Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Real air are the PMDG of GA aircraft/

I am now paranoid  I may hear something like this  from PMDG one day ... If I hear that, my life is over after that.  :Tounge:

I don't believe there is  anything I do not own from Real Air.. I usually buy what they put out on day 1 not unlike PMDG.

I only wish they would sell their technology to someone else who can carry forward with what they did and not let it all die.. That would be a cruel tragedy,

I also have everything that RealAir has released.  I'm really sorry to see them go. I've got stuff that I purchased quite a few years ago.

My favorites are the Lancair v.2 and the Turbine Duke for sure. These two aircraft sims are in a class all their own.

Great products !!!

Thank you

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Along with all the dozens of other people who have expressed their deep appreciation of your work, I want to personally thank you for the many hours of pleasure you have provided. I retired from real world flying a long time ago. That left a very deep void in my life and when I discovered flight simulation, it brought back a part of me that I thought was gone forever. You have contributed to that enormously, not only with the wonderful payware products your company produced, but also the many other projects you supported with your talents. Thank you for enriching my life and those of many others. I wish you the very best as you move into a new stage of your life. And I can guarantee you that as long as I am able, your Spitfire will continue to grace my virtual skies for a very long time.

Thank you

Ian

• Upvote 4

Gutted to hear to about the closure of RealAir... I can only afford to buy a handful of carefully considered, quality add-ons per year and the Duke V2 was high on my list of add-ons to buy next. I'd even asked Santa for some online gift vouchers this Christmas. I only found out RealAir were closing from a popular weekly YouTube flight sim news update - and by the time that came out, the store was already closed to new business. I'd happily buy the Duke v2 now, 'sold as seen' with no customer support.

In any case I wish the guys at RealAir and their loved ones the very best of health and happiness for the future.

Andy   

Rob and Sean,

Are you getting the idea that you built a much greater legacy than you imagined?

Not many leave this introverted hobby unscathed for our obvious faults, but you two are the exception.

You have demonstrated integrity, in public and in private, by doing the right things in the right way, everytime.

That, not anything else, is as good as it gets.

Once again, "Thank you"!

With kindest regards, warm memories and my best hopes for you and yours,

• Upvote 4

Rob and Sean,

Are you getting the idea that you built a much greater legacy than you imagined?

Not many leave this introverted hobby unscathed for our obvious faults, but you two are the exception.

You have demonstrated integrity, in public and in private, by doing the right things in the right way, everytime.

That, not anything else, is as good as it gets.

Once again, "Thank you"!

With kindest regards, warm memories and my best hopes for you and yours,

Thank you Stephen. You have always been a civilised and warm influence on this forum. I'm sure you have had your frustrating moments at Avsim but you have always come across as human and tolerant.

Thanks too for all the nice comments above yours.

Flight simulation is one of hundreds of pastimes, passions and interests that absorb us. Yet you cannot be part of any business which exists for many years without being both rewarded by the advantages it brings and at the same time eventually reaching the limit of expended energy that cannot go on indefinitely. Any business that exists for as long as RealAir will have its limits. Age, personal circumstances and the desire to move on in a different direction will always be an increasing influence on the outcome.

I do appreciate the frustration expressed by many posts here who are coming up with ideas about how to proceed. Please do not assume we haven't thought about this ourselves! We've had many emails telling us how we should handle this. We "should have a last minute sale, a closing down fest", etc. The fact is we have reached the point where we cannot maintain the current level of either development or support ad infinitum. So it is better that we shut down rather than drag on for the sake of sales and end up not being capable of supporting new customers, or fail to provide updates at a rate that customers would expect. At any given point we are still committed to supporting current customers and we intend to do that. A reasonable time needs to elapse between closing and being still committed to the necessary support that needs to be in place. We cannot just sell, sell, sell and then abandon customers. So we have closed the shop and will be around for time enough to ensure that current customers are decently served.

