Sign in to follow this  
efis007

XP11 haze quantity & clouds color (solved)

Wouldn't a lua script be able make these changes upon start?

Hans

Thanks for finding this!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

A note here:

While the tweaks are well and good, I also think there's an additional important step - while XP11 is in beta, the feedback about what we like or don't about the current atmospheric effects needs to be communicated back to Laminar. Otherwise, if we never tell them, then we miss the chance of having it perfect out of the box.

Also, it's very possible that if you have reporting turned on, that any performance metrics that get communicated back to LR (if there are any?) during the beta period may be skewed by whatever you may have tweaked by playing with the art controls.

That said, I'm glad to see that the art controls are still there and easily manipulated.

• Upvote 5

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

A note here:

While the tweaks are well and good, I also think there's an additional important step - while XP11 is in beta, the feedback about what we like or don't about the current atmospheric effects needs to be communicated back to Laminar. Otherwise, if we never tell them, then we miss the chance of having it perfect out of the box.

Also, it's very possible that if you have reporting turned on, that any performance metrics that get communicated back to LR (if there are any?) during the beta period may be skewed by whatever you may have tweaked by playing with the art controls.

That said, I'm glad to see that the art controls are still there and easily manipulated.

Couldn't have said it better, Jim.

Cheers,

Pascal

A note here:

+1. Since we're at the first public Beta, I urge everyone to not consider these tweaks as a given solution for the future, and if necessary to give Laminar Research the appropriate feedback of what you don't like in the _default_ X-Plane.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I'm guessing that's exactly what RTH did in XP 10 since it was a lua script. Maybe it will updated for XP 11.

Ryan

It not work. 

I have created a LUA script with this code:

set("sim/private/controls/atmo/scale_raleigh", 30.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie", 0.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh", 17.0) 
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_b", 52.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_g", 9.4) 
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_r", 5.6)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/gain_min", 2.0)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/sky_gain", 5.0)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/white_point", 2.2) 
set("sim/private/controls/fog/std_deviation_cutoff", 0.30)
set("sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 5.0)
set("sim/private/controls/skyc/whiteout_in_clouds", 0.0) 

At the start Xp11 i have message "lua stopped" on the screen.  :sad: 

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

At the start Xp11 i have message "lua stopped" on the screen.

Guess that's why RTH doesn't work. I agree that we shouldn't use the beta to handcraft our own release candidate. But it is fun to see what is possible and to improve the beta during the wait time for further releases. I also have reported a couple of things to LR. My pet peeve is the halo/banding which fortunately is already on the acknowledged bug list.

In this older topic a script was linked to an aircraft loading: http://www.avsim.com/topic/433908-x-plane-10-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/.

Maybe this would still work. 

Hans

Thank you, I popped the fog line into a temporary LUA script and working fine.

This will tide me over until LR tone the haze down.

You can tweak the haze and atmospheric effects without disabling Skymaxx correct?

Yes, but my experience with Skymaxx and XP 11 is that rather than making the clouds nice and puffy, it just makes the whole sky seem like a cloud is smeared across it with a spatula.  No individual clouds at all.  These three mods (once you have done them, it doesn't take a couple of minutes to do them) coupled with the  freeware Clouds Gold Edition X II 1.4 BETA  ( link: http://forums.x-plan...d-edition-x-ii/ ) in place of Skymaxx really does look good.

John

John Wingold

a temporary LUA script

Would you mind explaining how to write such a temporary script?

Hans

Would you mind explaining how to write such a temporary script?

Sure, just create a new text file with a LUA extension and call it whatever you like e.g. "TempHazeFix.lua".

(make sure file name extensions are visible otherwise it will leave a ".txt" extension on the end)

Open it up and copy/paste the command(s) you wish e.g.

Then save the file and put it in the "X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts" folder.

You will of course have to have FlyWithLUA already installed (from the Org).

Yes, but my experience with Skymaxx and XP 11 is that rather than making the clouds nice and puffy, it just makes the whole sky seem like a cloud is smeared across it with a spatula.  No individual clouds at all.  These three mods (once you have done them, it doesn't take a couple of minutes to do them) coupled with the  freeware Clouds Gold Edition X II 1.4 BETA  ( link: http://forums.x-plan...d-edition-x-ii/ ) in place of Skymaxx really does look good.

John

Thanks, I'll try that out.  But Skymaxx for me looks just like it did in XP10 except the clouds have a the dark area around the edges as other people have mentioned and as you can see in some of the screenshots that have been posted.  Plus, performance is significantly better with Skymaxx clouds than with the default XP11 clouds, at least for me.

Ryan