Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

I had to do that for MyTraffic to get it to work.

Oops, No. Sorry I missed that since it isn't outside the SimObjects path.

BTW, this new version is outstanding. One more thing. I've had to stop running Super Traffic Board because your app and STB are fighting over control of the aircraft. I'm experimenting with turning off various options in STB to see if I can broker a peace agreement, because both the airport arrival/departure board  and the AI view capabilities of STB are quite helpful.

I hadn't realised there were two threads on this. As I use Prepar3D and not FSX, I'll repost here..

Hi Roland,

A quick question for Matias Sorcinelli unless you know the answer yourself.

SidStar Converter contains a tool that either adds or removes the '//' prefix ahead of each line in the text box by clicking the Disable All and Enable All buttons respectively. Is it possible to add a feature that adds a 'O,' prefix ahead of each line when the Enable All button is pressed, instead of just removing the '//' and adding no prefix at all? At the moment, the Enable All button is fairly useless if you are using this software for AIController. Better still, do you need the 'O,' prefix in your software at all? Why not '//' for disabled and nothing for enabled? This would make the two pieces of software run flawlessly together.

I'm having too many issues with running AIController over a network with regards to file locations. It's quite a lot of work to make sure all the entries in the scenery.cfg file comply with the correct syntax, particularly as scenery.cfg is regularly updated. I'm running into so many errors, I haven't even managed to get the main part of the software running yet! Is it not possible, in your Program Config Paths menu, to have an checkbox to select whether you are running over a network or not and if so, type the P3D computer's name, in my case '//SIM2'? From that point on, any path, however it is constructed, is deemed to be on the computer specified. If you select that you aren't running on a network, then any path, once again, however it is constructed, is deemed to be on the local machine. I'm not an expert on UNC and networks so this might not be possible!

Thanks,

Charlie K

I conducted a new test today on LTBA (taxi2gate scenery) with the hot fix (lastest update). Uninstallation, and new installation to own with SIDSTAR conv.

AI aircraft are now able to consider the runway.(35R for take off, and 05 for landing). Ai monitor show this information. 

Unfortunately, they no longer follow the taxiways. They run in circles at the holding point, they run on the grass, they cross the buildings.... The pushback goes so far, that the planes go on the runway.

Thus, they are all in conflict, there is no take-off and landing.

Gilles

Hi Roland and Warren,

I have finally got version 2 working and was able to fix the EXCEPTION = 9 by just selecting default settings. This is strange since I uninstalled 1.4 with then did a clean install of version 2, once I selected default I've had no more issues.

thanks

iM

BTW, this new version is outstanding. One more thing. I've had to stop running Super Traffic Board because your app and STB are fighting over control of the aircraft. I'm experimenting with turning off various options in STB to see if I can broker a peace agreement, because both the airport arrival/departure board  and the AI view capabilities of STB are quite helpful.

Jay, to switch off STB's efforts to control AI aircraft, go to the settings notebook, Board Control tab, and uncheck one or more options under "Flight Control".

Simon

Hi,is there a way to configure ai controller for other countries as well

I've some problems with ground movement:

1.) sometime AI traffic moves to the opposite rwy that is displayed in AI Monitor (e.g. EGLL display 9R (right rwy according to wind) - traffic movement 27L)

2.) Traffic stops in some place on the Apron (mostly short after Pushback) - AI Monitor displaying "Taxi Out Stop Queued for Takeoff Clearance"

3.) Traffic stops some distance before Hold Short and wait forever (until deleted) as "Taxi Out Stop at Hold Short Waitng for Takeoff Clearance"

4.) any change in config resets the UT2Compatibility to "0"

AIC 2.0A HF1, FSX-SE, UT2, AIC in remote config, STB with all "Flight Control" options disabled, All setting default except UT, Observing as slewed "default trike", "Starting Positions" NOT on rwy but at Hold Shorts

Jay, to switch off STB's efforts to control AI aircraft, go to the settings notebook, Board Control tab, and uncheck one or more options under "Flight Control".

Simon

Simon,

Yeah that tended to improve matters. They work great together now. STB's main purpose is not to control aircraft so as long as the arrival/departure board and the P3d augmented views work, I'm happy. 

One question.I assume that the rudder control item shouldn't be an issue with AI Controller, since it is just a visual aspect and has no bearing controlling the few AI aircraft models that don't show up in the STB objects list.

Jay

• Upvote 1

Roland-

Great update!  All the subdirectories are now recognized so AI controller is in full control at all airports I include. 

One thing I noticed though was the taxiing seemed a little off.  The AI would stop at intersections they needed to turn at and would sit and almost like they were pondering something then a very slow turn.  And the turn looked mechanical.  I think I fixed it though upping the the turn speed to 2.5. 

But everything else looked ok. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi,

how does AI Controler need ADE files with star-technique? There are complex airports with even more than one crosswind runway and developers provide special ADE files designed for different wind directions and the user selects one for each wind.

Does AI Controler benefit from such or does it really no need them since it selects the runways properly accoring to the wind. Meaning, I use only one ADE file which gives opportunity to let AI controler select the proper runways. In my opinion it is quite complicate to decide for one of these different ADE files and at the end if I fly with real wind input online, the wind changes and the whole AI traffic is sent vice versa. I assumed that AI Controler voids such ADE selections.

Best regards,

Axel

1. It seems AI isn't slowing down on taxi turns and as secondary measure it is getting slew turned at its point based on the stop angle setting. Don't know if it matters but for fsx taxi control I have toe brake scalar at 0.2 for most AI, tried increasing brake gain up to 10 in settings but no difference. The AI keeps taxing at its speed and jerks to halt at the intersection in slew, at some points it turns with stopping if it is slow enough. The taxi turn speed scalar is affecting degree rate of turn at slew but couldn't see any change in taxi speed approaching turn.

2. Like others seeing AI getting push backed too far and arrival one stopping bit early at parking.

3. Many AI going around citing too low on approach. Dropping in altitude between CI and FI waypoint at final though both have same assigned altitude.

4. AI engine sounds seem to be dropping to idle instantly and appear like gasping. A gradual throttle decrease might minimize this or perhaps keeping throttle little above idle.

Hi,

Ive been using the previous version of AI Controller with no issues at all.

Since trying this version departing aircraft depart with no issues at all except the throttle spooling up and down. But the following issues happen to aircraft on approach and final.....

1. Not one aircraft has landed at the airports....They all nosedive at approx 3 miles from runway to around 400ft above ground. they then do 1 of 2 things.

a. they land 3 miles short and taxi down the motorway or side roads and crash through the fence to get to the gate.

b. they climb to 15000ft and go around never to be seen again, just heading out to sea......

2. When there is a conflict in air the aircraft instructed to slow by ai controller reduces to 0 kts and doesnt move any further. I investigated this by changing camera to one of the aircraft in question only to find it was attempting to leave the earth completely. Nose up, tail down and throttling to the max......I kid you not.......

I have 2 screenshots but cant figure out how to upload them here.

I have tried at 3 uk airports all with the same result.

Whilst i have found this quite amusing to watch for the past 2 hours there is a serious bug with this new version and my FSX

Tell me what info you need from me and ill try and oblige.

Danny Smith

Same thing is happening to me. No matter what I do nothing changes.

I'm running P3Dv3.4.14.18870 in a Win7 64bit environment.

I created my own AI Traffic and my SimObjects are not in the P3D SimObjects folder. Currently I have 5 AI Traffic folders for a specific part of the world and they don't overlap one another (different destinations and aircraft). I'm aware of the (Advanced Path Options - Additional P3D AI Aircraft). I read the ReadMe file and watched the installation and basic usage video too.

Is there a "did you do this or that" questioning to solve this "problem"? :smile:

Cheers,

Hi,

how does AI Controler need ADE files with star-technique? There are complex airports with even more than one crosswind runway and developers provide special ADE files designed for different wind directions and the user selects one for each wind.

Does AI Controler benefit from such or does it really no need them since it selects the runways properly accoring to the wind. Meaning, I use only one ADE file which gives opportunity to let AI controler select the proper runways. In my opinion it is quite complicate to decide for one of these different ADE files and at the end if I fly with real wind input online, the wind changes and the whole AI traffic is sent vice versa. I assumed that AI Controler voids such ADE selections.

Best regards,

Axel

Hi,

has anyone an idea regarding my above? :smile:

Brgds,

Axel