Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

To XP 11 from P3D

Driven by my impulsivity I bought X-trident Bell 412 and Airfoillabs C172. :P 412 worked after patch (found on x-plane.org )and 172 flew out of the box.

Wow what an impressive sim! Blowing  my mind really (even though it's a better) LOL.  My only wish is to see a snow and better water textures.

Few words about Airfoilabs. They  tweaked controls and finally 172 feels  like real 172. the ; my wiCan't wait for compatible add-ons  (psst don't wife)

You mention the Airfoillabs C172 works in XP11 - does it have the dynamic shine that the other XP11 have or would we have to wait for an update - thank you

Rich Sennett

They want 35 bucks for a helo in XP?

Is that Bell 412 really amazing?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's really amazing, yes. Best helicopter model in X-Plane in my opinion.

The Dreamfoil helicopters are also very good, but the 412 has deeper system modeling because it's a complex twin and there are simply more systems to model. Like force trim release, SAS/ATT toggle, autopilot with radar terrain following mode, sling load operations, searchlight, etc.

If you're not interested in any of that, then one of the Dreamfoil models is a good bet, although those are about the same price as the 412. I fly the Dreamfoil Bell 407 when I want a break from the 412, it's a fun ride. If you want really basic, try the Schweizer S300CBi.

The 412 does need a patch available in the X-Trident forum to make it work in XP11, and it will receive another patch after XP11 is final. Also, note that the current XP11 beta doesn't separate joystick button assignments into separate plugin categories like XP10. You'll have to dig through the flat list of all assignments to find things like the command for force trim release on the cyclic.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Forgot to mention in that last post -- the Dreamfoil 407 does not work in the current XP11 Beta, so wait for a fix from either a future XP patch or something from Dreamfoil if you're interested in that one. The only other helo I've tried in XP11 is the ND BK-117 which does work, although it could really use an update now to remove those baked-in window reflections.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

You mention the Airfoillabs C172 works in XP11 - does it have the dynamic shine that the other XP11 have or would we have to wait for an update - thank you

I can't really answer this question. Sorry. Since I switched few days ago everything looks shiny to me LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I can't really answer this question. Sorry. Since I switched few days ago everything looks shiny to me LOL

Nice  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Yes it very good. With limitation of XP11 compatibility it the best heli up to date for me. I haven't seen that much complexity.

I do have Dreamfoil 407 which also looks solid; however, I can't get engine started so far.

Disclimer: I'm fixed wing pilot; therefore, my impressions are subject to my knowledge limitations

Little beat about  Airfoillabs 172. 

We were trying to get my airplane ( I own 172P) to KAJO on friday for the paint job. But "santa ana" conditions - strong winds  prevented us to make a safe approach so we came back. At the time the wind was gusting up to 30 kts. (we talking about LA basin where mountains do funny stuff during strong wind like LLWS and etc)  

Any way I came home after the flight and loaded XP11 . With new weather plugin freshly installed, I got current weather conditions tubed to XP11. I flew at the same airport for the fun of it. Wow! Airfoillabs 172 was tossed just like my poor 172 few hours ago. LOL That was very impressive. It felt almost like a real life. I have never experienced anything like that in P3D! (sorry A2A)

While Airfoilabs is great overall. One things bothers me is at the moment. For some reason Was unable to spin it. I tried hard for 30 minutes but "no joy". So there are still room for improvement.

I really like the Airfoil Labs C172, but I actually really like the default XP11 C172 as it outperforms it and looks really good. This is probably the first time I've ever liked a default aircraft.

I tried X-plane many times before, but I have't really stayed  long  enough to become solid  XP user :) I've gone through all kind of versions of MSFS until finally switched to P3D.

Just recently I read the news  about XP 11 beta ( driven by my sim impulsiveness) I  decided give it a shot. What can I say. I'm very impressed with what I see in beta. I do have a lot of questions though! LOL It's a whole new world for me now. Where do I start?

1. First of all I understand there is not seasonal changes in XP 11, and most likely it won't be implemented based on regional settings?  Is that right or there is a light in the end of the tunnel? Some developer or distant planned update prehaps?

2. I tried to play with the weather settings for a little bit but couldn't get  much out of it. Is that something that always have been in XP or it's just because beta version? 

3. What are the top of the line addon vendors for XP 10 (and potentially 11)? Something similar that compares with quality of A2A, PMDG, Majestic, RealAir (RIP :sad: ) for P3D?

4 .What are the best quality helicopters addons 8 (in terms realism)?

5. Any must have utilities ?

Anyway I don't think I'm ready to switch completely, but definitely would like to spend more time with XP now!

I am also a P3D guy moving now to XP11.

What do you think about JarDesign 330/320 ? 

Thx

It's really amazing, yes. Best helicopter model in X-Plane in my opinion.

The Dreamfoil helicopters are also very good, but the 412 has deeper system modeling because it's a complex twin and there are simply more systems to model. Like force trim release, SAS/ATT toggle, autopilot with radar terrain following mode, sling load operations, searchlight, etc.

If you're not interested in any of that, then one of the Dreamfoil models is a good bet, although those are about the same price as the 412. I fly the Dreamfoil Bell 407 when I want a break from the 412, it's a fun ride. If you want really basic, try the Schweizer S300CBi.

The 412 does need a patch available in the X-Trident forum to make it work in XP11, and it will receive another patch after XP11 is final. Also, note that the current XP11 beta doesn't separate joystick button assignments into separate plugin categories like XP10. You'll have to dig through the flat list of all assignments to find things like the command for force trim release on the cyclic.

Have to check that one!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I really like the Airfoil Labs C172, but I actually really like the default XP11 C172 as it outperforms it and looks really good. This is probably the first time I've ever liked a default aircraft.

Yes! In fact, I er... dislike Cessna's (I prefer the low wing Pipers) but up to now I have flown the Cessna for 99,9% of my time in XP11! It's aboslutely great! I also stick with it because it is the only default plane with the new sound system which is pretty cool. Everything works quite okay too, I only can't find a switch for the dome light which goes on and off and everything in between by itself, so it seems...? (And both VOR gauges have an ugly shimmering noise over them but that's probably a beta bug). It's no A2A but the best default GA I have seen so far (in any sim).

Driven by my impulsivity I bought X-trident Bell 412 and Airfoillabs C172. :P 412 worked after patch (found on x-plane.org )and 172 flew out of the box.

Wow what an impressive sim! Blowing  my mind really (even though it's a better) LOL.  My only wish is to see a snow and better water textures.

Few words about Airfoilabs. They  tweaked controls and finally 172 feels  like real 172. the ; my wiCan't wait for compatible add-ons  (psst don't wife)

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/10/developer-blooper-reel-water-world/

here you can see a glimpse of the new water for xp11. it probably wont make it into 11.0 but should be not too far off

Thx

Potential, but dont expect aerosoft and sure as hell dont expect FS LABS :)

JAR Design does constantly work on his planes but they have bugs, quirks and other small things. Especially in online flying when you change stuff in the FMS enroute they like to act abit up. They have a loyal following and if you are willing to work around the issues they have instead of getting annoyed they can be fun.  But dont expect 100% accuracy or demand it. If you have that mindset the boeings on x-plane are better.  On the other hand its the only airbus with a real VC we have.

Thx

I only got 3 add on aircraft so far. So can't really answer that

Can anyone shed some light on third party flight planning software that works with 11?