Regarding the future, we are talking to various organisations who have expressed a keen interest in taking over our products and business. This has come as a bit of surprise because we did not presume it. Until or unless a positive outcome emerges, we cannot give any more information. Thanks for your good wishes and very kind messages which I truly appreciate.

All the best,

Rob - RealAir

• Upvote 6

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

...shut down rather than drag on for the sake of sales and end up not being capable of supporting new customers, or fail to provide updates at a rate that customers would expect. At any given point we are still committed to supporting current customers and we intend to do that. A reasonable time needs to elapse between closing and being still committed to the necessary support that needs to be in place. We cannot just sell, sell, sell and then abandon customers. So we have closed the shop and will be around for time enough to ensure that current customers are decently served.

I had a feeling it might be something like that, although this customer would be happy enough to buy on the basis of only time-limited support, or even none. Nevertheless, the above is potentially very good news and many thanks for at least taking the possibility into consideration and making the effort to set something up, even if it doesn't work out in the long run.

To whoever Rob and Sean are in discussions with...just agree to everything.  :smile:

• Upvote 2

Thank you Stephen. You have always been a civilised and warm influence on this forum. I'm sure you have had your frustrating moments at Avsim but you have always come across as human and tolerant.

Thanks too for all the nice comments above yours.

Flight simulation is one of hundreds of pastimes, passions and interests that absorb us. Yet you cannot be part of any business which exists for many years without being both rewarded by the advantages it brings and at the same time eventually reaching the limit of expended energy that cannot go on indefinitely. Any business that exists for as long as RealAir will have its limits. Age, personal circumstances and the desire to move on in a different direction will always be an increasing influence on the outcome.

I do appreciate the frustration expressed by many posts here who are coming up with ideas about how to proceed. Please do not assume we haven't thought about this ourselves! We've had many emails telling us how we should handle this. We "should have a last minute sale, a closing down fest", etc. The fact is we have reached the point where we cannot maintain the current level of either development or support ad infinitum. So it is better that we shut down rather than drag on for the sake of sales and end up not being capable of supporting new customers, or fail to provide updates at a rate that customers would expect. At any given point we are still committed to supporting current customers and we intend to do that. A reasonable time needs to elapse between closing and being still committed to the necessary support that needs to be in place. We cannot just sell, sell, sell and then abandon customers. So we have closed the shop and will be around for time enough to ensure that current customers are decently served.

Regarding the future, we are talking to various organisations who have expressed a keen interest in taking over our products and business. This has come as a bit of surprise because we did not presume it. Until or unless a positive outcome emerges, we cannot give any more information. Thanks for your good wishes and very kind messages which I truly appreciate.

All the best,

Rob - RealAir

Rob

Your statement truly expresses the integrity and professionalism that RealAir displayed as you conducted your business. A job very well done and you and Sean should be justly proud. I hope your talks with various organizations helps keep your products alive and helps fund your retirements.

Thanks

Greg

• Upvote 4

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Rob,

It's great to hear that your products might be "adopted". I'd hate to think that I wouldn't be able to fly the Turbine Duke in 64 bit P3d and/or the DTG Flight Sim.

• Upvote 1

Thank for the many great aircraft you've designed over the years, your contributions to to sim flying willing be deeply missed by me!

All the best in retirement

Ted Panamarioff, Kodiak Alaska

Rob, I've been enjoying your aircraft since your freeware Falcon business jet. They've all been favorites of mine. I'm sorry to see the end of your development but I surely understand. Now that you are entering retirement I hope to see you on the forums as an FS pilot. My best wishes to you and Sean for the future. Your contributions to this hobby have definitely made it more enjoyable for me.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Rob

Real Air did an outstanding job, primarily because you folks focused on us the users.

Now that you are moving into higher priorities we beg you to please transfer the product to whomever you think can best help us continuing enjoying what you created. In our minds it will always be your innovation!

Best regards

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Are they still closed?

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!