Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

Then I locked my FPS in FSX to 30 and since then it has just been as smooth as silk.(Previously set to unlimited and locked to 31 via NVidia inspector)

Thanks for passing that info. along, will check it out

Thoughts/suggestions?      Running the program on a networked client.

Could be a problem with one of the SID/STAR files, start in verbose mode (AIMonitor) and see if it crashes while reading a particular file.

As a side note I've found a little bug. The reset options to default doesn't reset all options, specifically short final high and low altitudes.

Also there are 2 more options in the ini file regarding altitudes that don't appear to be configurable in the main program.

Noted...yes some options are intentionally not configurable in AIMonitor.

I had been using the old version 1.4 in FSX for a while with no issues but I cannot make 2.0 work right. I am taking off from kslc and I see planes lost taxing in circles in a spot.

Is this KSLC default?  I'll take a look.

When i create a perfect custom STAR to the short final, AIC commands the STAR, continues with my Final until the Entry point and than swapping to that damn GO-AROUND ENHANCED Autogen Approach for no reason!

There´s no traffic on the runway (Departing and landing traffic has seperate runways), no traffic ahead, no traffic behind, nothing.

Thanks for taking a look at this...can you email me your custom final file?  I do have the Aerosoft EDDF airport I can test it at.

It may be that the issue is all of the many scenery files that I need to add to the program window so that AI Controller will see the many add on sceneries on my FS machine.    I don't remember this problem in the older version and I ran that version on a client machine.   

But there are only spaces for so many add on sceneries in AI Controller.....

JH

Got it to work from reading some of the posts from the older version.   Simplified the network search for the FS machine scenery, by just adding the root folder and ensuring the "\" key was added after the scenery.   No more crashes!

Appreciate all of the posts here.  

JH 

Hi guys,

after add SID/STARS and starting the aicontroller.exe i get a lot of messages regarding: "failed to built enhanced approach for airport xyz at runway xy.....

What does that mean exactly and how can i resolve this issues?

Thx

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Roland,

Could you tell us which ATC Program is this?  :smile:  this will help people to plan ahead when purchasing any 3rd party ATC program.

Regards,

Simbol

Bump

I wonder if there is any update on this?  

I use ProATC-X, which contrary to what's said above DOES generate ATC communication based on AI traffic flights although there is an option to add additional random chatter.

This has been brought up on the ProATC forum but there doesn't seem to be a lot of action from that end presumably because only a proportion of there users also use  AI Controller.  On the other hand, most users of AI Controller probably use one ATC program or another.....

ngxu_banner.png

I use ProATC-X, which contrary to what's said above DOES generate ATC communication based on AI traffic flights

It does, but it also generates a lot of odd communications using voices and airlines that are geographic anomalies.

This isn't a debate about which ATC program is best.  

The fact is that ProATC-X does communicate with AI traffic and following recent upgrades and the availability of new voicepacks recorded by real voices from real users, does so much better than it used to, There are no geographic anomalies that I'm aware of other than there isn't a facility at the moment to make French aircraft use only French voices etc.if that's what you mean.   I believe there is a mechanism to do this (provided there are enough voicepacks) but a further upgrade would be needed to make it work.  

What is at issue is how all of the ATC programs, including ProATC-X,  can be made to work with AI Controller 2.0, hence my question.

ngxu_banner.png

This isn't a debate about which ATC program is best.  

What is at issue is how all of the ATC programs, including ProATC-X,  can be made to work with AI Controller 2.0, hence my question.

As for the other ATC programmes one cannot say. But regarding PF3 both developers have been in touch. What has or will transpire from that is unknown at this moment.

OK, that's a start, thanks for the information.

ngxu_banner.png

Is anyone else having CTDs with atc.dll in the error message? Since HF2 I'm getting those frequently.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Hello,

Thank you very much for this nice software enhancing our P3D environment ! :smile:

I have some issues after installing this new up-date :

I converted the latest airacs for PMDG with sidstarconverter. Which i think went fine, except that i haven't got any AISIDSTAR.ini file to paste SampleCFG.txt data.

Also, when I start AIcontroller i got many following messages during 30 min :

NOTE : FAILED TO BUILD ENHANCED APPROACH DATA for airport KEFD at runway 6L.

No enhanced approach modes will be available at the affected runway of this airport ! ...

Do you any idea of the solution or i've done wrong ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards

Eric

I know this is one of the leading features of V2, but is there any chance you could create an option for AI controller to use 'slew' mode exclusively (over fly mode), even for taxi and takeoff as well as landing. I prefer the precision over aesthetics.

Also a few features that might help:

- option to hide 'sleeping' aircraft from data collection window

- option to also cull 'sleeping' aircraft to meet a AI traffic number target?

Thanks, you have done a wonderful job of this.

• Upvote 1

I think I am in agreement with many people on here, I love the work you have done with this tool and it is incredible work. I think though that I miss the precision of the slewed traffic. I used AI Smooth before this app and with AI Smooth, the AI almost always intercept the final correctly, land in the correct location, descend at the correct rate, etc. The big problem is obviously that they enter these weird holding patterns, the active runway is harder to control for real world ops, and they cant accept stars/sids. I think that as awesome as your app is for trying to "fly" the ai around, I would prefer if they were slewed through the sids/stars/jetways/approaches.

Running 2.0, I find that departing aircraft work very well, but arriving aircraft often transition from star to the go around enhanced ai approach, take forever to try to line up with the runway, and then disappear eventually. I notice a far fewer number of ai aircraft at the airport therefore, and despite all the troubleshooting and research on this thread, the ai still taxi into the grass, do weird loops, etc. 

Last thing, I agree with Zinnertek above that instead of the exclude ground ai option, it would be more beneficial to me to see an option to hide the sleeping aircraft, so I can see who is taxiing out to what active runway without the inundation of all the sleeping ai. 

Again, Thanks for an awesome product, just some thoughts for moving forward. 

• Upvote 3