Sign in to follow this  
caaront

If you purchase XP 11 beta do you get XP 10 also?

When I bought the beta last weekend it includes XP10 full version. You have to do the download though.

To get the deal you have to get it from laminar directly as far as I know

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, got it and having serious buyers remorse.

I love the aircraft, except for the heli, and love flying at night, but the daytime flying was horrible for me.

I am spoiled with the eye candy of FSX and P3D add on scenery and clouds etc...

I will use XP, mainly for night flying, unless I find good cloud and scenery add ons.

But for most of my flying I will be using P3D.

Guess I fell in love with KSEA in the demo, and after dropping $60 realize that the demo provided all the night flying I care to do.

I may grow to love it.

I love eye candy, that is the most important part for me.

XP 11 has it in the night lighting for me, but not in the daytime.

Aaron Tirrell

Well, hehe, it's beta, and it's brand spankin new.  XP early beta is always more or less a tech demo/WIP.  I was in your shoes about 3 years ago when I hopped into XP10, it had just come out.  I flew at night too but then once I was more aware of addons etc I started using XP10 all the time.  I still use P3D but I'm using XP more and more.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I seem to remember you having the same "buyer's remorse" with Chase Plane a few weeks ago.

NAX669.png

That was before I got a $25 controller and it changed the whole ball game.

I am not putting it down, the night lighting is the best I have seen, but after seeing the daytime world outside of KSEA, I realize that I don't like the graphics in the day at all.

It means I will fly only around the airport-KSEA, and any that look as good during the day, and flying mainly at night.

I cannot afford to invest in XP to get it how I want it.

I have a few more items on my wishlist for P3D and it will be my perfect sim.

I will fly in XP 11, especially at night.

It is just that I loved flying over KSEA at night in the demo, and after flying in the day all over in the full beta I realized I would not be doing that anymore, and after flying all over at night I realized the free demo covered any night time flying I might desire to do.

I might try some free ware airports, and cloud textures, and put some buildings on the airports local to me and enjoy it more.

The default 172 is a very nice plane, I love it.

I do not dislike it by any means, not at all. I just realize that I would have been happy with just the demo.

We shall see what the actual product looks like.

Believe me, I do not care for P3D night lighting, but love XP night lighting, and now I am already planning some night videos.

Well, hehe, it's beta, and it's brand spankin new.  XP early beta is always more or less a tech demo/WIP.  I was in your shoes about 3 years ago when I hopped into XP10, it had just come out.  I flew at night too but then once I was more aware of addons etc I started using XP10 all the time.  I still use P3D but I'm using XP more and more.

I only downloaded The US, my connection is slow and sketchy at the moment, what should be the next area to download?

I want hilly terrain, with as many 3D airports as possible.

Aaron Tirrell

@caaront

pleased don't take the default helicopter in XP11 as an example of what this sim can really offer in as far as rotary wings, of all sorts, go!  X-Plane has always been way ahead of anything you can name for FSX or derivates when it comes to rotary wing.

I use another sim practically just for the helicopters ( DCS World with the Mi-8 and Uh-1h ) but X-Plane 10, and now 11 have the potential to give users the exact same level of quality IMO ( and let's hope for this to be true also about the upcoming heli fo AEFS2 too :-) )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks, got it and having serious buyers remorse.

I love the aircraft, except for the heli, and love flying at night, but the daytime flying was horrible for me.

I am spoiled with the eye candy of FSX and P3D add on scenery and clouds etc...

I will use XP, mainly for night flying, unless I find good cloud and scenery add ons.

But for most of my flying I will be using P3D.

Guess I fell in love with KSEA in the demo, and after dropping $60 realize that the demo provided all the night flying I care to do.

I may grow to love it.

I love eye candy, that is the most important part for me.

XP 11 has it in the night lighting for me, but not in the daytime.

The eye candy as you put it with flying in P3D and FSX in daytime is only available after spending many hundreds of dollars on scenery , payware planes and weather etc. Out of the box it just looks like a normal 10 year old flight sim.

Bear in mind as well that this is beta at the moment and will definitely improve the coming months and years at no extra cost as far as the default sim is concerned.

Daytime looks just dandy to me :)

full.png

• Upvote 3

That was before I got a $25 controller and it changed the whole ball game.

I am not putting it down, the night lighting is the best I have seen, but after seeing the daytime world outside of KSEA, I realize that I don't like the graphics in the day at all.

It means I will fly only around the airport-KSEA, and any that look as good during the day, and flying mainly at night.

I cannot afford to invest in XP to get it how I want it.

I have a few more items on my wishlist for P3D and it will be my perfect sim.

I will fly in XP 11, especially at night.

It is just that I loved flying over KSEA at night in the demo, and after flying in the day all over in the full beta I realized I would not be doing that anymore, and after flying all over at night I realized the free demo covered any night time flying I might desire to do.

I might try some free ware airports, and cloud textures, and put some buildings on the airports local to me and enjoy it more.

The default 172 is a very nice plane, I love it.

I do not dislike it by any means, not at all. I just realize that I would have been happy with just the demo.

We shall see what the actual product looks like.

Believe me, I do not care for P3D night lighting, but love XP night lighting, and now I am already planning some night videos.

I only downloaded The US, my connection is slow and sketchy at the moment, what should be the next area to download?

I want hilly terrain, with as many 3D airports as possible.

if you are short for cash, look for MisterX airports.  They blow 30$ payware airports in FSX/P3D out of the water.

Do not download any of the stock scenery. The next thing you want is HD-Mesh V3 or if your pc is beefy enough UHD Mesh, which will drastically increase your daytime experience. This will replace the stock scenery so you dont need to download the regions

All this is Freeware / Donationware

When I bought the beta last weekend it includes XP10 full version. You have to do the download though.

To get the deal you have to get it from laminar directly as far as I know

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

Ok I think I'm an idiot. I have XP 10 Steam. So if I purchase this beta on Laminar's site I will get XP11 Beta (full access) AND XP 10?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Yes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

@caaront

pleased don't take the default helicopter in XP11 as an example of what this sim can really offer in as far as rotary wings, of all sorts, go!  X-Plane has always been way ahead of anything you can name for FSX or derivates when it comes to rotary wing.

+1

After trying the default S-76 in the XP11 Beta and owning some payware helicopters in XP10, I'm now wishing they hadn't included that particular model in the base sim. I know Laminar was trying not to step on any toes with existing payware, but this is not a good demo for what helicopter modeling can do in X-Plane.

The S-76 looks pretty, but this is a big twin with all the deep modeling missing like cold start engine systems, force trim release, SAS, etc. There are a staggering number of switches in the 3D cockpit and almost none of them work. They should have done a Bell 47... something really basic.

Wait for XP11 to go final, and then check out the payware X-Trident Bell 412 or the Dreamfoil Bell 407 -- where all the switches actually work -- if you want to see what X-Plane helicopters are all about.

DCS does a few things better, but I don't think there's a better platform right now for civilian helicopter modeling than X-Plane. It sure isn't FSX/P3D.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor