Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XP11 offline downloader? Beta update later to full?

Is there a way to download the setup files in full or in part to the local drive for installation later?

I didnt see this option when using the installer and it would be useful down the road (changing locations etc).

Also.. will the full release version of 11 just update the beta, or will it require a new install?  I havent seen any info on this...

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

There aren't any setup files. The installer just downloads files and puts them in the destination folder.

So all you need to do to backup, copy or move X-Plane, is to backup, copy or move the folder. That's one of the advantages of X-Plane - it doesn't mess with the Registry and doesn't put any files in other locations.

The installer will update the Beta to the first stable release. From there on, you can always choose to only get updates when a new stable release is available, or if you also want to get Beta versions inbetween.

You can even have two separate copies of X-Plane on the same machine, and use one for stable releases and the other for Betas, testing etc. They won't affect each other.

There aren't any setup files. The installer just downloads files and puts them in the destination folder.

So all you need to do to backup, copy or move X-Plane, is to backup, copy or move the folder. That's one of the advantages of X-Plane - it doesn't mess with the Registry and doesn't put any files in other locations.

The installer will update the Beta to the first stable release. From there on, you can always choose to only get updates when a new stable release is available, or if you also want to get Beta versions inbetween.

You can even have two separate copies of X-Plane on the same machine, and use one for stable releases and the other for Betas, testing etc. They won't affect each other.

Ah brilliant.. thanks.. i'm a long time P3D/FSX user, so i hadnt realized this.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Ah brilliant.. thanks.. i'm a long time P3D/FSX user, so i hadnt realized this.

It's one of those things that you'll start to appreciate more and more the further your sim install grows. It's just very easy to make backups, move things around and not have to mess with registry issues or installers.