Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

I have another request after trying this out over the past week or so.

Could it be possible to not have AI Controller delete aircraft who can't find a valid taxi route.  Some airports I use have issues and thus a valid taxi route can not be found, resulting in AI being deleted, and because of this, the airport never has any departures, or the arrivals are deleted off the runway.

Instead of deleting AI, could the option of releasing the AI to FSX/P3D control be implemented if a valid taxi route can not be found?

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I think have found part of the issue of the arriving aircraft never landing. The message I am receiving currently is that AI aircraft are being deleted because of potential runway incursion, then it tells me that these occur when the user aircraft is on deck, landing lights on, and less than 10kts. I am currently sitting at KDEN (FLIGHTBEAM) at gate C37, with my engines and all lights off, no battery power, double checked my landing lights are off, and all ai aircraft once on final are deleted... 

thoughts?

I have to agree too. It pains me to say this because I think v2 has amazing potential and you put so much work into the "not slewing" aircraft around... but I can't use it right now as it's a mess on the ground (not going to comment on the early phases of approach).

The amount of precision that FSX/P3D has in slewing the aircraft is remarkable (until you pointed out the difference, I didn't even know AI planes were slewed by default), so why not try to further develop that option?

Thanks also from my side again for your tremendous work!

Cheers

Hello,

when i set the path the program says:

Untitled_1.jpg

Of course P3D is not running.

The path is correct.

I am the Admin, but error shows up running it as Admin as well.

Running P3D last version 3.4.18.19475

EDIT: Looks like i made it work.

Hello,

Can someone tell me where to find the file AISIDSTAR.CFG ?

(mentioned into SIDSTAR converter manual as the file to paste SampleCFG.txt data after SIDSTAR conversion)

Thank you very much

Eric

Hello and good evening Roland

I have mysterious behavior of my AI traffic in the air and on final with the new AI controller (i use the latest version 2.0)

The AI aircrafts tilts from side to side and tilt up and down and the aircrafts fly generally very unstable.

I've tried different aircraft models and there is no difference.

On approach and on final the AI aircrafts find it difficult to tune in and lie stable and calm down on the ILS course on the runway.

They have to way bumpy approach and final into the runway.

The airport i used was EKCH (Copenhagen) from Flytampa and the newest AFCAD for this.

I have also noticed that the aircraft brakes abnormally very hard as soon as they have set the wheels into the runway..and turns off the runway in the first exit which is also abnormally i EKCH.

I also experience that the AI traffic "gets stuck" before entry the RW in use.

I had P3D started in EKCH (Takeoff on RW 22R and landing on RW 22L) and Active Sky 2016 for P3D weather.

Is there any fixes for the issues above?

I have installed the latest version of the AI controller incl the hotfix..

But i still have thise issues..

Cheers, and thanks in advance

Dennis

Here's the links to the latest update (Hot Fix 3 only):

Again, I'm in-and-out the next week due to personal reasons, but I will try to catch up on the questions.

Fixed:  Tear-drop procedure (when intercepting final approach fix at obtuse angles) works better.  E.g., no altitude loss, less go-arounds.

New/Improved:  AI chooses better off-ramp after landing rollout, taxiing faster and excavating runway more quickly.

New/Improved:  Better flight characteristics and smoother landings (due to better capabilities of autopilot to self-calibrate to individual AI flight characteristics).

New/Improved:  Increased throttle smoothness including better speed control.

Changed:  AI will taxi under control of throttle, brakes and steering at all times (no slew assist) is not default setting - be sure to reset options to default if unsure how to change this.

Fixed:  Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet.  Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks.  The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

• Upvote 1

".......and excavating runway more quickly......."

LOL - that's what I normally do when I land - heavily. :Tounge: 

Here's the links to the latest update (Hot Fix 3 only):

HOT FIX 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/01s3vke6qjqhi50/AIControllerV2OnlyHF3.zip

If anyone needs Hot Fix 1, which has the full install, is available at:

HOT FIX 1 (full): http://www.mediafire.com/file/5vk15b44rl5vd1m/AIControllerV2FullHF1.zip

Again, I'm in-and-out the next week due to personal reasons, but I will try to catch up on the questions.

Fixed: Tear-drop procedure (when intercepting final approach fix at obtuse angles) works better. E.g., no altitude loss, less go-arounds.

New/Improved: AI chooses better off-ramp after landing rollout, taxiing faster and evacuating runway more quickly.

New/Improved: Better flight characteristics and smoother landings (due to better capabilities of autopilot to self-calibrate to individual AI flight characteristics).

New/Improved: Increased throttle smoothness including better speed control.

Changed: AI will taxi under control of throttle, brakes and steering at all times (no slew assist) is now default setting - be sure to reset options to default if unsure how to change this.

Fixed: Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet. Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks. The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

Got it to work from reading some of the posts from the older version.   Simplified the network search for the FS machine scenery, by just adding the root folder and ensuring the "\" key was added after the scenery.   No more crashes!

Thanks for the update.

What is at issue is how all of the ATC programs, including ProATC-X,  can be made to work with AI Controller 2.0, hence my question.

Yes, there is some stuff happening regarding this.  The most immediate action I'm taking will be to add an output option that replicates FSX/P3D traffic manager so that the traffic states of AI under control of my program can be determined in a standard way by any 3rd party program that wants to read it.

