Sign in to follow this  
Cann0nF0dd3r

Neat 747-8 documentary

Yep seen it but thanx brother.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Wrote a dissertation on the 748 and a380. Great machines, but the industry is losing the need for them. I got a Distinction if anyone was wondering.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wrote a dissertation on the 748 and a380. Great machines, but the industry is losing the need for them. I got a Distinction if anyone was wondering.

I'm curious!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

With crowded skys, the last thing we need is for more a/c with smaller capacity on long haul. While the 747 and A380 are very large, they do move large numbers of people in less aircraft movements, which I am sure the ATC people prefer.

I suppose there has to be some trade off where pax numbers do not economically fill a 747/A380.

Maybe airports need to remove curfews so that aircraft movements are better spread out 

Geoff Bryce

Maybe airports need to remove curfews so that aircraft movements are better spread out 

A couple problems with that:

NIMBYs

...and NIMBYs buying houses next to airports.

...carrying along with the theme, that's what I wrote my capstone ('dissertation' for a generic bachelor's degree) on: compatible land use and zoning.

Kyle Rodgers

A couple problems with that:

NIMBYs

...carrying along with the theme, that's what I wrote my capstone ('dissertation' for a generic bachelor's degree) on: compatible land use and zoning.

I have no patience with the NIMBY airport noise people. So an aircraft makes a noise for a 30 seconds or so. I have more problem with my neighbors mowing and whipper snipping and then blowing grass clippings about for several hours at a time.Seems like one stops and another starts.Now that really is annoying.

I live on final for YBBN 01. A/C on the glide slope pass over my house at approx. 1200 feet when on approach and when 2000+ when departing, (other than QFA15. She(747) is always about 1000-1200 feet when departing, because full of fuel for the YBBN-KLAX flight, she is heavy. Gorgeous sound.... I hear A/C approaching from a long distance, sort of rumble, then for a very short time, the actual jet roar when over head. But, it is still quieter than the local mower brigade.  

Geoff Bryce

I have no patience with the NIMBY airport noise people. So an aircraft makes a noise for a 30 seconds or so. I have more problem with my neighbors mowing and whipper snipping and then blowing grass clippings about for several hours at a time.Seems like one stops and another starts.Now that really is annoying.

I live on final for YBBN 01. A/C on the glide slope pass over my house at approx. 1200 feet when on approach and when 2000+ when departing, (other than QFA15. She(747) is always about 1000-1200 feet when departing, because full of fuel for the YBBN-KLAX flight, she is heavy. Gorgeous sound.... I hear A/C approaching from a long distance, sort of rumble, then for a very short time, the actual jet roar when over head. But, it is still quieter than the local mower brigade.  

It's kinda funny to get my grandmother all spun up about it. She can't stand them (the NIMBYs - she loves planes).

I live right under the east side downwind for IAD, so I get a decent amount of traffic. I spent my high school years right under IAD's final approach courses to the 1s, and my parents live down on that side, too. I love it. Some people hate it. I get that...but...you know...don't put your house there...haha.

Caught my dad complaining about a departure being low over the house (in the summer - it was hot, and the plane was bound for the EU, so it was likely pretty heavy). I mentioned that he'd had his house built a mere 3 miles from the departure end of the runway, and reminded him that he grew up in the area and knew the airport had been there since he was a kid. Nearly got grounded for that one  :P

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I'd love to read those reports! I've been into zoning since playing SimCity 2000 way back when. I am about 1-2 miles off the final for rwy 31r at KCIC. It can get noisy around the time of the airshow or around fire season. Most of the time it isn't an issue at all. Those leaf blowers and mowers thou. Don't they know I am just going to bed after a 15 hour 777 flight? How rude!

It's kinda funny to get my grandmother all spun up about it. She can't stand them (the NIMBYs - she loves planes).

I live right under the east side downwind for IAD, so I get a decent amount of traffic. I spent my high school years right under IAD's final approach courses to the 1s, and my parents live down on that side, too. I love it. Some people hate it. I get that...but...you know...don't put your house there...haha.

Caught my dad complaining about a departure being low over the house (in the summer - it was hot, and the plane was bound for the EU, so it was likely pretty heavy). I mentioned that he'd had his house built a mere 3 miles from the departure end of the runway, and reminded him that he grew up in the area and knew the airport had been there since he was a kid. Nearly got grounded for that one  :P

Yeah. Its always fun to see people argue about living near airports. I live right under one of the main stars for 22L in Copenhagen. The previous owners of the house used to stand in the garden shouting at the planes (Yes they were a bit weird). Used to get a fair few 747s in the morning with cargo but not anymore. I do get A330s and A340s galore though

The previous owners of the house used to stand in the garden shouting at the planes (Yes they were a bit weird).

Alle mine danske venner er lidt mærkelig.

...don't tell them that, though...  :P

Used to get a fair few 747s in the morning with cargo but not anymore.

Really? That's cool. I thought the last 74s to operate out of there were the (really) old SAS ones, but I never thought of cargo. Who operated out of there, do you recall? CLX and DHL?

Kyle Rodgers

Until 2013 Thai Airways had 747-400 for the EKCH-VTBS (and ESSA-VTBS) route(s).

In 2013 they changed to 777-300s.

Until 2013 Thai Airways had 747-400 for the EKCH-VTBS (and ESSA-VTBS) route(s).
In 2013 they changed to 777-300s.

Interesting. I guess that makes sense. I saw a Thai 744 at ESSA a while back when I flew into there. Last time I was in KBH, though, it was all Airbuses, MDs and Dashes.

Kyle Rodgers

Surely the lowest form of life.

spacer.png

Yeah Thai used to operate the 744 but did indeed swap it for the 77W. On my last trip to London I was boarding a small JetTime 738 and the Thai 77W pulled in next to us. Holy cow that really put into perspective how massive it is.

CPH still feels weird with all the MD80s gone and the Emirates A380 at the end of the C pier.