Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

[FSX:SE] Asking activation every time start sim

So everything has been normal, perfectly fine with both PMDG737 and 777 until yesterday.

Today after updating FSX:SE (steam automatic update), I started the sim and it asked for 777 activation, I re-entered the code, start sim and no gauges and landing gear.

Restart sim, try PMDG 737 and it's perfectly normal.

Reinstall PMDG 777 and re-activate again, normal.
Restart sim and ask for activation again.

Try going through the OC and get this error in "Version" page (I never checked this page in OC so I don't know this has been an error since before or it just occured)

From yesterday I only install RemoteCDU but I doubt it has anything to do with this because if it does then it should mess up both 737 and 777.

Any ideas why this could happen?

Thank you.

Untitled_2.jpgupload gif from url

Another thing to add is today I backup my FSX:SE from my PC using steam backup and restore it in my laptop (of course without addons). Will it affect the activation?

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I don't know for the first activation, but for the steam backup, I really think you would be safer reinstalling properly a clean FSX SE, as the steam backup won't save any of the important files that are not in the steam game folder. The ini files, so you will probably lose all the configured sceneries and addons anyway, their data would be there but the dll.xml file and scenery files will probably be a clean one so that won't work. FSX is really not meant to be saved this way.

Any ideas why this could happen?

This is something that people should come directly to us about. People in the forum don't have the expertise to be able to diagnose this kind of issue. If you activate too many times within a set period, the system will actually cut you off, assuming you're doing something nefarious.

In this case, it seems you (or something else) has disabled or is interfering with FlexNET. Start > Run > Services.msc. Find FlexNet and ensure it is set to Manual. If this does not work, send a ticket using the link in my signature.

Also: we haven't changed any code in our products for quite some time. We don't have any automatic updaters on your system. That being said, if our stuff worked a few days ago, and then suddenly stopped, it was caused by something else.

Another thing to add is today I backup my FSX:SE from my PC using steam backup and restore it in my laptop (of course without addons). Will it affect the activation?

It could. Backups are great for ensuring old files are recoverable. They're awful at making sure complex programs like FS run without issue. As Aurelien mentioned, it's not really meant to be saved in that way.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for your help. I think I've found the cause. Stupid me.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5