Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Just finished a flight from KMRY to KAVX in the TDukeV2 - so much aircraft, so much polish and quality, I'm gonna miss your work Rob and Sean.

Cheers, Rob.

Whole weekend was about RealAir, felw the scout, the duke, the turbine one and legacy along with sf, such a beauty planes!!!!!! Need to get the gtn750. By the way its for legacy and turbine duke? can we somehow integrate into the normal duke? or other planes ?

Perhaps a dumb question.  I know RA sold the Legacy and Duke as FSX and P3D separately, but can I somehow fly my FSX Legacy 1 or 2 and my Turbine Duke 1 or 2 in P3D?  I don't expect GTN750 to work, but otherwise are they flyable?

My plan had been to get the P3D versions in late December, but that plan has been royally screwed.  Love the planes but may be migrating to P3D. the lost of my RA fleet is the biggest problem. :(

Regarding the future, we are talking to various organisations who have expressed a keen interest in taking over our products and business. This has come as a bit of surprise because we did not presume it. Until or unless a positive outcome emerges, we cannot give any more information. Thanks for your good wishes and very kind messages which I truly appreciate.

All the best,

Rob - RealAir

I hope this comes to bare. I know no one will be as talented with planes and customers as you are, but allowing your art to live in through a 3rd party is a far better solution than having them wiped from the face of the earth. Too much work and love have gone into these planes to not allow all who wish to enjoy them from doing so. Keep up posted and again thank you for all that you have done for us over the years. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I hope  Mathias/Aerosoft would help the RA journey kept alive. Please, not Carenado.  :Tounge:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I hope  Mathias/Aerosoft would help the RA journey kept alive. Please, not Carenado.  :Tounge:

Now that would be just too cruel.  Oh, please noooooooo...  :Worried:  Ditto Alabeo, of course.

Aerosoft, A2A, Flight1 and possibly Milviz would be OK, I think.

My plan had been to get the P3D versions in late December, but that plan has been royally screwed.  

X2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I suspect  if they do reach some kind of an agreement with another developer it will be to sell and support what Rob and Sean have already done, I wonder what happens to the piston duke they were porting over to P3D? 

Thanks again Rob and Sean for 16 great years!

Now that would be just too cruel.  Oh, please noooooooo...  :Worried:  Ditto Alabeo, of course.

Aerosoft, A2A, Flight1 and possibly Milviz would be OK, I think.

Yep any of those would be fine. I vote for A2A. They have been ruminating about a GA twin for years now.

Full Disclosure: I am not related to Lewis Bloomfield of A2A in any way, except by our interest in flight sims.

Rob and Sean, I have enjoyed very much (Still do) the Turbine and Legacy,  All the very best for the future     

Rob and all at  RealAir,

Thanks for all your excellent work over the years.

From the great modifications of the 'Fly' aircraft many years ago to the more recent aircraft you have always set such a high standard.

May you enjoy the extra time you will now have and continue to fly high.

Ian

Rob & Sean,

Thanks for the ride guys, your aircraft were the best. You set the bar high now lets see if anyone can reach it.

Take care, and thanks

Peter

• Upvote 1

Kind of sad to see the RealAir Lancair v2 get a great review in the jan/feb 2017 issue of PC Pilot... 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thank you for your excellent services over the years...

Your products were certainly up there with the best..if not the best.

I fully understand and respect your decision to close down but if I may suggest one thing.

If you handed over the continued selling of your products to chosen vendors you could donate every penny raised to a charity of your choice. I do not know the contactual issues surrounding that.

Dave

Sorry to hear of the misfortune, in the small but wonderful team at RealAir.

I'd count RealAir in my top 3 favourite developers in the hobby - on all aspects; quality, value and customer service.

I would add to others that are worried about re-downloading that I successfully re-downloaded and activated/installed all of their products, from their website last night.   I'm sure Rob and Sean won't remove the server until an offline solution has been made available.  These guys deserve our respect and trust - they've earned it over the years with their superior customer service.

Bill.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)