Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

P2ATC for X-Plane 11?

Good morning,  the inevitable question I suppose;  Will P2ATC be ready to run with X-Plane 11 when the first release comes?

(I am not a beta tester)

Thank you,

Bruce

Bruce,

I haven't tried it yet because I'm having controller problems in XP11 but I don't know why it wouldn't work right now. P2A requires XPUIPC which I believe is already compatible with XP11.

NAX669.png

I tried P2ATC with X=plane 11 Beta, and it seemed to work ok. I only used it for one GA flight so far.  The beta still has too many bugs in it, so I'm keepin my XP plugins to a minimum for now.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Yes, I confirm made a flight today with the XP 11, Boeing 738 and everything went well with P2ATC.  I couldn't seem to get any P2ATC weather report for EGSS or EDDM but I think mayber that was a different issue?

Cheers,

Bruce

I briefly tested this last nite.. its working in XP11.. connected right up, i guess because i have the FSUIPC plugin installed.. didnt have a chance to test the weather report though.

I'm debating which ATC to stick with, mainly for VR and voice dictation/commands.. either this or PF3 or Radar Contact 4.. in conjunction with Voice attack.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I briefly tested this last nite.. its working in XP11.. connected right up, i guess because i have the FSUIPC plugin installed.. didnt have a chance to test the weather report though.

I'm debating which ATC to stick with, mainly for VR and voice dictation/commands.. either this or PF3 or Radar Contact 4.. in conjunction with Voice attack.

Bear in mind that RC4 is significantly out of date now with termonology etc and is no longer being developed. Whereas PF3 is coming up to its 1st anniversary and is fully supported and updates are ongoing.

Whereas PF3 is coming up to its 1st anniversary and is fully supported

just checked into this PF3 thing...apparently although there is a way to get it configured to work within xplane by using 3rd party software, PF3 was not designed for x-plane use nor does the author support it's function with xplane.

Quoted from the PF3 author himself:

"We make it quite clear that PF3 will work with X-Plane but only when using the third party addon. There are no plans to make PF3 work with X-Plane"

This was the author's response to a new customer asking if there's a way to get the PF3 demo (try before you buy) to work in Xplane.

So... I wouldn't be buying this for Xplane since it has zero support in using it that way.

• Upvote 1

just checked into this PF3 thing...apparently although there is a way to get it configured to work within xplane by using 3rd party software, PF3 was not designed for x-plane use nor does the author support it's function with xplane.

Quoted from the PF3 author himself:

"We make it quite clear that PF3 will work with X-Plane but only when using the third party addon. There are no plans to make PF3 work with X-Plane"

This was the author's response to a new customer asking if there's a way to get the PF3 demo (try before you buy) to work in Xplane.

So... I wouldn't be buying this for Xplane since it has zero support in using it that way.

No there is no "direct" support for xpl but there is obviously for PF3 itself. So it's up to the person who has designed the plugin to keep that up to date. I would say that very little work is needed. It is said to work well so give it a try.

Pilot2ATC works great with X-Plane 11 and is supported in the X-Plane environment.

So far there are no reported problems related to X-Plane 11 and I've been using it for a few weeks now myself.

Dave

• Upvote 1

I cannot get pilot2atc to work with xplane 10 or 11. I installed the latest xpuipc as directed, in both xplane 10 and the latest 11 beta, but p2atc will not connect in either. Am I missing Something? Is there some setting in p2atc that needs to be Set? I am not using widefs as I am not running any xplane plugins on a network, but I put my host pc ip address in the ini file anyway, so that isn't the problem. And before you ask, yes it is installed correctly. Unzipped the xpuic folder into the existing plugins folder in xplane 10 and 11. Thanks

Sam

Sam,

Here are some things to check.

1) Does XPUIPC show up in the Plugins menu item.  If so it is installed correctly.

2) When you press connect in Pilot2ATC, you should get 3 lines in aqua color in the Speech Text Box:

Simulator Connected

Recognition Engine Started

Grammars Loaded

If not something else may be wrong.

Dave

Dave,

1) Yes, XPUIPC does show up in the plugins menu.

2)  When I press connect in Pilot2ATC I get nothing in the speech text box.

I have all other plugins disabled.

Pilot2ATC connects fine with P3D

I am sure it is not a pilot2atc problem, since no one else seems to be reporting anything like this. I just don't know where else to look.

Thanks

Sam

If XPUIPC is working there is very little that would keep P2A from connecting to the SIM and giving that first message: Simulator Connected.

Some other things to check as a long shot:

1) Microphone installed and set as Windows Default Input device

2) Joystick installed  (Or anything that is defined as a Joystick like a Yoke, or even a Mouse)

3) Try changing aircraft to the default Cessna 172

4) Check if other functions of P2A like flight planning work

Dave