Sign in to follow this  
nudata

CH Products Drivers - Windows 10 Issue

I have been having Windows 10 crashes at various times but mostly when I tried to download a few specific programs. I noticed that in the brief note of crash there was a CH Products SYS file was causing the problem. I then unloaded all CH Products software and cleaned them from the registry. Since then the same downloads that caused crashes now work as the should.

I remember that I had a difficult time trying to find drivers when my yoke acted strange. They were on some odd site but a long trail from the CH site took me there so it just looked like another CH messy attempt at software.

Does anyone know of an "official" site fro CH drivers?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hi Dick,

Yeah - just to commiserate - had some issues with Win10 too - seemed CH was giving me OS crashes when I tried to update other hardware drivers - last message before dump seemed to be CH something... I removed CH - then installed the drivers - then installed CH again... It worked but there is something in Win10 that CH doesn't like or vice versa...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have been having Windows 10 crashes at various times but mostly when I tried to download a few specific programs. I noticed that in the brief note of crash there was a CH Products SYS file was causing the problem. I then unloaded all CH Products software and cleaned them from the registry. Since then the same downloads that caused crashes now work as the should.

I remember that I had a difficult time trying to find drivers when my yoke acted strange. They were on some odd site but a long trail from the CH site took me there so it just looked like another CH messy attempt at software.

Does anyone know of an "official" site fro CH drivers?

Hi there,

My CH Eclipse Yoke works great in my config, with Win10 AU driver: I only tried once to use CH Control Manager but it really messed up my (CH Yoke) controls settings in P3D.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I learned long ago not to mess with CH software. I run W10 Pro (latest version) and use three pieces of CH hardware (throttle, yoke and pedals) and all I did after the initial W10 installation is plug them in. I don't know what happened 'behind the scene' but they work flawlessly.

JJ

• Upvote 1

I learned long ago not to mess with CH software. I run W10 Pro (latest version) and use three pieces of CH hardware (throttle, yoke and pedals) and all I did after the initial W10 installation is plug them in. I don't know what happened 'behind the scene' but they work flawlessly.

JJ

Indeed JJ, same here.

In my case, just uninstalled CH Control Manager, rebooted and everything was back to nominal. I calibrate the Yoke via P3D UI and no probs at all.

Happy flying,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

All my CH products work fine with the CH Control Manager, and includes many macros and extensive functions. This is on a system that started out as Win7, upgraded to Win8, then Win8.1, then Win10, and now Win10Anni, I've got FSX, FSX:SE and P3D v2 and P3d v3 installed all still work with the CH setup no issues. The problem I see mostly is that a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\CMCtlCtr.exe" should be placed in the ..\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. The CH Manager must be configured, save the config and that configuration is "downloaded" to the driver setup. When the system starts up the CMCtlCtr.exe configures it automatically.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

First thing I did when I got P3D was ditch the CH software. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

My friendly comment is provided for those that would like to investigate the use of the extensive features of the CH software. Those that could not understand how to use it should have another look, it's not too hard to use.

All my CH products work fine with the CH Control Manager, and includes many macros and extensive functions. This is on a system that started out as Win7, upgraded to Win8, then Win8.1, then Win10, and now Win10Anni, I've got FSX, FSX:SE and P3D v2 and P3d v3 installed all still work with the CH setup no issues. The problem I see mostly is that a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\CMCtlCtr.exe" should be placed in the ..\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. The CH Manager must be configured, save the config and that configuration is "downloaded" to the driver setup. When the system starts up the CMCtlCtr.exe configures it automatically.

Really interesting Steve,

Will give it a try with your solution, and see WH.

Thank you for the tip.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Hi Steve,

Concur - I've been amazed at some of the things you can do with Control Manager - it's a very powerful little language - hang around the "Stickworks" (if it's still around) website for any length of time and you will see... Most people only scratch the surface of its use...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use ch pro pedals, with control manager. No problems, although If I unplug my joystick or pro pedals when p3d is running it will ctd

14ppkc-6.png

I have only ever relied on Win 10 drivers, along with P3D and FSUIPC to set up my CH Products yoke, pedals and throttle quad. Curious now, what kind of functionality might I be missing out on by not installing the CH Control Manager software?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

what kind of functionality might I be missing out on by not installing the CH Control Manager software?

You can use it across all your sims and keep profiles for each, you don't need to update it with the sim updated.

I recently had a problem with a blue screen crash in BoS, after using the simple CH Products software, which works great, and my combined Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals configuration, after years of no problems. I had changed the USB 3.0 setting in the motherboard BIOS. I had always enabled USB 3.0 support but never the Fast Charge support. I enabled the Fast Charge and that's what caused my problems, Disabled Fast Charge; back to normal. I've read reports that the CH Products have trouble with USB 3.0, but I'm convinced it's the USB 3.0 Fast Charge that is the problem, at least on my ASUS mother board. I've used the CH Products for BoS and RoF for years and really like the programing ability of the software. I use a Logitech Yoke and pedals, for MSFS and these seem to be unaffected by the USB 3.0 Fast Charge setting. Just a note, there was no reason to change that setting...If ain't broke don't try to fix it.