Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

When I ran AImonitor.exe, the program opened but directly in Task bar.. I can nothing do.

Yvan I think you are refering to the program being minimized. On the task bar right click on AImonitor and press maximize.

I am having the same issue on a clean install and there is no option on the task bar to min/max.  When I do click on the task bar icon the installation of AI Controller begins again and completes.  This was working initially.   This is on a networked box Thanks

Tried multiple installations and shares.   Running the program as administrator.   Installation works fine, but as soon as I start AI Controller, the program continually crashes.   Latest FSUIPC and WideFS on the client, no other issues with client programs such as AS16, they work perfectly

Thoughts/suggestions?      Running the program on a networked client.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\AIController\aicontroller.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: aicontroller.exe

Application Version: 2.0.0.4

Application Timestamp: 58417ada

Fault Module Name: aicontroller.exe

Fault Module Version: 2.0.0.4

Fault Module Timestamp: 58417ada

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0006db42

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: bdcb

Additional Information 2: bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b

Additional Information 3: b892

Additional Information 4: b892054ec8a92265ec8b48f9a5510fdf

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 50aa1e25429862d5ba9e56e0242ce6e4 (108600763350)

Ran debug, got this error from the AIcontroller.exe window now

EXCEPTION = 9 SendID = 107 Index = 1cbData =24

Good morning from Barcelona, ​​I have a problem with this version, when I try to open the AIMonitor program, it opens but it is not maximized, I have tried it in every possible way, with compatibility with Windows 8, installing it as administrator ... everything. I can not maximize it, the program is running but I am not able to see it, it stays in the taskbar and nothing else.

Is anyone else going through this, or is it just me?

Thanks also for this great free software, if I manage to make it work I will donate something.

Regards!

Good night again, I have found a solution for my problem, when AI Controller is running and it is not maximized (in Windows 10 64bits) select the program in the taskbar by pressing the Shift key and select "Maximize" and go. It sure is a nonsense but it took 2 days to go around it without knowing what to do and this has solved it.

Regards!

It's well known problem since previous version and it described in readme.pdf in NOTAM(s) section.

AIMonitor Corrupted Window Size. If the Monitor app seems to have had its size and position
dimensions corrupted, while AIMonitor is running press Alt + Space to get a menu with the option to
maximize the Window.

Okay this is what I noticed, I was sitting at the end of runway 34L at LIRF watching ai traffic take-off and land, all was well until one A320 did a go-around (a/c was too high) that was followed by another A321 this time, eventually they came around for another try, all this time ai was taking-off just fine. After the 2nd go-around of both a/c I decided to delete them, after which no other a/c took-off or landed, ai traffic were waiting at the holding point of 34L but they timed out and vanished (deleted by FSX) so looks like things are not reset when ai is deleted.

Clive

Okay this is what I noticed, I was sitting at the end of runway 34L at LIRF watching ai traffic take-off and land, all was well until one A320 did a go-around (a/c was too high) that was followed by another A321 this time, eventually they came around for another try, all this time ai was taking-off just fine. After the 2nd go-around of both a/c I decided to delete them, after which no other a/c took-off or landed, ai traffic were waiting at the holding point of 34L but they timed out and vanished (deleted by FSX) so looks like things are not reset when ai is deleted.

Clive

Additonal to the above it seems I needed to turn off built in ATC as apparently it interferes with aicontroller so that maybe the cause.

Additonal to the above it seems I needed to turn off built in ATC as apparently it interferes with aicontroller so that maybe the cause.

Problem is resolved, my own fault I was watching ai traffic before the threshold and it seems I was much to close so ai traffic just kept

waiting. When I got fed up and moved away the ai started to flow again, duh! so I will make sure I am well away from runway before

observing.

I had been using the old version 1.4 in FSX for a while with no issues but I cannot make 2.0 work right. I am taking off from kslc and I see planes lost taxing in circles in a spot. There are planes landing in both directions and I even saw a plane taking off right through a landing plane.

