Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Help FS9 will not start, computer has run out of memory

Well I changed the 32 bit textures to DXT3 textures but that didn't work. How is it that I have 32 bit textures in this scenery, but you guys don't? Very strange. I hope to hear back from BDO soon. I hope they will know what is happening,

Greg, I have my FS9 mip map setting on 4 then the graphic card setting is on the highest level. With that setting I don't get any shimmering.

i'm not using fs9 anymore, but it's a strange for fs9 to run out of memory. I newer had OOM with fs9. Use process explorer to check how much VAS is realy used by fs9 https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Things to consider:

Have you upgraded fs9 to v9.1?

Do you have 64bit windows? 

You can also make fs9 large address aware(it will use more VAS without OOM). There are some tools which can do it automatically for you, or you can do it manually using HEX Editor http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

How to do it with hex editor:

Open fs9.exe in hex editor(make a backup of fs9.exe first!)

At address 014E, change 0F to 2F

At address 0190, change 00 to 48

At address 0191, change 00 to 7F

At address 0192, change 00 to 15

I have my FS9 mip map setting on 4 then the graphic card setting is on the highest level. With that setting I don't get any shimmering.

It appears everything is in order in that regard.

Well I changed the 32 bit textures to DXT3 textures but that didn't work. How is it that I have 32 bit textures in this scenery, but you guys don't? Very strange

That is strange indeed.  I purchased my copy from Simmarket so you'd think we would have the same set of files.  The name of the installer I downloaded is  BDOaviation-LameziaTermeFS2004.exe just in case simmarket set you up by accident with the wrong version.

Let us know what BDO says.  

Greg

You know what I can't figure out? I bought the scenery on Tuesday and installed it. And the scenery worked! I spent 5-10 minutes at the scenery looking around and watching the AI move around. I exited the sim, then about 20 minutes later I tried starting my FS9 again and that's when the out of memory error started.

I then uninstalled the scenery and tried installing it again, but now I get the out of memory error every time with that scenery installed.

That is strange indeed.  I purchased my copy from Simmarket so you'd think we would have the same set of files.  The name of the installer I downloaded is  BDOaviation-LameziaTermeFS2004.exe just in case simmarket set you up by accident with the wrong version.

Let us know what BDO says.  

Greg

So far they just wanted to know my computer specs. They haven't said what could be wrong or what to try so it gets fixed.

And yes I got my scenery from Simmarket also (same exe file name as the one you said). How many files does your scenery have? I have 103 files in the scenery folder and 217 in the texture folder. Maybe the exe I have is not installing all of the files needed?

I just heard back from BDO and they fixed my out of memory problem. They said to delete the two files bdg_zone_a0.bgl and ged_komp_a.bgl. I been to the scenery twice since I deleted those files and no out of memory errors for me now.

Glad they sorted it for you.  Did they say what the purpose of the files is?  

Glad they sorted it for you.  Did they say what the purpose of the files is?  

No they didn't say what those files were for. Did you have those files?

Yes, both of those files installed with my copy of the scenery.  As it happened I received an email from BDO this morning on this subject:  

"Dear Customer

We need to inform you regarding the Out Of Memory issue on our Lamezia FS2004. Please remove 2 files : "bdg_zone_a0.bgl" and "ged_komp_a.BGL".It will fix the OOM problem and improve your Lamezia performance. We will send new installer to simmarket, but you not required to download new istaller because that's only remove 2 files above.Once again, sorry for your inconvenience and enjoy your flight.

Best Regards

BDOaviation"

Even though I didn't have the problem I deleted the files to avoid any future issues and on the promise of improved performance.  I suspect you weren't the only customer with the problem but thanks for sharing here with the FS9 community and pursuing it through to a resolution.  BDO is to be congratulated as well for good customer service.

Cheers,

Greg 

I suspect you weren't the only customer with the problem but thanks for sharing here with the FS9 community and pursuing it through to a resolution.  BDO is to be congratulated as well for good customer service.

Cheers,

Greg 

And thank you for trying to help me fix the problem.