Sign in to follow this  
efis007

XP11 haze quantity & clouds color (solved)

Remember the save format is tricky  ... some time I just open a working script delete de content  and paste the new  one in  and saving  ...

cheers

set ("sim/private/controls/fog/std_deviation_cutoff", 0.5) is an option if you want to play around with the haze. Try different values.

Applying it is easy: Open a blank text file, copy the string and save it as .lua

Be careful that your editor does not add a .txt at the end. I recommend notepad++.

One command per line. 

If there is an error in the script lua will stop and notify you by a red notice in the upper right corner. 

Open the lua debug file in the main XP folder and find the line where it explains which script was faulty (has the wrong entry in it). You can modify the script while XP is running, just reload the lua engine and then reload all scripts through the lua plugin interface.

I tried a lot of these scripts, eventually I set everything back to stock except for the glare fix.

Thanks.

I'm going to try the two lines this afternoon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

All active scripts must be in the /scripts folder under the main FlywithLua folder.

kill_glares is for the banding effect (btw also accomplished by XEnviro)

The other one is supposed to make the haze lighter, not quite sure which value is working best.

That worked for me. TKS :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I cannot get the clouds white when using Lua with the script, I do get two lines as nil, but have dark clouds.

Aaron Tirrell

Looking back here i'm not sure which script lines are best to reduce the haze.. and to make it more difficult, which script lines to change to make the haze reduced, but yet keep some degree of realism?

Also.. does using Xenviro have any effect on the haze by itself.. so no need for dataref changes?

Beta3 is out, but the haze is still pretty thick by default.. i havent tried any of the lines in this thread in a lua script yet (i do have lua working though)..

Can anyone clarify the best combo here / or if there is a need if i buy into Xenviro?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I think the haze has been adjusted in beta-3. It looks pretty realistic to me.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I think the haze has been adjusted in beta-3. It looks pretty realistic to me.

The dataref fog value has been changed to 0 by default in b3. I don't have to do that manually anymore.

The dataref fog value has been changed to 0 by default in b3. I don't have to do that manually anymore.

What was the value in B2 ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1.5, but in my b3 it has not changed.

Bunkers, are you sure you don't have a plugin that changes that dataref?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1.5, but in my b3 it has not changed.

Bunkers, are you sure you don't have a plugin that changes that dataref?

I'm not sure what has caused it to change, but for me the default value is 0.0 in b3. It was 1.5 in b2 and I had to change it manually back then.

I just tested it, and I liked it.

md80_44-2.png

md80_43-2.png

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

Hi I have the lates version of X Plane 11 installed and with it Orthxp but still the scenery is wery fogy -

I did install the plugin Data Ref Editor and did set all the settings as discribe in te 1st msg of this subject.

The line "Fog/std_deviation_cutoff=0.3000000" do not want to take 0.3000000 and keep going back to the setting 1.500000 when entering 0.300000 and hitting the tab key.

Do miss anything - fogness make me made at x plane 11.

Windows 10 64bit

What many users don't realize when talking about haze quantity is that the color of the haze in relation to the sky color has a big impact - it's not the quantity alone. Try this set and see how you like the haze / sky at daytime. No dataref tweaks required.

sky_colors_clean.png?raw=1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 01/12/2016 at 11:52 PM, hjsmuc said:

The man or woman who finds the solution to this banding issue before Ben Supnik does get's a Carenado plane of choice on me.

Old post but you can use Reshade to get rid of the banding. Just turn on the Deband option!

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Thanks, I never realized what the Deband option was for in ReShade.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.