ONT.jpg

JAC.jpg

MSY.jpg

ORS.jpg

SEAday.jpg

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All out of the box and beta? Anyway it sure looks as if X-Plane11 is the game changer. Once seasons have been implemented, I see no competition. I hear it is already possible to add decent ATC.

• Upvote 1

Have you ever been....

No I have not, but I would, virtually anyway, if I knew where they were :wink:

Great pics Ryan.

Fantastic shots, Ryan

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks, here's the shot locations

BOS Skyline

NYC Skyline (near LGA)

KLGA final

Urban sprawl near SMO/LAX

KMCD Mackinaw Island, MI

KONT Ontario, CA

KJAC Teton Nat'l Park

Mississippi River near KMSY

Approaching final for KORS

Mt Ranier viewed from KSEA

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

XP11 is one of the most inconsistent sims regarding visuals. Some of the screens here look fantastic, especially night ones, but the first screenshot here looks like FS2000 or something. The colors are completely off on that one. Not sure Ryan used art controls or it's pure vanilla, but I don't have "yuck" visual situations in P3D or even FSX. Seriously considering purchasing XP11, and I know it can be modified to look amazing, just not sure about default lighting during day and dawn/dusk.

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

XP11 is one of the most inconsistent sims regarding visuals. Some of the screens here look fantastic, especially night ones, but the first screenshot here looks like FS2000 or something. The colors are completely off on that one. Not sure Ryan used art controls or it's pure vanilla, but I don't have "yuck" visual situations in P3D or even FSX. Seriously considering purchasing XP11, and I know it can be modified to look amazing, just not sure about default lighting during day and dawn/dusk.

Ha, I actually thought the same.... the first seemed very out of place and quite simply ugly.

Honestly though, after buying XP11 and getting annoyed at the crap performance, I reinstalled the final version of XP10 and was blown away.  Seems they finally got things stable and running well, and even just on the intro flight I was very impressed.... enough to get me reinstalling my add-ons I haven't used in ages.

I'm excited for XP11, but honestly, XP10 for me is the better current platform over the two.  XP11 just needs a lot more work.  I'd be curious if all the current XP11 love wouldn't also be similar had all the final updates to XP10 been tried.

EDIT: Additional info, I'm a heavily invested P3D user with way more ORBX/PMDG/A2A/REALAIR/MAJESTIC etc than I care to admit finally enjoying XP after tinkering unsatisfactorily with XP7/8/9/10 till this last try. 

Edited by be77solo

I find the lighting in all screenshots pretty accurate. The first is just what I would expect with a drab overcast, down to the leaden water. I admit the shot would look more dramatic if there were some reflection on the water.

• Upvote 1

It's true that XP11 visuals can vary depending on the specific situation.

However I published some day/dusk shots with varying cloud coverage here, I think they show its capabilities even in daylight:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499163-various-times-of-day-and-cloud-coverage-in-xp11-seattle/

It's default except slightly tweaked scattering constants and of course tweaked clouds (default clouds are ugly!).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

They're just all stock beta shots

Yeah I'll agree on the first one. Originally I intended to do city skylines but then decided to generally explore the sim.

I had my XP 10 tweaked quite well with RTH. But it doesn't appear to be compatible with 11 yet

Also I think what looks real is totally subjective. Many are in favor of the new haze in XP 11 - where I live the visibility can easily be over 50 miles on a clear day. That sort of haze just isn't always realistic. Same with the sky colors.... maybe you're partially color blind (not you but a user, generally speaking), and you see one thing as realistic, etc. Still I think the first shot is quite bland but oh well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |