Sign in to follow this  
guustewierik

P3D Crashing

Hello,

I have a problem with P3D. Whenever i do a flight, and when im in the cruise i for example open chrome, after a couple of minutes P3D crashes. If i dont open chrome or any other application it's fine. But as soon as i start doing other stuff on my pc, P3D crashes again. Any solution for this?

Does P3D pause when you open Chrome, meaning that it stops running when you go and open Chrome?

For anyone here to provide any real advice or help, it would help if you posted a little more details on your system specs, the version of P3D, and any add-ons you have installed.

Thanks.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jimm,

It does not pause, as the pause on task option is off. It just freezes, and stays like that permanently until i close it. As for my specs:

CPU: Intel i7 6700K at 4.9 ghz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 TI

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

ASUS Z170 motherboard

I pretty much only use the PMDG 737&777. I don't have much payware airports (expensive). Only the Aerosoft Amsterdam x and Dubai from Flytampa. I'm running the latest version of P3D

Just guessing here but are you flying routes from Amsterdam to Dubai?  If so, it could be that you are having a VAS issue.  Do you have your sim settings set high or are they modestly set?  How about settings for AI traffic and whether you use a 3rd party add-on for AI traffic or if it is default?

How about external controllers, what do you use?  Are your nvidia drivers fresh and up to date?  How about scenery, such as ORBX, any of that installed?

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Sim settings are pretty much all on max, except the autogen is a touch lower. I dont use any traffic addons nor do i have any traffic on. I do have ORBX FTX global. My sim is locked at 33 FPS and it never drops a frame. I just recently reinstalled w10 and all the drivers so those are all up to date. I am running P3D on a kingston 128GB SSD. It is also installed in its own folder. 

edit: My vas appears to be ''773772'', no idea what that means

VAS stands for Virtual Address Space and for P3D and FSX, the limit is 4gb.  No matter if your physical memory is 8gb or 16gb, P3D will use up to 4gb to run, during the course of your flight sim uptime.  Whatever number you found, it doesn't equate to what I just mentioned.

It is hard to say right now, what it is that is causing the shutdown, though I could suspect a great many things, it still seems like there is something missing from a troubleshooting standpoint to determine why P3D will shutdown after opening your web browser.

I fixed the issue by making a second settings save file where everything has been put on low or off. That has dropped my GPU usage to only 40% and my CPU usage to 50%. I have also put Prepar3D on high priority. This seemed to fix it for me :-)