Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

On 9/10/2018 at 9:35 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

When you think about what it was trying to accomplish, you realize that the app was too difficult to constantly maintain as freeware, mostly because the flight sim world moved on with various revisions of P3d. What the add-on attempted to do was to track all the sim ATC-controlled AI aircraft and then wrest control of them when they were near an airport, thus forcing them to fly SIDs and STARs to and from the correct runways. Despite what a few people have posted, I could never get it to work correctly with P3d4. Perhaps you should PM one of the people that discovered the secret formula.

I don't think that it's absolutely become abandonware, as a P3d4 version still may show up in the future.

Yeah for P3D v4 I went back to version 1.4B.  Version 2.0 had some real issues with taxiways and what i call "zoomers" across the runways.  But it followed SIDS and STARS very well.   Version 1.4B AI follow the taxiways perfectly but then you only get the SIDS and STARS for the areas provided and not every airport.  

So I know version 1.4B works in v4.   And i'm sure v2.0 works but like i said with issues.  

Simbol is working on a program to manage AI but may be a while for release.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I wish Lockheed would just open up the AI/ATC engine to third party devs to improve. You would think that their commercial and government customers would also want a proper AI component. 

I tried using 1.4B in P3D v4.3. Using SIDSTAR converter, I was able to add approaches, SIDs, STARs for all airports (whatever PMDG navdata has). After generating the taxi graphs, what I found was that with all the approaches, it takes considerable time to start (10-15+ mins as it reads all data). Once started, it does control the AI in P3D. In few test flights, I saw that that AI does come in your way for landing but it is maneuvered off. Go arounds are still there. Taxi for most part is ok but I did see AI zipping through terminals at EGLL (complex AFCAD might also be contributing here)

Overall, the program has/had a lot of promise. But I do believe what is trying to be achieved is not simple especially if you take control of AI from the sim. The other challenge is also that it needs to interact either with sim or 3P ATC to ensure that the entire flight is in sync.

VoxATC's approach seems to be probably the best as it provides ATC with AI controlled by the program so there is no issue in detecting user aircraft or wrestling & letting go control to sim. It seems to have nailed the taxi feature at airports for sure. However, it does have its issues as well especially being very sensitive about 3P airports AFDs as well as higher performance impact as compared to sim/UTlive traffic + 3P ATC (ProATCx etc.). But I do believe that currently VoxATC is better solution if someone needs complete immersion.

I think any flight sim developer who manages to nail both the issues & is able to build an integrated solution is definitely going to be very successful. However, it is easier said than done.

• Upvote 1

Eventually, some other ambitious developer may climb the Mt. Everest version of flight sim add-ons (integrated AI and ATC) but until then, nothing exists for XP11 and only VOXATC exists for P3d4. 

LM has shown zero interest in fixing the archaic integrated control in P3d and LR has only hinted at fixing the built-in ATC. Don't hold your breath on either of those possibilities.

Sim Developer Simbol has said to be working on something that will control AI. He has proven himself all ready with products already in use by many. https://www.FSReborn.com 

Im currently using 1.4b in P3Dv4.3 without major issues whereas 2.0 had major taxiing and parking issues although the non slewing achievement was wonderful.

Go check out Simbols development and give him a 👍

IM

13 hours ago, YoungGunZ said:

I'll assume after almost 2 years, this project is RIP? 

Above post is the status.  Old versions still work.  New version hopefully on its way with Simbol's AI development.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Is 1.4b available for download anywhere?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 11/13/2018 at 2:22 PM, fly_edds said:

Nice. Thanks a lot. It took me a little bit fiddling around to get this to work, but it works. I am getting the scenery.cfg messages frequently, any idea what's causing this?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I am getting the scenery.cfg messages frequently, any idea what's causing this?

What exactly do you mean, can you post a screenshot, please?

Regards, Sebastian

17 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Nice. Thanks a lot. It took me a little bit fiddling around to get this to work, but it works. I am getting the scenery.cfg messages frequently, any idea what's causing this?

Which AI package do you use?

Hi all,

I just went from Win7 and P3Dv2/FSX to Win 10 and P3Dv4 on a new rig. I got better results with 1.4b and want it to install there as well.

I get side-by-side configuration Errors on running aicontroller.exe. I installed Visual Basic 2013 x86 redist and already have .NET 4.7.

Any ideas? Thank you.

EDIT: Never mind. Totally forgot to execute SimConnect Installation. I'm getting old.

Edited by Ronaldo1978

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

20 hours ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

Hi all,

I just went from Win7 and P3Dv2/FSX to Win 10 and P3Dv4 on a new rig. I got better results with 1.4b and want it to install there as well.

I get side-by-side configuration Errors on running aicontroller.exe. I installed Visual Basic 2013 x86 redist and already have .NET 4.7.

Any ideas? Thank you.

EDIT: Never mind. Totally forgot to execute SimConnect Installation. I'm getting old.

Hi,

As far as I know it is not compatible with P3D V4 unfortunately...

BR
Eric

1 hour ago, Squatdrop said:

Hi,

As far as I know it is not compatible with P3D V4 unfortunately...

BR
Eric

Incorrect.  Works fine in P3D v4.  At least I know 1.4b does since that is what i use.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png