I think it might have to do with AI monitor giving me a long list of airports with errors. These airports worked fine in 1.4.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

After long time i find again some time to check the progress (never thought, moving my home takes so much time)

But i still found out, that AIC is still a programm to avoid landings. The logic to assign procedures is still loco.

Again i choosed EDDF as my testbed, using UT2 Traffic. What i saw: AIC doesn´t care abot it´s own commands.

Monitor shows commanded speed of 240kts, Aircraft is accelerating from 260 to 310kts... Emirates A380 on STAR was at 510 kts!!! And, what makes me scream is that damn GO-AROUND ENHANCED Autogen Approach.

Even if everything runs perfect, few traffic, clean airspace, without a STAR file AIC is not using a "approach" file but assigning my hand written Final Approach from the begining. 40 miles away...

When i create a perfect custom STAR to the short final, AIC commands the STAR, continues with my Final until the Entry point and than swapping to that damn GO-AROUND ENHANCED Autogen Approach for no reason!

There´s no traffic on the runway (Departing and landing traffic has seperate runways), no traffic ahead, no traffic behind, nothing.

There are no special commands on the monitor, nothing that can explain why AIC do not continue the final approach that it has begun.

*** edit*** now i found a report that says "to high on short final"

It was reported for the Emirates at 6000ft (EDDF has 5000ft) as well as for the next plane that went down at 2100ft (5000 ft commanded)

There must be a bug.

By the way, since v20 i cannot see departing traffic in Flight Sim Commander (networked). May it be that the feedback in Simconnect/FSUIPC don´t work?

Hi all and Merry Christmas

I have mysterious behavior of my AI traffic in the air and on final with the new AI controller (i use the latest version 2.0)

The AI aircrafts tilts from side to side and tilt up and down and the aircrafts fly generally very unstable.

I've tried different aircraft models and there is no difference.

On approach and on final the AI aircrafts find it difficult to tune in and lie stable and calm down on the ILS course on the runway.

They have to way bumpy approach and final into the runway.

The airport i used was EKCH (Copenhagen) from Flytampa and the newest AFCAD for this.

I try both ver. 1.4 and 2.0 of the AI controller.

In 1.4 the AI traffic have normal behavior and fly stable and have a normally approach and final into the runway.

I have also noticed that the aircraft brakes abnormally very hard as soon as they have set the wheels into the runway..
and turns off the runway in the first exit which is also abnormally i EKCH.

I also experience that the AI traffic "gets stuck" before entry the RW in use. 

I had P3D started in EKCH (Takeoff on RW 22R and landing on RW 22L) and Active Sky 2016 for P3D weather

But otherwise it's a great little program  :smile: 

Cheers,
Dennis

Here's the links to the latest update (Hot Fix 2 only):

If anyone still needs Hot Fix 1 (full install), it is available at: 

I'm pushing this hot fix out a little early as I'm in-and-out the next week or so due to holidays and wanted to get an update out.  Many changes under the hood having to do with taxi and throttle smoothness.  However, I'm aware that the AI on average is landing a little harder with this hot fix (I'll get around to tweaking that).

New/Improved:  AI will now taxi more smoothly including rolling through turns.  Must use the new "option" to disable all slewing during taxi options in "Settings/Options/Taxi Options/Assist AI with Slew during Sharp Turns."  This option must be disabled to make the AI taxi under engine power/brakes/tiller during all phases of taxi.

New/Improved:  Increased throttle smoothness including better speed control.

Fixed:  Better runway selection based on wind direction (sometimes selected runway did not best match wind direction).

Fixed:  Sometimes AI would fly too high when using the optional generic approach patterns.

Fixed:  Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet.  Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks.  The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

So I'm only recently aware of this tool, and am wondering how much benefit it might give to me, as a blind simmer with little interest in visuals per se.

I believe that it doesn't currently interface with any ATC, so the added realism of AI routing is a bit lost on me.

Would I be better off looking into something like VoxATC, which "generates," its own AI traffic, which presumably obeys its  routing instructions? 

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what role this program plays in the ad-on landscape. I know AI handling in default FSX is pretty bad, but I don't see a lot of the problems because I don't see the scenery :)