Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Very sad news indeed.  Thank you both for all the beautiful works.  I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Duke V2.0 in P3D, and its integration with the GTN, but sadly I probably will never be able to fly that aircraft again in P3D.  Nevertheless nothing lasts forever, and at some points one must decide what's important.  We will miss you but we will remember you guys long after whenever we take your work out to the virtual sky.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thank you Rob,and crew for the many hours of pleasure I got,while flying the free Cessna 172,and enjoy retirement! I have 6 years to go.....

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Thank you both of you for all your have done for the sim community.

Enjoy each moment of your "new" life.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

I had no idea.

thank you for the wonderful aircraft you've provided. The Real Air Scout brought me a great deal of pleasure.

Personal health and well being are much more important so I hope for the best for all of you.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Sad news indeed. You guys have earned the community's respect and admiration throughout the years, and your work will be remembered as some of the finest ever done for flight sim. The Lancair Legacy is, without a doubt, one of the very best virtual vehicles ever created. All the best to both of you.

May God bless them both personally. Certainly to Sean's partner Carla. Love your products and your quality will be sorely missed. My only regret is I didn't get your Spitfire before you closed shop. Blessings to you both!

Above all, family comes first.  My thanks for the fine work and service you have provided to the flight sim world. The advancements you made to making fllight simming mor "Real" will always be remembered.  Each time I will fly my Real Air Duke I will offer a prayer to you and yours.

Take care,

R.

Sorry to hear about the closure.

Have you guys thought about giving your code to A2A (I mean selling it to them or partnering with them as they are in GA space like you guys were).  It would be a perfect fit to see your products stay alive.  I am sure some royalty approach can be established with A2A.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

This news was sort of "gut punch" when I read it.  My list of want to own FSX AC will now be forever unfulfilled.  But heck, that's my problem, not yours. Family matters matter the most, and I honor and respect your courage in dealing with both personal challenges and the business decision to lighten your burden.  God bless you and your family, and thanks for all your hard work, your significant contributions to FS, and the hours of joy and escape your fine AC sims have brought me.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Rob and Sean,

Know this; Your RealAir Turbine Duke is making the Monday morning commute from Southampton (EGHI) to London City (EGLC) taking business guys who live in the Chanel Islands up to the city. Take Off is usually about 0730z. It's how I start the week.

Fair winds to you both in your well deserved retirement and all the best.

2016_10_13_17_37_42_573.jpg

Approach into London City...

sw1.jpg

Back at EGHI Cold and Dark...Full Moon.

sw2.jpg

Thank you for your wonderful Aircraft. x

No doubt, real life comes first, even before real air. Some decisions have to be made.

Have you guys thought about giving your code to A2A (I mean selling it to them or partnering with them as they are in GA space like you guys were).  It would be a perfect fit to see your products stay alive.  I am sure some royalty approach can be established with A2A.

I second that, A2A or even Carenado would be good homes for the technology of RealAir and give us the chance to go on with these great planes.

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

A2A would be an excellent home.  I feel both the companies offer realism which is similar.

I really home these birds get to live for the next gen simulations which eventually be out soon.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

A2A would be an excellent home.  I feel both the companies offer realism which is similar.

Agreed. A2A and RealAir were in a space all of their own. Now, what if A2A got their hands on both flavours of Duke, and the Lancair and...Accusimmed them...

(Wipes drool off keyboard)

Thank- You for giving us simmers a great product.  I guess all good things must come to an end, at some point.

I wish you and your family well.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11