Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

To XP 11 from P3D

I tried X-plane many times before, but I have't really stayed  long  enough to become solid  XP user :) I've gone through all kind of versions of MSFS until finally switched to P3D.

Just recently I read the news  about XP 11 beta ( driven by my sim impulsiveness) I  decided give it a shot. What can I say. I'm very impressed with what I see in beta. I do have a lot of questions though! LOL It's a whole new world for me now. Where do I start?

1. First of all I understand there is not seasonal changes in XP 11, and most likely it won't be implemented based on regional settings?  Is that right or there is a light in the end of the tunnel? Some developer or distant planned update prehaps?

2. I tried to play with the weather settings for a little bit but couldn't get  much out of it. Is that something that always have been in XP or it's just because beta version? 

3. What are the top of the line addon vendors for XP 10 (and potentially 11)? Something similar that compares with quality of A2A, PMDG, Majestic, RealAir (RIP :sad: ) for P3D?

4 .What are the best quality helicopters addons 8 (in terms realism)?

5. Any must have utilities ?

Anyway I don't think I'm ready to switch completely, but definitely would like to spend more time with XP now!

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1. They did not talk about it.

2. I guess beta?

3. The 757/767 by FlightFactor, LES SAAB 2000 and IXEG 737 to get you started.

5. SkyMaxx Pro?

Zicheng Cai

1. First of all I understand there is not seasonal changes in XP 11, and most likely it won't be implemented based on regional settings?  Is that right or there is a light in the end of the tunnel? Some developer or distant planned update prehaps?

2. I tried to play with the settings for a little bit but couldn't get  much out of it. Is that something that always have been in XP or it's just because beta version? 

3. What are the top of the line addon vendors for XP 10 (and potentially 11)? Something similar that compares with quality of A2A, PMDG, Majestic, RealAir (RIP :sad: ) for P3D?

4 .What are the best quality helicopters addons 8 (in terms realism)?

5. Any must have utilities ?

1. X-Plane developers have plans to add so-called "procedural" seasons, which should be more realistic than texture-based seasons. This is a long term goal though, personally I'd be surprised if we see them before X-Plane 12. However there is at least one developer that has said is working on a payware 3rd party season add-on.

2. Did not understand the question.

3. Airfoillabs C172; Simcoders Reality Expansion Packs for Carenado aircrafts; IXEG B737-300; FlightFactor B767; RotateSim MD80; FlyJSim B727; Leading Edge Simulations Saab 340 and DC3; JarDesign Airbuses; PMDG DC6; etc.

4. Dreamfoils Bell 407, AS350, S300, R22, XTrident Bell 412, Nils Danielsson BK-117

5. There are many but it may be subjective: NOAA weather plugin, FyJSim HD runway textures, MisterX freeware airports, alpilotx HD mesh, etc.

In general, if you google those names, you'll find the relevant links. Most addons are available on X-Plane.org store or on X-Aviation store.

If you browse through X-Plane.org file library, you'll find the most popular downloads for each category (utilities, scenery, aircrafts, etc.).

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Sorry the second question was about weather. Accidentally got cut off .

Thanks for replies

4. Dreamfoils Bell 407, AS350, S300, R22, XTrident Bell 412, Nils Danielsson BK-117

Is it possible to install XP10 addon to 11 beta?

Weather depiction is poor. Developers already hinted that some things will be probably changed in the next betas. In X-Plane 10 there are freeware and payware addons that improve things somewhat, we willl see them also in X-Plane 11 in the not so distant future.

Is it possible to install XP10 addon to 11 beta?

At the moment X-Plane 11 is still at its first Beta and subject to change, so I think no vendor is already selling products that are officially compatible with X-Plane 11. Probably most of these products will be ported over to X-Plane 11, but of course you should wait until the vendor declares them officially compatible if you want to use them in X-Plane 11.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

My two cents using XP 10 (and now the 11 beta) for about 3 years...

You've come in at a bad and good time

Bad because beta is still really new, lots of bugs, it's not a great representation of the RTM stable version. You might want to try XP 10 and put in the free addons which make it look quite good. However that would take some time.

