Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Realair Lancair Legacy V2 what did I miss ?

I have the original Lancair Legacy and never upgraded to V2. As the title says I would like to know what features was implemented in upgrade to V2 ?

Realair Lancair Legacy V2 what did I miss ?

You missed the chance to upgrade it, like me. :)    I think it had screw mountinga for the instruments and also pressurisation and even a hypoxia model.  I wish they had left in place some method for existing customers to upgrade, but alas.

It's like shopping in Lidl, buy it when you see it, because next time it might not be there.

• Upvote 3

It's like shopping in Lidl, buy it when you see it, because next time it might not be there.

I went shopping in Lidl in Palermo this Summer.  Funny you should mention them! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think it had screw mountinga for the instruments and also pressurisation and even a hypoxia model.  I wish they had left in place some method for existing customers to upgrade, but alas.

The screw mountings for instruments does not sound like a big issue. Regarding pressurization, does a real Lancair have that. Is it an option or does all have it. Hypoxia model that I would like to have.

you missed the chance to upgrade it, like me

I don't quite understand why we could not have been given a last chance to buy from them and simply stating that it is under the term that they can't give support and no further upgrades are being made.

Turbocharger

Hypoxia modelling

Oxygen system

Dimmable cockpit lighting

Instrument screws

GTN 650/750 compatibility

New control panel

Enhanced aerodynamic, visual and sound effects

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-realair-simulations-legacy-v2-r3459

I know this doesn't help those that didn't get it previously but the v2 is a very nice upgrade on the original IMHO

I don't quite understand why we could not have been given a last chance to buy from them and simply stating that it is under the term that they can't give support and no further upgrades are being made.

They already  stated  the reason  for  this  in this  thread

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498823-realair-simulations-closure/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

They already  stated  the reason  for  this  in this  thread

Yes, but it's also customary to give at least 2 weeks notice prior to retiring.  While I certainly respect their decision; not sure I quite understand the reasoning for the "clean break".  My gut tells me there may be other things going on behind the scenes.

The screw mountings for instruments does not sound like a big issue. Regarding pressurization, does a real Lancair have that. Is it an option or does all have it. Hypoxia model that I would like to have.

There is not pressurization on the V2, only Oxygen system...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Yes, but it's also customary to give at least 2 weeks notice prior to retiring.  While I certainly respect their decision; not sure I quite understand the reasoning for the "clean break".  My gut tells me there may be other things going on behind the scenes.

Been thinking this also. Could have maintained a revenue stream like Reality XP did. The suddenness and completeness was highly surprising. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here in the U.S. we have Aldi, but the situation is really the same with many items. I find something I really like and develop a craving for, and then they no longer have it available.

My local Aldi is being expanded by 40% in size to allow them to carry more product. I can't wait to see what those changes will bring!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Been thinking this also. Could have maintained a revenue stream like Reality XP did. The suddenness and completeness was highly surprising.

Oh yeah that would go over well...I saw all the "love" for RXP on these forums after they left for personal reasons and came back a few months ago

Basically the OP missed a lot on the v2 Lancair

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Basically the OP missed a lot on the v2 Lancair

I don't think I can fly my V1 Lancair anymore. It feels so wrong and stupid to fly a plane for which an significantly improved update was made.

I don't think I can fly my V1 Lancair anymore. It feels so wrong and stupid to fly a plane for which an significantly improved update was made.

Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Bert

The lesson in all of this is "don't put off until tomorrow, what you know that you can buy today".

Spoken as a person who has watched a few sales slip by because I figured I would wait a day or two. :-)

Ernest Pergrem

a

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |