Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498931-ai-controller-20-gate-to-gate-control-open-beta/Control) Open Beta

On 1/30/2017 at 6:04 AM, ScottecLEMD said:

Hi Roland

I have gotten back into this programme after a break from FSim.  What a difference now in V2 - sorry I´ve posted this twice as I didn´t initially realise there were two threads running,

I still have a question on the compatbility of UT2.  I´ve enabled thet UT2 option and realise that once an aircraft departs a SID it´s basically on its own unless you use your Jet Routes.

I am wondering, what happen is if I make a UT2 flightplan that begins at the SID exit point, do you think AI Controller would then hand the flight off to UT2?

Best regards and thanks again for a fantastic programme,

Ken

Update, just answered my own question.  After running a test I can confirm that the UT2 flightplan is not picked up.  Also, the flights tend to leave the SID exit point at FL100 and stay there till destination with UT2 enabled.

Roland, is there any way possible that your programme could be amended to take into account the UT2 flightplans?

Many thanks and best regards

Ken

Yes, once AIController takes control of the AI (e.g., taxi-out, takeoff, then the SID) it cannot be handed back to P3D/FSX's default control (for flying UT2 jetroutes).  However, this shouldn't be a big issue because the AI will quickly depart the user's reality bubble, so the user will not really notice.  If the user's reality bubble is moving (e.g., the user if flying an aircraft), then with the UT2 option enabled, enroute AI around the user (that the user notices) will continue to use UT2 jetroutes.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:56 AM, ScottecLEMD said:

I noticed that when aircraft taxi in to park, they do not park far enough in at the gate but tend to be several metres short, which can end up blocking an active taxiway.

Eg. Emirates 27 just landed at EGPF, taxied to gate but as it approached the gate I saw a message generated in the AI Monitor window that the aicraft was stopping as another AI aircraft was too close.  There were no other aircraft in the immediate vicinity except an Icelandair 757 parked on an adjacent gate.  The aircraft also did not line up with the active apron link (using UK2000 scenery for EGPF). 

I think both of these issues were fixed for hot fix 4, please give it a try.  See the feed in my profile for links to the files.

On 1/31/2017 at 2:32 AM, nthabti79 said:

Thanks for responding to this. I tested HF3 yesterday and I must say I was impressed with the handling on the ground. Taxi looks very realistic. If fine tuned a little, it's perfect. Very well done!

I also played with the roll out scalars and it worked quite nicely. 

The only problems I encountered (i.e. saw) were:

- no departures, all aircraft stayed at the gate sleeping, which I attribute to a config mistake I made, but no idea which one.

- aircraft just taxi half into the gate, which was reported by others already and I am sure you are already working on

- this is not a problem, but I really wish for a way to configure push back  :wink:

That's all for now, thanks for your continuous effort and I am looking forward to your next tweaks.

Cheers

Thanks!  Good to hear.  Hot Fix 4 should hopefully be even better.  Re: no departures...for now AIController relies on the default FSX/P3D system to take AI parked at the gate out of sleep status and I have noticed that sometimes this default system stalls regardless whether AIController is running or not.  I usually have to reload FSX/P3D and that clears the problem.  Re: taxi half into gate should be better with hot fix 4.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, mrobertsco2 said:

so also noticed that even with HF3, engines off, at the gate, no aircraft will actually land, they all are listed as removed for possible runway incursion... I haven't figured out what I need to do to make this not happen. At any rate, it is a little frustrating arriving at a busy airport like ATL or DEN and seeing few aircraft approaching, or on the ground at all. I tried a couple airports at a couple times of day with and without AI CONTROLLER running. Without, I have significantly higher amounts of AI on deck. Not sure what is causing that but I would assume part of it is the not landing issue.

That being said, wonderful work on smoothing out the taxi, and I have even noticed generally smoother controls when watching the ai fly. 

Thanks

This should be fixed with hot fix 4...however I'm getting so much feedback with this option that it is disabled by default.  It is the "Settings\Options\Additional Final Options and Anti-Incursion\Anti-Incursion Threshold Alt for User-AI Conflicts".  Default is now zero (off).

On 2/8/2017 at 5:20 PM, nthabti79 said:

I just changed the rollout scalar first increasing it an the aircraft used the whole runway and then reducing it to a good value. I have tested it just once, so it might have different impacts on different aircraft. 

Also takeoff thrust limit is working now too, which drastically affects takeoff length.

On 2/11/2017 at 5:29 AM, Iceman2 said:

Hi All,

Latest version is working very well for me but I've noticed on take-off the AI climb normally to their acceleration altitude (1000ft AGL guessing) and then level off and appear to descend a little to gain speed to flap up speed before resuming climb.

Watching AI from the ground it looks like they are diving towards the ground temporarily after take-off. Most aircraft should at least maintain a 1000ft to 1500ft climb rate during flap acceleration.

Is there an adjustment for this since P3D/FSX without this software seem to take-off normally.

thanks

IM

Edit: I think I've fixed this by raising the AI Climbout Height For Vectors (Under General Options to 3500ft) less noticeable now.

Yes, that's correct, although if you have any SID with an extremely early entry point, the increased climbout height could cause a problem (makes the takeoff phase longer and delays the SID-finding phase).  If you're using generic patterns only, I would recommend exactly what you did.

On 2/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, alyzar said:

Yes I am.  with HF3 using P3D w/ Win10 after about 20-30 mins of use both on ground and in air

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll

There were some CTD issues fixed with hot fix 4, please give that a try.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:18 PM, emb110 said:

Just discovered this program,  installed no problem however I can't get any of the ai traffic to take-off, landing is no problem. Tried KlAS, CYYZ, CYOW. At CYOW with no ai in area ai planes still won't take-off. IF I use P3D controlled AI they take-off. Help.

Yes, this is probably a bug that was fixed in Hot Fix 4.  It was caused by a parallel thread issue when jetroutes were active.

On 2/6/2017 at 0:12 PM, mrobertsco2 said:

What did you change. Do you like the rollouts better now?

Also the takeoff thrust limits now work for Hot Fix 4.

Version 2.0 is an excellent development on the previous versions. I have found, however, that in a few locations the aircraft are lining up on taxiways for departure e.g. FlyTampa LGAV. This did not happen with previous versions. Is it possible this is a fault with Make Runways ? Another possibiility to explain the problem is that I cannot get SIDSTAR to complete properly. It carries out the conversion from the PMDG file but produces an error before it closes normally. Could that be responsible for the program misreading runway start locations? If so, any ideas how to solve it?

On 12/2/2016 at 8:10 AM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:
New for Version 2

Link

When clicking on "Download" from the link above, I get this message from ESET Antivirus; 

Website blocked

The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

Access to it has been blocked.

16 hours ago, gulftraveller said:

Version 2.0 is an excellent development on the previous versions. I have found, however, that in a few locations the aircraft are lining up on taxiways for departure e.g. FlyTampa LGAV. This did not happen with previous versions. Is it possible this is a fault with Make Runways ? Another possibiility to explain the problem is that I cannot get SIDSTAR to complete properly. It carries out the conversion from the PMDG file but produces an error before it closes normally. Could that be responsible for the program misreading runway start locations? If so, any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks...I'll look into it.  The SIDSTAR converter should not affect taxi data though.

Re: the SIDSTAR Converter not completing, since someone else gave me feedback that the latest PMDG navdata...I did a test conversion of the latest cycle (1702 Feb. 2) using just AIConv.exe.  It did convert all the files so you might want to give that utility a try (e.g., aiconv .\sidstars\*.* .\converted) as a test that bypasses SIDSTAR Converter.

13 hours ago, Capt Speirs said:

When clicking on "Download" from the link above, I get this message from ESET Antivirus; 

Haven't heard about the file hosting site Mediafire being compromised, probably ESET is being too aggressive (false positive).  Here's the CRC (md5) for the Hot Fix 4 file I uploaded to Mediafire:  d8483e78926a3761ce589e732010724d

-Roland

My problem is, in germany the AI doesn't seem to be handled by AI Controller. 

When I stand in EDDM, the traffic is as bad as always, even with AIC enabled, but the status always shows "handled by FSX". 

When I stand in KFJK, the traffic is handled by AI Controller. 

Am I doing something wrong here? 

Sim: P3D v3.4 HF2
AI Controller set up according to the manual.

Philipp Schwaegerl

On 2/28/2017 at 0:46 AM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Thanks...I'll look into it.  The SIDSTAR converter should not affect taxi data though.

Re: the SIDSTAR Converter not completing, since someone else gave me feedback that the latest PMDG navdata...I did a test conversion of the latest cycle (1702 Feb. 2) using just AIConv.exe.  It did convert all the files so you might want to give that utility a try (e.g., aiconv .\sidstars\*.* .\converted) as a test that bypasses SIDSTAR Converter.

Thanks, just tried it again and ESET didn't have a problem with it. 

Don't know how it quoted the wrong post, the correct one is;

"Haven't heard about the file hosting site Mediafire being compromised, probably ESET is being too aggressive (false positive).  Here's the CRC (md5) for the Hot Fix 4 file I uploaded to Mediafire:  d8483e78926a3761ce589e732010724d

-Roland"

Now i played a little bit arround with HF4, here are some things i noticed:

Departing Traffic works really fine, Taxi is quite smooth, the only thing i notice is the very first acceleration after the surface check. The AI almost allways is getting way to fast to the first turn, then overshoot and brakes hard. The rest of the taxitime it looks really good until entering the runway. Frequently the traffic is not alligning at the centerline but next to it, one time i saw a FAIB B747 accelerating next to the runway in the grass at EDDF RWY 18...

Startup run looks great when i decrease the "Throttle Takeoff as percent of max" to 0.3 and "Trottle Max" to 100.
This values seem to be most realistic for my basic Flightdynamics (Jan´s FDE v5), Especially the heavys have a low climb gradient for intercontinental configurations.

What is still a mess are the arrivals.

My impression is, AIC is not listen it´s own commands, I tried it several times, the  Go Arround Enhanced blabla approach (Pattern to long, please invent a shorter expression :cool:) is flying downwind very low at about 3200ft, then the first issue is, as soon as the trafic comes to the crosswind turn, it is reported as "Start Lineup Final" and the Landing Gear comes out (remember, indeed this is the begin of the crosswind section.

At the same time the traffic starts to climb like hell so that it starts the true final approach turn at 8000ft and more. All the time the Des Alt is apprx. 3400ft, so, no reason to climb.
The same i noticed for the custom final, AI came in from the opposite heading, starts the teardrop procedure, while it do so, it climbed fron 3000 ft to 6500...

Futher seperation is still not working, the traffic likes it to approach like a swarm.

That said, again still a long way to go... 

Anybody having problems converting PMDG sids/stars? I keep getting a message that say's SID<STAR and Final Approach Conversion Utility(AIConv.exe) for use with AI Controller. has stopped working. What have I done wrong? Hope someone can help me with this little matter.

I am getting an error every time AIController tries to update the runways and taxi file.

Runway and taxi update FAILED to complete successfully.

There is nothing in the log, and nothing to say why this error is occurring and what is causing it.

Also getting

NOTE: FAILED TO BUILD ENHANCED APPROACH DATA at airport YSSY for runway 11  and recip. runway 29 .
NO enhanced approach modes will be available at the affected runway of this airport.!
This warning may be due to either dummy runways (OK to ignore) being used for scenery design techniques, runways with no taxi links,
runways with no start waypoints (sometimes present in default scenery), or a due to a scenery design error in the scenery (e.g., all runway waypoints NOT connected up).

For every runway at YSSY, using FlyTampa YSSY

Hi guys,

Is AI Traffic FPS improved with this add-on as a result of the aircraft injection and movement processing independently from FSX?

David