It's good because XP will grow A LOT! XP10 devs are working on compatibility right now - so a lot of addons will work correctly (some already do with minor tweaks)

If I were you, I'd buy XP11 beta right now from LR direct, which includes XP10. I'd buy one addon (GA or tube or both), that you like and then install all the best reeware into XP10. By the time you're tinkering with 10 you'll sort of figure out your way around 11 (even though the GUI is different). And 11 will be more stable and more addons will be compatible

I'll just name a few quality addons

Aircraft:

Aerobask, Carenado (yes they are usually nice in XP - you can buy a few which have REP packs), Leading Edge Simulations, Flight Factor, Dreamfoil, Airfoil Labs

Scenery:

HD Mesh v3 (free), RTH plugin (free), MisterX airports (free)

edit: And yes you can try to install any addon to XP11 beta.  You can even install to the demo I believe.  Some might not work though.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for responses. It's nice to have list of quality addons to start with. I will probably wait until beta goes to release candidate   

RTH plugin (free)

Ryan you mention Real Terra Haze - why would you need this in XP-11 - from what I am reading there is to much haze as it is ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

Ryan you mention Real Terra Haze - why would you need this in XP-11 - from what I am reading there is to much haze as it is ? thanks 

RTH is for XP 10.

My two cents using XP 10 (and now the 11 beta) for about 3 years...

You've come in at a bad and good time

Bad because beta is still really new, lots of bugs, it's not a great representation of the RTM stable version. You might want to try XP 10 and put in the free addons which make it look quite good. However that would take some time.

It's good because XP will grow A LOT! XP10 devs are working on compatibility right now - so a lot of addons will work correctly (some already do with minor tweaks)

If I were you, I'd buy XP11 beta right now from LR direct, which includes XP10. I'd buy one addon (GA or tube or both), that you like and then install all the best reeware into XP10. By the time you're tinkering with 10 you'll sort of figure out your way around 11 (even though the GUI is different). And 11 will be more stable and more addons will be compatible

I'll just name a few quality addons

Aircraft:

Aerobask, Carenado (yes they are usually nice in XP - you can buy a few which have REP packs), Leading Edge Simulations, Flight Factor, Dreamfoil, Airfoil Labs

Scenery:

HD Mesh v3 (free), RTH plugin (free), MisterX airports (free)

edit: And yes you can try to install any addon to XP11 beta.  You can even install to the demo I believe.  Some might not work though.

+1

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Regarding helicopters, I only fly the Bell 407, BK-117, and X-Trident Bell 412 from that list, but I've heard very good things about the others. I favor the larger twins that have force trim release and autopilot because I mostly fly in the FSEconomy game where you need seats, payload, and a good autopilot for long distance flights.

There are other helicopters available as payware like a Sea King, UH60, etc. but they're not up to current standards of cockpit or flight system modeling like those mentioned above. Still worth picking up if you're interested in the type, but don't expect too much for accuracy. Also several good free models at the .org. There is a new (payware, I think) Hughes 500 in the works that I'm very interested in, but not out yet.

Note: Of those I mentioned, the BK-117 works fine in the XP11 beta, the Bell 412 works with a patch from the developer forum on the .org, and the Bell 407 doesn't currently work. I expect most of these payware models will be patched up to work when the beta is over. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Meaning he should install it for XP10 if he chooses to buy the XP11 beta (which includes a full XP10 copy).  off topic - it's funny that I actually only owned the XP10 regional pack I bought off amazon for 30 bucks.  Now I finally can fly the rest of the world lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There's a really nice Beaver ( SoulMadeSim-DHC2) at the org store for those that love bush planes.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It is early days but it is sad that the options have been limited.  The simple way of setting up approaches for practice in Xplane 10 is no more and the lack of fine callibration means the Cessna will fly only at 10 frames a second in Xp 11.  I have a Processor AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor, 3612 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB and a HIS Amd r290 WITH 4 mB of Memory.  Interestingly their B737 gives 19.fps at Bremerton.

With 10 I could fine tune it with 11 I cannot turn the AI off etc, it makes a difference. 

Harry Woodrow

I agree it is frustrating but it's brand new beta...  I expect more options shortly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Driven by my impulsivity I bought X-trident Bell 412 and Airfoillabs C172. :P 412 worked after patch (found on x-plane.org )and 172 flew out of the box.

Wow what an impressive sim! Blowing  my mind really (even though it's a better) LOL.  My only wish is to see a snow and better water textures.

Few words about Airfoilabs. They  tweaked controls and finally 172 feels  like real 172. the ; my wiCan't wait for compatible add-ons  (psst don't wife)