Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Trying to keep the flame alight.

Did you read the original post?  This has nothing to do with economics or "keeping a flame alight."  It has to do with life altering events that force one to re-prioritize their activities, and the right to retire from a field someone has contributed so much to.  Instead of trying to convince them to return, why not just thank them for their invaluable contributions and move on?  

• Upvote 4

Matt King

Did you read the original post?  This has nothing to do with economics or "keeping a flame alight."  It has to do with life altering events that force one to re-prioritize their activities, and the right to retire from a field someone has contributed so much to.  Instead of trying to convince them to return, why not just thank them for their invaluable contributions and move on?  

Can I give you an extra brownie point?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Did you read the original post? This has nothing to do with economics or "keeping a flame alight." It has to do with life altering events that force one to re-prioritize their activities, and the right to retire from a field someone has contributed so much to. Instead of trying to convince them to return, why not just thank them for their invaluable contributions and move on?

Matt, you are absolutely spot on with this. C'mon folks - it's clear from Rob's posts that they made a well-considered decision, continuing to support existing users but not taking on any additional burdens. These guys have ALWAYS been one of the class acts in the sim world. Let's be classy ourselves, understand that they've thought this through and let them exit on their terms with nothing but our best wishes and thanks.

Scott

Rob has also made a decision to see if a new home can be found for RealAir's products, in order to maintain their availability while allowing the RealAir team to make the life changes they need. If they can be done, they will do it, and if can't they won't, so there is neither a need to keep the flame nor is there a need to finger-wag at people for doing so.

Can I give you an extra brownie point?

Only if accompanied with real brownies, Ron.  Ahh crap, there goes that New Years resolution...

Matt King

Hey everyone, I know this is an old post and a sad one at that 😢

But after deleting FSX Acceleration and putting FSX-SE on my hard drive, I can’t reinstall the piston Duke v2 as purchased originally from Simmarket. It says that it can’t establish an internet connection and to make sure I’m on the net. I have tried with Norton off, re-downloading from Simmarket, UAC off and run as administrator etc but no luck. Would this be because they have finally wrapped up their server?

I hope this isn’t the case, as that would mean I have lost this baby forever 😩

Fingers crossed that their is something I have missed.

Cheers,

Nathan

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

For those of you needing to reinstall their RealAir products, Sean Maloney has set up a new site which can be accessed here....

http://realairsimulations.net/

He was extremely helpful in getting things up and running and even has P3dv4 installers for their aircraft.

Cheers,

Nathan 

Edited by ftwd

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)