un-reinstallable.

Please advise if I have misunderstood or missed something.  I did  indeed read the prior comments and the only one that seemed specifically relevant was your post about Sean needed to deactivate the activation/protection function.  Once again please advise if I'm missing something.

And I know this is probably a lost cause, but if the activation/protection issue is resolved, I (at least) would immediately purchase the P3D versions of both.  I'm sure I'm not alone in a desire to complete my RA Hanger.  Perhaps the person in control, Sean?, might consider making this possible for us long time members of the RA site.  

The art of Real Air VC panels should not be lost.. I wish it was some how passed on to others.  Sold or otherwise..   There is no one in the GA front who has the specific art of "Real Air".  The "know how",  The "secret sauce"..    :smile:

• Upvote 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thank you very much for your quick response.  I may well have misunderstood something.

Re - Reinstall

- I have logged into the RA site and attempted to download the Installers

- Lancair Legacy v2 FSX Retrieve Installer, my most favorite aircraft of all time, downloaded with no problem

- Turbine Duke v2 FSX Retrieve Installer, my goal aircraft for twin engine - this required Name and Address, neither of which has changed since I became your customer, however this resulted in No Records Found.  I will be doing the follow up suggested at the site.

- Although I have both of these in v1, I don't see a need to reinstall them in the future.

Regarding reinstalling, as best I understand since I have to have an active internet connection, I have to be able to contact RA to complete the install.  Since RA is going away, I believe this is where your comment "I have asked Sean to remove the activation/protection function. He is in control of it." becomes relevant.  If I understand correctly, until or unless Sean does in fact remove the activation/protection function in some manner (it would seem this would require a download?) the software is un-reinstallable.

Please advise if I have misunderstood or missed something.  I did  indeed read the prior comments and the only one that seemed specifically relevant was your post about Sean needed to deactivate the activation/protection function.  Once again please advise if I'm missing something.

And I know this is probably a lost cause, but if the activation/protection issue is resolved, I (at least) would immediately purchase the P3D versions of both.  I'm sure I'm not alone in a desire to complete my RA Hanger.  Perhaps the person in control, Sean?, might consider making this possible for us long time members of the RA site.  

Just email me!

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

All the best from a very grateful customer! 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Rob and Sean,

I simply repeat what so many others have said - thank you both!

Your contributions to this obsession we have are among the best to be had from any source.

I am honored to be among the last to have purchased the wonderful Duke!

May you both enjoy a well-deserved rest.  Peace.

Ron

The art of Real Air VC panels should not be lost.. I wish it was some how passed on to others.  Sold or otherwise..   There is no one in the GA front who has the specific art of "Real Air".  The "know how",  The "secret sauce"..    :smile:

This is so true.  As I have made slow steps toward becoming familiar with this hobby it became very clear that there were only a very few developers producing the highest quality product.  I fear that RA Secret Sauce will be lost which will be a lose to all of us.

But once again, best wishes for what you have shared and prayers for a full recovery for Carla.

Final thought, wonder if it would possible to easily put the name 'Secret Sauce' on the Legacy and Duke? :)

• Upvote 1

Best wishes for all of you.  It seems it is a hard time I hope it improves.  You made fine products and delivered them in such a fine state that it is obvious that you had a love of flight sims.  It may take a while for that combination to come again but I am sure it will.

Harry Woodrow

I left my best wishes for Rob and Sean over at AirDailyX, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it. Good luck to you both and keep it real!

These are devestating news, but only virtually. The irony is that I've been coping with the sadness and devestation that cancer has caused me and my family over the years by flying the Duke all over the virtual world. It has been my escape from a reality that has been hard to live in. So thanks for the "escape" you have created!

I really hope that there will be some kind of solution to the copyprotection/activation of your products so we don't risk losing your beloved addons in the future. You never know what lies ahead. Closed online servers, a new OS, and new versions of P3D. Virtual skies without RealAir(craft) is unthinkable at this point...

Thankyou very much for the kind words Simmerhead. It is tremendously gratifying to hear that our products are helping you through such a difficult time.

Prior to the turnaround in Carla's prognosis it was without doubt the most difficult period in both of our lives and it was hard to think about anything else for a while. The kindness that people extend to you has been a wonderful thing to experience. Whether it was the nurses and doctors who treated Carla, friends, family, but it can also come from places you least expect, and the support we have received from both of our families has only strengthened our family bonds. We both feel blessed by the turnaround in her prognosis. Unfortunately Carla's turnaround is rare, we have been very lucky. It deeply saddens me to hear about your loss, Simmerhead, and the thought that our aircraft are helping you through this period will stay with me.

Sean.

Just to answer the questions regarding installers. At the moment the installers require you to enter a keycode and have that verified by an online database. We will ensure that continues to work for the forseeable future. We will never allow a situation to develop where paying customers are locked out of installing their products. At some point in the future we will create installers that do not require online activation to ensure that no paying customer will ever be unable to install what they paid for. Customer service will also continue into the future.

Thanks,

Sean.

PS I intended these two posts to be separate but Avsim combines them into one...

• Upvote 2

Dear Rob and Sean,

I want to thank you for all you have given to the flight sim community, not only in terms of outstanding products, but also in terms of kindness and friendship. I have been a customer and supporter of RealAir from the very beginning and I will continue to use your creations for years to come. Of course I am sad to hear that you will close shop, but I do understand. I sincerely hope that Carla's recovery is going to continue, so that she and Sean can enjoy life together in good health. I wish all of you the best and thank you again.

Best wishes,

Henri

I purchased the RealAir Turbine Duke not long ago and was very impressed with it indeed.

One thing which really stands out is the rain hitting the windshield in VC view - how did they do that?

All the best to them moving forward from  here.

Devastating news but very understandable

your products and professionalism are second to none

Duke and Legacy are my favorite aircraft

good luck to you both and your families

a big big thank you

jeff storey

Sorry for your decision, I wish all the best, I hope in some way that could you continue to sell your product and find agreement with someone that can take the legacy.

I start to fly with the SIA MARCHETTI and it was outstanding, the feeling of bing there.

All the best and best wishes for this holiday.

Thank you