Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 2.0 (Gate-to-Gate Control) Open Beta Prepar3D

Further feedback:

After spending several hours (I have no life) monitoring AI at KLAX this afternoon I observed the following:-

AI under AIController Control that repeatadly landed 5 nm from the airport (in the Pacific Ocean)

AI that nose dive towards the runway, climbing and descending to the runway.

AI that taxied on the grass

AI that seemed to pause and then accelerate and then pause when lining up

Far and away the most noticeable thing is the issue of approaches. Sometimes AI will land short of the threshold, other times they nose dive towards the runway, othertimes they float above the runway 3/4 of the length then slam down into it. Its very unpredictable.

As previously reported culling method 4 does not appear to work.

I'm a big fan of this tool - I think its a great idea and love the idea. Personally I saw more success with version 1.4 but for a freeware program I admire what you've accomplished - outstanding!

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

did you run the scenery updater program to gather all the AFCAD and AI aircraft data?

which ai aircraft do you use? (some older FS9 aircraft models use some "not so perfect" flight dynamics

Hello,

Could you explain where to find this "scenery updater program" ? what's its name ?

Thank you
Eric

did you run the scenery updater program to gather all the AFCAD and AI aircraft data?

which ai aircraft do you use? (some older FS9 aircraft models use some "not so perfect" flight dynamics

G'day,

I'm using WOAI. Don't have this sort of behaviour when not running AIController and didn't have it with verison 1.4 so I'm confident it's something to do with the way AIController 2.0 is managing things. If I don't run it things return to normal.

I've run the scenery updater a gazillion times. It's a great program, just think it needs a bit of fine tunning...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Hello,

Could you explain where to find this "scenery updater program" ? what's its name ?

Thank you

Eric

It's not a seperate program but a funktion in the AIMonitor (menu -> Settings -> 2. Force Update of Runway and Taxi Data)

sorry to have been unclear :blink:

Little Help please. I have Ai Controller v2..in a network situation. I have wide client installed and it does connect to P3Dv3. I do not have any other sims installed... What sim connects should I have installed on the Server side (non p3dv3 machine where ai controller is installed) and what sim connects/sdk installed on the P3dv3 machine. I know that ai updated the scenery etc ok but I believe its asking for the latest simconnects to be installed. Didn't want to get into side by side simconnect screw-ups and screw up my P3dv3 machine.

Thanks for all your help,

Bob M.

Bob M

Good afternoon. I had two weird issues today. First time user so might be an error on my behalf.

When I was taxiing on FAST JFKv2 to the active I could see planes taking off and landing, however I never saw them leave the active to taxi for the gate. They just kept going, also I noticed an AI just slew in front of me at ground level it seems like it landed and was just slewing around the airport with the flaps down and the spoiler. I couldn't tell if the airplane had the gear down as it was sunked into the ground so I could only see half of the plane above the tarmac. Weird behavior.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

This mirrors the sort of behavior I'm seeing. Very odd taxing and even stranger landings...

Kael Oswald

Here's the links to the latest update (Hot Fix 3 only):

Again, I'm in-and-out the next week due to personal reasons, but I will try to catch up on the questions.

Fixed:  Tear-drop procedure (when intercepting final approach fix at obtuse angles) works better.  E.g., no altitude loss, less go-arounds.

New/Improved:  AI chooses better off-ramp after landing rollout, taxiing faster and excavating runway more quickly.

New/Improved:  Better flight characteristics and smoother landings (due to better capabilities of autopilot to self-calibrate to individual AI flight characteristics).

New/Improved:  Increased throttle smoothness including better speed control.

Changed:  AI will taxi under control of throttle, brakes and steering at all times (no slew assist) is not default setting - be sure to reset options to default if unsure how to change this.

Fixed:  Other minor items.

If you reported a bug or suggestion and it is not included here, I probably just haven't got to it yet.  Please feel free to raise the same issue if you feel something is falling through the cracks.  The next update will focus on taxi smoothness.

-Roland

Might be a dumb question but I notice in P3dv3 mode..the program still references FSX and not P3dv3.  Just curious.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M