Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

15 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Him225,

Is that the toe_brakes_scale = you are referring in the CFG for the slow down scalar to 0.6? I might try experimenting with this too. I don't know how AI aircraft are programmed but I also see auto_brakes=4 in the CFG, I wonder if AI always use MAX auto brake for landing and then at a certain speed use toe brakes.

From this website https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/cc526949.aspx it says auto_brakes=4 for B737 and A320s auto_brakes=3. I wonder what happens if we change this value to =2 or =1 or even =0 . What if we set it to 0 then the AI might use just the toe_brakes_scale= which is adjustable and perhaps lengthen the landing roll. (just a thought)

Hopefully some others can chime in here that are far smarter than I am.

I'll do some experimenting

ice

Was referring to the settings in the aicontroller program in flight dynamics and approach pages.

Those settings probably have effect only when AI under p3d control, the auto brake variable appear to just define the number of steps and useful only to user aircraft.

11 hours ago, him225 said:

Was referring to the settings in the aicontroller program in flight dynamics and approach pages.

Those settings probably have effect only when AI under p3d control, the auto brake variable appear to just define the number of steps and useful only to user aircraft.

Ah yeah, I found it thanks.

I'm back using AIC 1.4 for the moment until there's a fix to the pulling up short onto the gate problem.

ice  

Roland,

1. Regarding installation, I installed the original V2 files, then discovered and subsequently downloaded HotFix's 2, 3, and 4 (but not HotFix 1). Did the subsequent HotFix's update those files that HotFix 1 would have anyway? Or should I reinstall using all 4 in succession?

2. Regarding "Do Not Overlay a second window" I'm displaying AI Monitor on a 2nd monitor while viewing airport operations on the primary screen in a dual-monitor setup (single computer). I presume this isn't considered a "second window".

3. With AIController running and Monitoring ORBX FTX' San Diego Int'l KSAN with Rwy 27 active, taxiing planes turn East just beyond terminal buildings (instead of turning West to taxi toward Rwy 27), then take off using the terminal apron (as though that were Rwy 27) -- though landings are correct. But without AIController running (normal AI with MyTraffic6) planes takeoff and land correctly using Rwy 27. In either case with Rwy 9 commanded take-off and landings are correct.

In the attached screenshot note the Delta 737 facing East (away from the cityscape) just before starting its bogus eastbound takeoff roll. 

AIController take-off Rwy 27 issue.jpg

Maury Pratt

Warning: When anyone plans to update EDDF to V2.1, copy and keep your V. 2.06 AFCAD File.

The so called "hightec" AFD is that kind of "special", it is currently unusable with AIC.
AIC cannot find suitable taxipaths, RWY 18 is 120 m long and heading 250...

Currently i don´t have the time to figure it out, but either we have moving jetways OR AIC....

With reference to my post above, I'm wondering if the false Rwy 27 takeoff problem could be caused by having moving jetways or some other "advanced" AFD feature?

Maury Pratt

Hi.

Is this program already compatible with P3D v4?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I'm getting CTDs after a few minutes of operating the program.  Haven't nailed down the cause yet.

Anthony Cacciatore

The old version is working just fine for me in P3Dv4.

i haven't tried the AIC 2.0 in P3Dv4 as my AI would all pull up short of the gates back when I was using it in P3Dv3.

However just saying it appears to be working.

IM

• Upvote 1

I also stopped using 2.0 due to the very erratic insturctions it was giving AI (taxing on grass, taking off on grass, landing 1/2 mile short etc)

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Roland? Any chance for the v4 support?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 6/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, Iceman2 said:

The old version is working just fine for me in P3Dv4.

i haven't tried the AIC 2.0 in P3Dv4 as my AI would all pull up short of the gates back when I was using it in P3Dv3.

However just saying it appears to be working.

IM

How did you manage that? I get a message that it can't connect to P3D via Simconnect. Which version of Simconnect do you have installed if you don't mind me asking?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

How did you manage that? I get a message that it can't connect to P3D via Simconnect. Which version of Simconnect do you have installed if you don't mind me asking?

I didn't change anything from P3Dv3 so it will be the version from that SDK.

All I had to do was copy the XML file into user/appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepard3d v4 from the one in version 3 and also the Simconnect configuration settings file into the Documents/prepar3d v4 Files folder also copied it from P3Dv3.

AIC1.4B appears to be working good from day one of P3Dv4 release. As I said I haven't tried AIC2.0 but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work either.

Drumcode I can look up the versions numbers when I get home. Do you have other programs that use simconnect like Active Sky P3Dv4 to confirm connection?

Hope this helps

IM

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

All I had to do was copy the XML file into user/appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepard3d v4 from the one in version 3 and also the Simconnect configuration settings file into the Documents/prepar3d v4 Files folder also copied it from P3Dv3.

Yeah, this will not work for me as this is a new PC build with just the v4 installation so I have nothing to reference back to. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the proper v4 release. Thanks for your time though. :)

Jacek G.

P3D V4 has been out for a while now?

whats the latest? is it all working fine? Im thinking of changing in the next week or so to V4 

Paul Wain