Sign in to follow this  
skybluerob

FS2004(FS9) Screenshots

There should be a pinned FS9 screenshot topic, where we can post screenshots to show that FS9 isn't quite dead in the water yet.

I recently dug out an old Hong Kong addon I had in the back of my cupboard (by flightsoft).  I remember trying it years ago and it slowed the simulator to a crawl on my old PC.  Now I can run it maxed out at a silky smooth 60 fps.  It still looks pretty impressive in my view, and the smoothness of the flying adds to the experience.

U6NNiC.jpg

Looks reasonable, flytampa's looks better imho.

But, FS9 rocks.

Got a disk full recently and guess (once) what I deleted ?

Hi Folks,

Don't forget about "9 Dragons" Kai Tak - it's freeware - should be in the lib - it was fantastic for its time - honestly I don't recall how it compares to the screen you posted though...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

water reflections like that in FS9.x ? how ? didnt saw them yet.

Doctored screenshot ?

Doctored screenshot ?

Yes, flood photoshop plugin used on the water.  :BigGrin:

Added for the screenshot. But as you said....I'm not looking at the water when landing at Kai Tak.  B)

Wow, trumps mine edetroit, great to see such an excellent screenshot.

Photoshop is cheating just a little (although looks awesome). How about any raw, undoctored screenshots so we can see what's genuinly possible on our computers (warts and all).

Thanks for the pic. Shame screenshots can't be posted directly into the forum though.

Rob.

• Upvote 1

Ed,

That's one of the finest screenshots I've ever seen in Flight Sim - doctored or not - and what a perfectly classic subject matter...

You've got that screenshot completion you entered that in - cinched !!!

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow, trumps mine edetroit, great to see such an excellent screenshot.

Photoshop is cheating just a little (although looks awesome). How about any raw, undoctored screenshots so we can see what's genuinly possible on our computers (warts and all).

Thanks for the pic. Shame screenshots can't be posted directly into the forum though.

Rob.

How do  you get the screenshots to show in the forum. I've tried but it says i need a url. Thanks

How about any raw, undoctored screenshots so we can see what's genuinly possible on our computers (warts and all)

Don't let a little water reflection upset you. Have a look inside the cockpit of the arriving Cathay 743 and then you will see what is possible if you put your mind to it.  :wub:

I'm into video's run at 1:1 speed capturing sound and visuals. That gives a very good idea as to what's possible with FS9.

I run with highest possible settings, aircraft and ground shadows, high quality scenery and aircraft, real weather with high quality clouds, AES, full AI, FRAPS and FSrecorder.....plus updated database and approaches.

It does not get better than that IMO...... and it's still getting better!!!!

Edit* Shot 3 years ago on my old rig. 

My next video flight will be Paris (LFPG) to Tallinn (EETN)

Here is an untouched screenshot from the Paris departure.  :hi:

31374998205_6342100a44_b.jpg

Ed, how do you make the cockpit shake in 2D?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Shake your monitor .... works every time for me ......

I don't. The head latency effect is post production.....meaning I add the effect in the edit suite. (Active camera newbluefx)

I do not want cockpit shake when I am flying as it is hard enough to click on the right knob with the mouse as it is. 

It looks good on playback but is not necessary for sim flying heavy iron IMO...... if you had a full motion sim and were shaking with the sim maybe, but on my static monitor no.