Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

X-Plane 11: Epic Victory LSGG to EDDK, ...wow! ;-)

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

Tonight, I´ve finished my first full flight in X-Plane 11.

The Epic Victory works like a charm in XPXI, one has only to copy the GNS430 from "Custom data" folder of XPX into the "Custom data" folder of XPXI. The SkyView System is a joy to use!

And let me tell you one thing: Flying through XPXI´s clouds in dawn, with the landing lights illuminating them, and with the strobes lighten up these clouds as well, is such an incredibly immersive experience!

And these beautiful reflections on the a/c, which are real time reflections, showing the actual world around...

I am totally amazed!

Here are a few screenies from this wonderful flight:

deknxczcjt7queqw4.jpg

deknxlmot2634lmlg.jpg

deknxvrbxsbtehr50.jpg

deko60r2aieuwwpa8.jpg

dekny54wy2acho61w.jpg

deknyelk04439jhr8.jpg

deknz2x3pl2dtdpyc.jpg

deknzfx1n330w3pus.jpg

deko4e8kpg3col43k.jpg

deknzpm50goa6s4v8.jpg

deko0a0g5pmbklpr8.jpg

deko0lllcrlz0bjxg.jpg

deko135zhozjl4exw.jpg

deko1bycuyj3lkx44.jpg

deko1ttbh1pyskdk4.jpg

deko26ezsoge23hk4.jpg

deko2ev4g9dqzmg10.jpg

deko2mljp9yarutus.jpg

Amazing shots but the second one is my favorite, look at that nice european autogen wow!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Guest Mik75

Thanks guys! Yeah, I like the new European autogen as well!

But please, for everybody who hasn't done so already, do yourselves a favour and set up a quick flight through cloudy weather at dusk, dawn or night.

It totally blew me away!

I don't want to hype it too much (and I play both P3D and XP10), but this looks like the real deal going forward.

The stock fully 3D scenery is just insanely good and on an entirely different level than P3D's texture based scenery. The lighting system is also on an entirely different level of good. I can't even play P3D at night anymore because it's so ugly by comparison.

Guest Mik75

I love flying in P3D, and it can look very immersive as well, especially with these ultra detailed airport sceneries.

But the dynamic lighting and rendering of XPX just reached another level with XPXI, and the result is definitely the (visually) most capable civilian flight simulator available right now.

The fluidity and smoothness (and I am running it on a 4 yrs old machine with a 2GB GTX 670!), and the total abscence of OOMs (64 bit is just so relaxing), makes flying in XPXI a wonderful experience.

And we are only in beta...

Love the sweet little motor scooter!

HLJAMES

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot! Yeah, the "motor scooter" is sweet indeed! ;-)

Super looking set of X-Plane 11 shots!   Once more 3rd party addon's are updated it will be my civilian sim of choice.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Great shots.

I've heard people complaining about the haze, and perhaps at times it is overdone at ground level, but the haze in some of those shots make the landscape look more like the real deal that anything I've seen yet.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Guest Mik75

Thanks! No doubt about that!

We're still at the very beginning, so exciting times ahead!

Great shots.

I've heard people complaining about the haze, and perhaps at times it is overdone at ground level, but the haze in some of those shots make the landscape look more like the real deal that anything I've seen yet.

That's true!

Some people tend to forget that this is still a beta! And others are complaining always, no matter what... ;-)

For me personally, this is the best looking civilian flight sim!

Looks great, but I still can't believe they continued using BLACK clouds? What are they thinking?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Looks great, but I still can't believe they continued using BLACK clouds? What are they thinking?

This can be edited by changing values in data ref editor, but having x-enviro and sky max pro coming on the way not many are bothering about default clouds for now.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

This can be edited by changing values in data ref editor

But the question is: why the heck didn't Laminar do this....?! If this can be solved so easily, why didn't they do it for us? It's not that you can hardly see it: those black clouds are utterly ugly. But well, this is a beta of course. 

BTW x-enviro may be nice but the price is ridiculous, if it is correct. 

Anyway: great screenshots!  :wink: