Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

Beta thread for issues specific to Prepar3D.

New for Version 2

AI Controller now provides gate-to-gate control of FSX and P3D AI aircraft during all phases: push-back, taxi-out, takeoff, departures (e.g., SIDs), enroute (e.g., jet routes), arrivals (e.g., STARs), approach (e.g., procedures), final approach, landing, taxi-in and parking.

AIController “flies” the AI (instead of slewing), so AI movement looks realistic, such as during crosswind landings.

The user can select “on-the-fly” how particular runways are used at an airport for both landings and departures (e.g., 16L for landing, 16R for departure).  

Expanded AI traffic density tool that minimizes unnecessary AI based on different factors, such as what airports are being monitored by AIController, the distance of the AI from the user, and maximum number of AI, etc.

Improvements

Increased efficiency and use of multi-threading to reduce CPU loading even though version 2 does more than prior versions.  

Better enforcement of spacing minimums between arriving AI aircraft.

Many other improvements and fixes were made!

Link

Installation

Be sure to uninstall all prior version of AIController before installing this version (backup first).

Read the ReadMe1st.txt file.

Also, see the Installation and Basic Usage Video for Version 2:

Important NOTAMS!

FOR BEST RESULTS load AIMonitor/AIController BEFORE loading situation.

NEVER OVERLAY A SECOND WINDOW to look at AI instead use Views/Change Views/Air Traffic.

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match (STAR versus FSX), AIController will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the 

closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AIController might choose the final approach file having the incorrect runway data.

Link to Old Ver 1.4 Thread

Link to Ver 2.0 FSX Thread

Bug Reports/Suggestions

This thread or AIController2@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Roland

• Upvote 3

Will this be safe to use with UT2 in P3D v3.4? Thats what I have running perfectly at the moment, but yes I would like the enhanced ATC option. 

Will this be safe to use with UT2 in P3D v3.4? Thats what I have running perfectly at the moment, but yes I would like the enhanced ATC option. 

Yes, AIController doesn't make any changes to P3D/FSX or other addons, it only interfaces to the sim externally via simconnect.  However, UT2 will want to constantly re-inject AI (according to its own internal timetables) that the user may want deleted using traffic density tools (for example, the one provided in AIController).  Not sure if anyone has figured out a way to "turn off" AI re-inject in UT2?

-Roland

Yes, AIController doesn't make any changes to P3D/FSX or other addons, it only interfaces to the sim externally via simconnect.  However, UT2 will want to constantly re-inject AI (according to its own internal timetables) that the user may want deleted using traffic density tools (for example, the one provided in AIController).  Not sure if anyone has figured out a way to "turn off" AI re-inject in UT2?

-Roland

So this sounds like a potential performance issue down the road if it constantly keeps injecting and swamps the PC with AI Traffic.

Is it possible to control non-parallel runways for different operations? For example, in EDDF i'd like to see 36R for T/O only and all 25's for landings?

So this sounds like a potential performance issue down the road if it constantly keeps injecting and swamps the PC with AI Traffic.

Yes.  Example, you only want to keep the 30 closest AI to your aircraft, so the traffic density tool deletes 60 AI.  UT2 will very quickly re-inject those deleted AI causing stutters in the sim.  Bottom line...if you're using UT2 I wouldn't use the traffic density tool to delete a lot of AI... or...I would use .bgl-based traffic programs like MyTraffic, which are much less aggressive about re-injecting AI you want deleted.  

Is it possible to control non-parallel runways for different operations? For example, in EDDF i'd like to see 36R for T/O only and all 25's for landings?

Absolutely, that's a core mission of the force runway feature!  Landing aircraft would get load-balanced on the 25's too.

...but you know, that 36 (no R / L present) is not used for takeoff or landing either - only 18 is used and only for takeoff

Yes.  Example, you only want to keep the 30 closest AI to your aircraft, so the traffic density tool deletes 60 AI.  UT2 will very quickly re-inject those deleted AI causing stutters in the sim.  Bottom line...if you're using UT2 I wouldn't use the traffic density tool to delete a lot of AI... or...I would use .bgl-based traffic programs like MyTraffic, which are much less aggressive about re-injecting AI you want deleted.  

Absolutely, that's a core mission of the force runway feature!  Landing aircraft would get load-balanced on the 25's too.

This awesome! 

I always wanted to find a way to land on 28R and 28L at KSFO while departing on 1L and/or 1R

Richard

...but you know, that 36 (no R / L present) is not used for takeoff or landing either - only 18 is used and only for takeoff

Sure thing, I meant Rny 18 of course :-)

Roland-  

Love this thing!  Great job!  

Just one question.  So if I convert the SIDSSTARS from my PMDG files for KDCA, does this conflict with the KDCA folder already in the AI Controller file?   I assume I'd want the PMDG converted files since I update them regularly thru Navigraph.  I guess the same question for the rest of the metro areas.   Do I delete the KDCA folder?

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I always get a "Problem Reading Scenery.cfg  Error", when I try to assign my P3D paths. I am 100% sure that the path is set correct. Also opened AI Monitor as administrator. What's going wrong?

Got it, was not in P3D mode, Sorry

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).