Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

I bought it and there are some issues.  I would highly recommend waiting to see what skymax v4 delivers.  Not worth the money in current state in my opinion.

Ryan

I read it only allows real time real weather. You cannot set manual weather. If this is true, it's a big limitation for a 70$ product, even if it looks VERY good.

That is a huge drawback for me. I do most of my flying in the FSEconomy game, which means point-to-point completion of assignments. I always fly with real weather injection but not always winds, if they exceed what the light GA planes I fly can handle. I'll sometimes adjust the injected cloud base if I have to, to complete the flight assignment.

I hope this product will add exclusions for winds and cloud base, otherwise I guess I'll stick to SkyMaxx Pro or just the default XP11 interface. I like flying with real weather, but not if it means I can't fly at all. Give me at least a little control over it!

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Are the clouds volumetric? They look flat as a pancake. Can somebody post a video of flying in and out of the clouds!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Are the clouds volumetric? They look flat as a pancake. Can somebody post a video of flying in and out of the clouds!

I'm getting the same impression. I'm hoping it's not the case.

Interesting. Always good to have choice. Can anyone confirm the memory usage? I just read from someone stating it is about 1G more ram usage than other options?

Looks like a flat ceiling, and a single layer to me.

Horrible, but better than the awful black default clouds.

Aaron Tirrell

Here's a video one of the testers did, albeit sped up, you can see they do have volume. They also receive lights from the plane and the city;

And it's not limited to a single layer.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Here's a video one of the testers did, albeit sped up, you can see they do have volume. They also receive lights from the plane and the city;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xfYepzOBE

It looks like it has some volume but not much.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Another video here, from a stream, towards the end as he descends into some bad weather, which also shows some larger clouds;

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I can't agree with the volume statement. The very simple illusion falls flat as soon as you get anywhere close to the clouds. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

QzcoKqN.jpg

The extremely low resolution isn't helping.

I do like the realistic look of the sunrise/sunsets in the preview trailer.  I am going to wait for SkyMaxx Pro v4 and then decide.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.