Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

PF3 on the other hand creates "chatter" from the AI surrounding you...

yes I know .... but call it comms (or anything other than chatter, chatter reminds me of ....) !

Have seen the same behavior and also at Flightbeam's KSFOhd. Most of the AI went their merry way to the runway but some indeed were going in small circles, sometimes even direct after pushback.

dick / marcel

problem solved (i think) ... start AIM / AIC after fsx situation / weather etc. & all's well !!

for now, cheers

john martin

For the users with UT2 compatibility questions - it does seem to be missing in the GUI however you can still set it manually in the ini file as:  UT2Compatibility=1 

Not sure if this actually does anything and also needs to be set before every launch of the program.  Hopefully Roland will provide further guidance.

Ilya

You could set the AIController.ini file to read only in Windows. AiMonitor will throw a .net error when exiting, saying it can´t write to AIController.ini . Not a fix, but a workaround. Hopefully the great Roland will look into this :) 

Thank you for your brilliant contribution and hard work Roland! 

Hi,

Ive been using the previous version of AI Controller with no issues at all.

Since trying this version departing aircraft depart with no issues at all except the throttle spooling up and down. But the following issues happen to aircraft on approach and final.....

1. Not one aircraft has landed at the airports....They all nosedive at approx 3 miles from runway to around 400ft above ground. they then do 1 of 2 things.

a. they land 3 miles short and taxi down the motorway or side roads and crash through the fence to get to the gate.

b. they climb to 15000ft and go around never to be seen again, just heading out to sea......

2. When there is a conflict in air the aircraft instructed to slow by ai controller reduces to 0 kts and doesnt move any further. I investigated this by changing camera to one of the aircraft in question only to find it was attempting to leave the earth completely. Nose up, tail down and throttling to the max......I kid you not.......

I have 2 screenshots but cant figure out how to upload them here.

I have tried at 3 uk airports all with the same result.

Whilst i have found this quite amusing to watch for the past 2 hours there is a serious bug with this new version and my FSX

Tell me what info you need from me and ill try and oblige.

Danny Smith

Just as an update to my above post,

EasyJet has just done an inverted flyby at Glasgow (egpf)

None of the above issues were present in the previous version but I updated this software and the gsx beta at the same time. Having said that the aircraft fly and land normally without ai controller active .

Ps if someone can tell me how to post pictures here I'll show you the above issues.

Danny smith

Hi,

Yesterday evening, I installed AIController V2. I had already v14B.

I desinstalled the old version then run again my computer.

I installed V2 like written in readme1st.txt.

All was perfect. I converted all PMDG's SIDSTAR then installed in AIController V2.

I was time to sleep ;O)

This morning, I wanted to contnue the installation and try  it in FSX.

When I ran AImonitor.exe, the program opened but directly in Task bar.. I can nothing do.

I desinstalled, ran Cleaner, the problem is the same....

I tried with other program and the v14B .. all run correctly... only V2

My config is :

Windows 8.1 on laptop

8Go RAM

FSX+Acceleration on Desktop with windows 7 Pro

Have you a idea which can help me ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Yvan Muster

PS : sorry for my english ;O)

• Upvote 1

Bons vols

Yvan

Hi,

finally , I found a solution. I had again a few place on my disk C:  . I desinstalled from disk D: and re-installed on disk C:

It seem it's ok.... I hope tomorrow it will again ok ;)

Bons vols

Yvan

I finally found a solution to my problems posted above.

The version of SID/STAR converter included in the download is version 1.1.

for some reason this version did not convert the approaches....only the SID and STAR data was converted.

I found after some searching a version 1.3 which converted everything including the approaches and have not had any issues since.

Not sure if i downloaded the wrong archive for AI Controller V2 but it was from the link on the first page, or if there is an incompatibility with my system and SID/STAR converter. but 1.3 worked...

Danny Smith

Thanks Jay,

Was trying to find the link again to post here but couldn't find it.

Danny smith

Was trying to find the link again to post here but couldn't find it.

Thanks for catching that!  I'm uploading an update later today, I'll make sure to include ver. 1.3 of the SIDSTAR Converter.

-Roland

No approach files caused by the old version of AIConv.exe (AISIDSTAR Converter Ver. 1.2Q rev. 2) included with current AI Controller 2.0 build. Version that I'm get from 1.4B do this work fine.

Roland,

I forgot in all the excitement to say thank you for what to me has been a really useful flight sim addition and your continued support of the community.

Danny Smith

Hi all,

I cant seem to get this version to run.

The link with FSUIPC is established and then Ai Controller is starting or resuming......

Imediately a window pops up stating Ai Controller V 2.0 has stopped working. All I can then do is close it.

Running on networked Win 7 32bit.

V1.4 works fine

Any ideas would be appreciated. Many thanks

Steve

Hi,

Yesterday evening, I installed AIController V2. I had already v14B.

I desinstalled the old version then run again my computer.

I installed V2 like written in readme1st.txt.

All was perfect. I converted all PMDG's SIDSTAR then installed in AIController V2.

I was time to sleep ;O)

This morning, I wanted to contnue the installation and try it in FSX.

When I ran AImonitor.exe, the program opened but directly in Task bar.. I can nothing do.

I desinstalled, ran Cleaner, the problem is the same....

I tried with other program and the v14B .. all run correctly... only V2

My config is :

Windows 8.1 on laptop

8Go RAM

FSX+Acceleration on Desktop with windows 7 Pro

Have you a idea which can help me ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Yvan Muster

PS : sorry for my english ;O)

Yvan I think you are refering to the program being minimized. On the task bar right click on AImonitor and press maximize.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Here's the links to the latest update:

Normally I would include a .zip file with only the changed files, but this hotfix affects a lot of files.  I strongly recommend uninstalling the initial version and installing the new version.  Sorry...but these things happen in an open beta!

Fixed:  Included STAR samples didn't include "close-in" variations.  For those new to the program, the "close-in" version of a STAR takes into account that the entry point of many STARs is outside the FSX/P3D reality bubble.  The close-in variation allows the AI to join the STAR within the reality bubble to avoid being vectored outside the bubble, which results in the AI being deleted.  For those who noticed the approach traffic was light at supposedly busy airports...this was probably the culprit.

Fixed:  Wrong version of SIDSTAR converter and AIConve.exe utility.  If you converted any SID, STAR or Approach files using the old versions, I would recommend reconverting using the latest version.  Remember to remove the old version of the SIDSTAR Converter and install the latest ver 1.3 included in the hot fix.  Sorry, a pain, but beta!

Fixed:  Now something that makes things much easier!  AIController now recurses through subdirectories when specifying a SID, STAR, approach directory.  Thus, adding converted files is a lot easier (i.e., adding additional SID,STAR and approach files is now consistent with the "Installation and Basic Usage" video describing the addition of converted Mexican SID, STAR and Approach files).

Fixed:  Better control of AI when departing and arriving in the same reality bubble (e.g., a short hop from KORD to KMDW).

Fixed:  Less engine thrust variation during taxi and takeoff (e.g., idle to high thrust back to idle).

Fixed:  Sometimes AI wasn't getting assigned final approaches in a timely fashion (this might have been the cause of some "force arrival/landing runway" issues some users reported, but still evaluating that issue).

Fixed:  AI circling around jetroute waypoints.

Fixed:  "AI Jet Route Only" option fixed.

Fixed:  Tear-drop procedure when AI approaching final approach fix at obtuse angle.

Fixed:  Some stability issues (AIController crashing).

Fixed:  Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet.  Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks.  The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

• Upvote 2