Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

steering key mapping

Hi everyone

I recently installed x plane 11.

Although its a completely new beast-I am still having problems with key mapping. This was one reason I never used the previous versions. 

Can you please tell me how to assign key board commands for taxiway  steering.I see the key board commands but its for only 1 key-i thought you need 2 keys-for left and right?

I have a saitek quadrant and I have assigned one lever to tiller,but its very clumpy.either it over steers or under-nothing like p3d rudder steering.

Or ideally is there a way of assigning rudder steering.

I look forward to your help.

Many thanks.

Qas

The axis controlling the rudder (yaw) should also control the nosewheel steering. What aircraft are you using? Can you control the rudder?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

When I saw your post, I had to chime in, as I have been fighting the tiller myself in XP.  In XP10, I could assign the tiller to my Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X, via the rocker switch on the throttle, which was extremely useful and handy (no pun intended).  With XP11, that same assignment doesn't work and I sent a bug report to the XP team about it.  When I use that function on my hardware, the aircraft only steers to the left and if I try to steer right, the taxi lights flash off an on.

I'm not exactly sure you can assign the tiller command to keys.  I suppose, and with my case being an example, you need to bind the command to functionality of your stick.  Otherwise, the rudder function will still act as the tiller so you have a backup option.  If the assignment you currently have works, but is clunky, I suspect it is do to the high sensitivity built-in.  Even when i use my tiller function on my throttle, I have to adjust ever so slightly or else I get the squealing wheels.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Many thanks for the response.

I have only tried the 737. It steers with the saitek quadrant tiller assignment,but it's hard work.

I have CH pedal-the rudder only moves very slightly on ground-but it does create any wheel movement.

I have assigned the rudder trim to the ch padel.This does look odd-but I do not see rudder only command in the list.

Maybe I am mis reading something.

If not,than may be the X Plane team need to create a  rudder only command for rudder function.

I know if I got this resolved I would definitely buy X Plane.

For planning and immersion factor p3d will still be the sim of choice.

Qas

Hi Guys

I think I have found a temporary solution.

I have assigned the rudder pedals to the tiller.

works wonders.