Sign in to follow this  

Trike (or powered hang glider) for XP11?

This is a repost of something I posted in another (old) topic but I am afraid it will go by unnoticed so here it is again in its own topic.  :wink:

I am looking for something like the Trike in FSX/P3D and this one here seems to come close. I found this link...

http://www.vskylabs.com/2016/01/vskylabs-powered-hang-glider-project.html

...and also read the planes aren't completely compatible yet with XP11. Can I buy this project anyway (you seem to get six planes...?!?) and install it directly into XP11 or not...? The information about the move to XP11 says "These tests are by using an X-Plane 10 models running on X-Plane 11 (and not saved in Plane maker of X-Plane 11), so these tests are with really "pure" X-Plane 10 models." but being new to XP I have no clue what this means.   :wink: Things seem to work even though it is advised to not use them right now. Imho a trike or a similar small plane is the best thing to have to check out for instance airports up close. I couldn't find any alternatives! If someone knows an alternative, please let me know!

but being new to XP I have no clue what this means

Many X-Plane 10 aircraft will usually simply work in X-Plane 11. Esp. if they are as simple as these trikes. (And yes, you get several of them).

But no X-Plane 10 aircraft will make proper use of X-Plane 11's new rendering technology, so it might have no reflections or wrong reflections.

More complex aircraft with a lot of custom systems or if relying on X-Plane 10's navigation data folder structure will also not work correctly 100%.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Be careful with Carenado aircraft though.  I ran the C206 in Xp11, and got a lot of white squares on the panels.  I never even bothered to try and fly the plane at that point.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit