Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

Awesome, thank you very much, Roland!

Is there a way to move your new update post on the top of page one so everybody can see it?

Regards, Sebastian

On 1/26/2017 at 2:03 AM, him225 said:

after trial bit further:

1. Reduced high thrust at taxi a bit by setting taxi acceleration to 0.1

2. AIs randomly loosing altitude during STAR, not just after exiting it. Reaching ground level then taxiing at ~18kts on terrain.

3. AI getting parked behind an already parked aircraft. Coming to stop at parking bit early as before.

4. Couldn't see much effect on takeoff and landing roll distances on changing rollout slowdown scalar to 0.2 and throttle takeoff percent to 0.35.

Re: 2 and 4, give the latest hotfix a try.  For 2, I think this was caused by excessive banking at too slow of an approach speed.  For 4, throttle takeoff percent setting in AIMonitor was broken, should be working now.  For 4, yes, I need to look at that section of the code again...I've seen it too.

-Roland

2 hours ago, fly_edds said:

Awesome, thank you very much, Roland!

Is there a way to move your new update post on the top of page one so everybody can see it?

Unfortunately that feature has gone away with the forum upgrade.  Not sure what to do to get the latest hot fix link front and center?

Hi All,

OK, my brain is NOT working!!  When I try to run this over a network I cannot get it to work. I believe SimConnect is working fine because I have AS16 + ASCA on the same remote PC as AIController and they show my weather in P3Dv3.4.

P3D is NOT running on the other computer and I set up SimConnect as per the instructions in the manual (the HiFi method) including the shares

However when I launch AIController (as Administrator) I get this:

AI%20Controller%20Error%201_zpsulu5glif.

I then get:

AI%20Controller%20Error%202_zps9wp7olfz.

If I press Yes AIController crashes and exits.  If I press No it opens AI Monitor

Here is my Paths config

AI%20Controller%20Error%203_zpsdtknbxes.

\\Desktop-RHGCQ44 is the PC with P3D installed.  There are no entries in the Advanced Path Options.

I thought I saw a post explaining how to use this but I cannot for the life of me find it again.

Cheers

Harry

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

Hi Roland,

I'm having further problems with the taxi and runway waypoint regeneration. I'm running over a network.

I click 'Start AIController', the software tells me there is a change to the scenery.cfg so I click OK to regenerate the taxi_graph.txt. This takes 5 to 10 minutes and I am warned about a few issues with network paths but as these are only with FS Global vector and FSGUX and not airport scenery I click OK and ignore them. This at least shows that there is a good connection to the correct network folder and scenery.cfg. When (apparently) finished, I then click 'Start AIController' again only to get exactly the same message and when I check, no taxi_graph.txt file has been created in the AI Controller folder.

When I choose to just start AIController without regenerating the taxi_graph.txt file, it runs through the .ini file, tells me (correctly) that there is no taxi_graph.txt file, establishes a FSUIPC connection, then tells me that AIController has encountered an error: EXCEPTION - 9 SendID - 108 Index -1cbData - 24. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is a network problem or not, but (I think) I have a good solution to the network path problem. Could you create a standalone file that sits on the FS PC and creates the required file(s) locally then exports them to a specified location (eg. a shared network folder)? On the main software you could have a normal checkbox and an advanced checkbox. If the normal checkbox is ticked then the program works exactly as it does now. If the advanced box is checked, then the program config paths menu changes slightly for the user to select a folder in which to look for the FS PC generated files. The user could either select a shared network folder or just specify the default AI Controller folder and copy the files across from the FS PC manually.

Cheers,

Charlie K

Im having an issue with ai not wanting to taxi passed me also ai taking off short. I searched a fix, but couldnt find one. Im using ###ai

Hello Roland, first of all congratulate you for your magnificent contribution to the world of the simulation. I wanted to get a few questions about some problems I found when using AI Controller.
1. many aircraft disappear a few seconds after making the pushback.
2. many aircraft disappear also when you are entering runway for take-off.
4 also have observed that certain aircraft when you are coming to the parking lot, stop a few meters before, and a few minutes disappear
3-have modified some runways in certain airports and apparently not saves them changes, since to the start the program to the day following of having made the modifications already not are active.

Thank you very much for your help

I forgot.

Can I add altitude in SID/STAR files as "AT", "ABOVE", "BELOW" and "BETWEEN"?

I realized I have posted this on the FSX thread, whereas I use P3D so....

Please add an option to "Exclude Sleeping AI" rather than Ground AI, into the main data collection interface. It would really help with tracking AI planes

Also would it be possible to add 'always slew' mode to taxing AI aswell?

Mainly because although the other way is more realistic, sometimes in custom scenery airports the planes get stuck at tight bends and other places. 

Cheers, otherwise really useful tool. I use the FSUIPC traffic limiter to control AI numbers, but this tools helps them move about much better

Thanks

I have AIC2.0 working pretty well for departures and STAR arrivals with only a few aircraft not managing to land. 

I love the pushback feature although a little more distance would be good to avoid tuning into neighbouring aircraft parked at nearby gates.

My only question relates to AI after landing. Since most of my AI go and park wherever they please. Is it possible to have an option to release AI control after landing and have P3D/FSX take care of the taxiing and gate selection.

I know AIC is a work in progress and I'm sure you'll address the parking issues all in good time but as an interim measure would solve the immediate problem.

thanks for considering!

ice

12 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

I have AIC2.0 working pretty well for departures and STAR arrivals with only a few aircraft not managing to land. 

I love the pushback feature although a little more distance would be good to avoid tuning into neighbouring aircraft parked at nearby gates.

My only question relates to AI after landing. Since most of my AI go and park wherever they please. Is it possible to have an option to release AI control after landing and have P3D/FSX take care of the taxiing and gate selection.

I know AIC is a work in progress and I'm sure you'll address the parking issues all in good time but as an interim measure would solve the immediate problem.

thanks for considering!

ice

OR is that what the Generic Approaches option does?

Sill experimenting.

ice

Roland,

Strangely enough AIC 2.0 had all the airplanes taxiing to the correct gates today, so I'll take back all which was said above.

I do have one question regarding the after landing and taxiing down the runway to the taxiway turn off speed. Is the Taxi Speed Average (after landing) option adjustment designed to get the planes from off of the runway quicker? 

When I change this speed it obviously effects the taxiing to the gate speed as stated but should it change the taxi out speed because it seems to.

Maybe its a limitation in P3D/FSX but can the AI be controlled separately from taxiing in or out speed versus taxiing down the runway speed.

I've notice that the AI touch down and pull up too quickly then taxi along the runway slowly. (causing GO-Arounds) If I change the Taxi Speed Average to a faster speed the AI seem to taxi along the runway nicely and quickly however now they taxing along the taxiways way too fast.

thanks Roland

ice 

On ‎26‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 1:19 AM, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Re: 2 and 4, give the latest hotfix a try.  For 2, I think this was caused by excessive banking at too slow of an approach speed.  For 4, throttle takeoff percent setting in AIMonitor was broken, should be working now.  For 4, yes, I need to look at that section of the code again...I've seen it too.

-Roland

Tried the hf3 but still not seeing effect of max takeoff percent throttle setting, for eg faib a320 is taking off in ~600m even after having set the variable to 0.4 from default .75 while under p3d control it uses ~1800m. Landing distance is too short as well, around 600m for faib 738 even after changing roll out slow down scalar to 0.6 from 0.8, it takes up 1800m under p3d control. Seeing most arrival AI doing go around enhanced citing below minimum separation on final approach.

4 hours ago, him225 said:

Tried the hf3 but still not seeing effect of max takeoff percent throttle setting, for eg faib a320 is taking off in ~600m even after having set the variable to 0.4 from default .75 while under p3d control it uses ~1800m. Landing distance is too short as well, around 600m for faib 738 even after changing roll out slow down scalar to 0.6 from 0.8, it takes up 1800m under p3d control. Seeing most arrival AI doing go around enhanced citing below minimum separation on final approach.

Him225,

Is that the toe_brakes_scale = you are referring in the CFG for the slow down scalar to 0.6? I might try experimenting with this too. I don't know how AI aircraft are programmed but I also see auto_brakes=4 in the CFG, I wonder if AI always use MAX auto brake for landing and then at a certain speed use toe brakes.

From this website https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/cc526949.aspx it says auto_brakes=4 for B737 and A320s auto_brakes=3. I wonder what happens if we change this value to =2 or =1 or even =0 . What if we set it to 0 then the AI might use just the toe_brakes_scale= which is adjustable and perhaps lengthen the landing roll. (just a thought)

Hopefully some others can chime in here that are far smarter than I am.

I'll do some experimenting

ice