Is anyone else having CTDs with atc.dll in the error message? Since HF2 I'm getting those frequently.

Anyone else seeing this (using HF3)?  I didn't mention it in the update by a made a small stability fix that sometimes caused AIController to crash (but not FSX/P3D as far as I can tell).

Also, when I start AIcontroller i got many following messages during 30 min :

NOTE : FAILED TO BUILD ENHANCED APPROACH DATA for airport KEFD at runway 6L.
No enhanced approach modes will be available at the affected runway of this airport ! ...

Wow, it takes 30 minutes to start?  You might want to monitor only airports in the area of the world where you are currently flying.

It isn't necessarily an error, some stock airports in FSX/P3D don't have any taxiways others have taxiway link errors.

Others have complained into there's too much info. about this issue when AIController loads.  The original idea was to warn the user that some monitored airports will not be monitored because of taxi link issues, but I undertsand that if you're monitoring hundreds of airports, this info. quickly starts to get repetitive and not useful.  I'm looking into it.

I know this is one of the leading features of V2, but is there any chance you could create an option for AI controller to use 'slew' mode exclusively (over fly mode), even for taxi and takeoff as well as landing. I prefer the precision over aesthetics.

Also a few features that might help:
- option to hide 'sleeping' aircraft from data collection window
- option to also cull 'sleeping' aircraft to meet a AI traffic number target?

Okay, I'll look into it.  There's a backend way for doing it now, by making sure slew assist is ticked and modifying other taxi options so that slew assist kicks in quickly.  Also, all STARs and finals can be directed to use slew mode by adding the slew override to the files (e.g., see the KDCA example files)

Obviously right now I'm spending a lot of development time getting the fly mode more precise, what are your thoughts regarding HF3, do you see improvements?

Could it be possible to not have AI Controller delete aircraft who can't find a valid taxi route.  Some airports I use have issues and thus a valid taxi route can not be found, resulting in AI being deleted, and because of this, the airport never has any departures, or the arrivals are deleted off the runway.

Would it just be easier not to have AIController monitor the airport?  BTW...what airport (hopefully stock) is this happening, I can take a look.

I think have found part of the issue of the arriving aircraft never landing. The message I am receiving currently is that AI aircraft are being deleted because of potential runway incursion, then it tells me that these occur when the user aircraft is on deck, landing lights on, and less than 10kts. I am currently sitting at KDEN (FLIGHTBEAM) at gate C37, with my engines and all lights off, no battery power, double checked my landing lights are off, and all ai aircraft once on final are deleted... 

I've noticed this too for certain aircraft.  I'll have to revisit that code and account for this.  In the meantime you can turn the anti-incursion options off or increase the minimum distance.

I have to agree too. It pains me to say this because I think v2 has amazing potential and you put so much work into the "not slewing" aircraft around... but I can't use it right now as it's a mess on the ground (not going to comment on the early phases of approach).

The amount of precision that FSX/P3D has in slewing the aircraft is remarkable (until you pointed out the difference, I didn't even know AI planes were slewed by default), so why not try to further develop that option?

Yes, I'll probably add the full slew option back (as mentioned above), but the "fly" mode should be getting better both in the air and on the ground using Hot Fix 3.

As it stand now (HF3) on the ground, when AIController is using engine power/brakes/tiller (non-slew) to taxi, the AI may clip the grass now and then and go wide on turns, but you should  not be seeing any wholesale taxiing on the grass or looping.  If you are, please let me know the airport (preferably stock) and the location and I will try to replicate it.

(mentioned into SIDSTAR converter manual as the file to paste SampleCFG.txt data after SIDSTAR conversion)

I don't think that feature of SIDSTAR Converter is used anymore.  Just use the SIDSTAR Converter "organize by state/provinces/regions," option, then you can easily point to the state/province/region top-level folder in AIMonitor and it will automatically read all the subdirectories.

The AI aircrafts tilts from side to side and tilt up and down and the aircrafts fly generally very unstable.
I've tried different aircraft models and there is no difference.

On approach and on final the AI aircrafts find it difficult to tune in and lie stable and calm down on the ILS course on the runway.

They have to way bumpy approach and final into the runway.

The airport i used was EKCH (Copenhagen) from Flytampa and the newest AFCAD for this.

I have also noticed that the aircraft brakes abnormally very hard as soon as they have set the wheels into the runway..and turns off the runway in the first exit which is also abnormally i EKCH.

I also experience that the AI traffic "gets stuck" before entry the RW in use.

The AI stability on final and early runway exit after landing should be improved in HF3, please give that a try.  I've had other reports of the AI sometimes getting stuck before entry onto the runway in use...I'm looking into it.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Seems AIC wasn't at fault, but a change I made with EditVoicePack a few days earlier. Reverted that and haven't had a crash since.

Anyone else seeing this (using HF3)?  I didn't mention it in the update by a made a small stability fix that sometimes caused AIController to crash (but not FSX/P3D as far as I can tell).

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I'm using the latest hot-fix and I'm also seeing AI on final making sharp moves from side to side, porposing, landing flat or on their nose wheel.

I also see some AI continuing to climb to altitudes above 60k feet.

Tony

I'm using the latest hot-fix and I'm also seeing AI on final making sharp moves from side to side, porposing, landing flat or on their nose wheel.

I also see some AI continuing to climb to altitudes above 60k feet.

Tony

Have the same problem too! Unfortunately not usable at the moment