Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Best usage for Prepar3d V3 and Rex

Hello , 

I have the following programs and when I ask support they are not very clear so here is my question if someone can give me an advise , I have the following programs and I am not sure if I need to run all of them or just pick up one or two : My computer is having a strong video card and huge hard drive so the PC is not an issue : 

- Rex Texture Direct with soft clouds 

- Rex Essential plus over drive 

- ASN active sky next 

I also have the full version of FTX global, Europe north america vector and base pack 

My question is : do I run the above three programs from Rex and ASN same time or  do I have to deactivate some option in any to avoid overlapping 

Many Thanks for your reply 

Hi...

I'm not an expert on REX products but I think "- Rex Essential plus over drive" is a weather engine... So that would be redundant to ASN - so you should probably pick one or the other...

My setup - I used to run "- Rex Texture Direct with soft clouds" plus "- ASN active sky next" and worked pretty well... The "- Rex Texture Direct with soft clouds" had an option to start ASN and P3D after loading the textures...

I very recently switched to AS16/ASCA and preliminary results seem better than my old setup...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the same products as you and run Soft Clouds and Essential together.  Scott is right; you have two weather engines with REX Essential and ASN.  Pick one.

Jim

Also, you don't necessarily run them "together". You run the REX programs to generate textures, clouds, etc and then shut it down. You do not need to run it again UNLESS you want to change your textures. The weather engine, ASN would need to be running all the time.

If you want to change cloud and sky textures on the fly, then you would need the AS16/ASCA combination.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors