Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

Thanks everyone for the excellent feedback and suggestions...I'll respond to everyone individually soon.

Right now I'm working on three fixes for the first update:  1) ability to recurse through subdirectories when adding SID-STARS so that installation is consistent with the video (and not to mention a much easier process, especially when using the SIDSTAR converter program); 2) excessive engine oscillation especially during taxi, takeoff, and final (more of a cosmetic than control issue), and 3) problem with program loosing control of AI that flies between monitored airports within the same reality bubble (I think I'm the only person who noticed this, but I definitely want to fix it so that you can "follow" an AI through an entire flight gate-to-gate).

I will also investigate reports of the force runway update feature not working 100%.  If I can replicate the problem, I'm sure it will be an easy fix.

I will eventually get to the other issues reported, but perhaps not in the first revision (I really want to get the subdirectory support out quickly).

-Roland

You won't hear stock ATC from an AI after AI Controller takes it over.  That's one area I'm looking into...teaming up with an addon ATC program to make them "aware" of the AI (and to also issue commands to the AI, e.g., "descend and maintain....).  

Hi Roland,

Could you tell us which ATC Program is this?  :smile:  this will help people to plan ahead when purchasing any 3rd party ATC program.

Regards,

Simbol

2) excessive engine oscillation especially during taxi, takeoff, and final (more of a cosmetic than control issue)

If you want to hear what the AI engines are doing, maybe it's best to install a sound of mine :wink: . Stock sounds are hard to hear. Limiting throttle to 40% max. while taxiing is maybe also an idea. 

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

What AI traffic do you use? Is it customized by various of these top freeware models and paints?

It is interesting for me to know since I would like to build up my traffic collection with AI Controller.

I use a variety... I started with World of AI and then started renewing the flight plans and aircraft on my own. So now I would say it's very customised. The flight plans are from alpha-india.net and the liveries as well (most of the people showcase them there and have their own repaint sites, like me).

Btw the link to your AI paints does not work ;)

It works now, there was a typo. Thanks for pointing that out.

team

am a novice with AIC ...

using UT2 @ KSFOHD, I notice AI traffic taxy out to the holding point, then when lining up for take-off, they start going in circles about the runway "start".

can't see a similar user experience listed here on avsim.

any clues would help.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi Roland,

Could you tell us which ATC Program is this?  :smile:  this will help people to plan ahead when purchasing any 3rd party ATC program.

Regards,

Simbol

It's likely to be PF3 as that's pretty much the only ATC programme that creates full ATC chatter only from the AI. So the more AI you have the more chatter. And it will be in regional accents. There have been some apparent issues with some ATC exchanges not being heard with regard to AI Controller. But PF3's developer has been in touch so await developments.

team

am a novice with AIC ...

using UT2 @ KSFOHD, I notice AI traffic taxy out to the holding point, then when lining up for take-off, they start going in circles about the runway "start".

any clues would help.

John, same here. I think it has to do with a bad AFCAD of the airport, when I start AIController I also get a lot of  'Failed to build enhanced approach data' errors.

It's likely to be PF3 as that's pretty much the only ATC programme that creates full ATC chatter only from the AI. So the more AI you have the more chatter. 

Pro-ATC/X also has AI chatter.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

It's likely to be PF3 as that's pretty much the only ATC programme that creates full ATC chatter only from the AI. So the more AI you have the more chatter. And it will be in regional accents. There have been some apparent issues with some ATC exchanges not being heard with regard to AI Controller. But PF3's developer has been in touch so await developments.

"sounds" like a super reason ..... i'm all for "mindless chatter" !!

for now, cheers

john martin

"sounds" like a super reason ..... i'm all for "mindless chatter" !!

It's not mindless (as in 'canned chatter'), it's according to AI type, airline, situation, region, control entity etc. Lots of different voices, most of them regional (3 or 4 US regions, UK, European, African, Australian and Asian accents, if I remember correctly). Customizable, too, and with static effects. And optional, in case you still don't like them ;)

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Anyone know what this means?

The AI Controller has connected to Flight Simulator or P3D

FSUIPC Link Established

AICONTROLLER STARTING OR RESUMING.......

AICONTROLLER has encountered an error, please note the following error information.

***** Exception = 9 SendID = 107 Index=1cbData = 24

P3Dv3 in Win10  AIController networked from a win7 PC  AIC14B was running fine.

It's not ..........'canned chatter'

canned chatter, a great description.

i thought that was what vololiberista was writing about. AI pilot/controller i call comms.

for now, cheers

john martin

I didn't come up with the description :sad:

Canned chatter are samples of whole ATC transmissions, most of the time not fitting the situation in the game. PF3 has that option, but it also offers chatter that is put together with small samples, like FSX' built-in ATC. Not as smooth, but pertinent to what's happening out there. But this is getting off-topic...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

team

am a novice with AIC ...

any clues would help.

Have seen the same behavior and also at Flightbeam's KSFOhd. Most of the AI went their merry way to the runway but some indeed were going in small circles, sometimes even direct after pushback. But I do not use UT2.

Worse was that my Aivlasoft got currepted after install of AI-controller 2.0. Got advice on their forum and some files had to be removed in order to rebuild.

Hope these bugs can be wrinkled out !

thx / Dick

=

Anyone know what this means?

The AI Controller has connected to Flight Simulator or P3D

FSUIPC Link Established

AICONTROLLER STARTING OR RESUMING.......

AICONTROLLER has encountered an error, please note the following error information.

***** Exception = 9 SendID = 107 Index=1cbData = 24

P3Dv3 in Win10  AIController networked from a win7 PC  AIC14B was running fine.

Roland opened a separate thread for P3D issues/discussions http://www.avsim.com/topic/498933-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta-prepar3d/

canned chatter, a great description.

i thought that was what vololiberista was writing about. AI pilot/controller i call comms.

Canned chatter refers to pre-recorded live ATC. For example while you are in contact with Kai Tak Approach etc what you would hear is for example Manchester Tower which has nothing to do with Kai Tak at all and is as unrealistic as you can get. PF3 on the other hand creates "chatter" from the AI surrounding you. Both on the ground and in the air. So from the sim point of view they are real a/c. They show up on your TCAS and you will hear them in their local accents including ATC. That is more realisitic because I can identify who is talking to who.