Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

So I take it that the VC rain drops are a feature of the add-on rather than the sim ?

IIRC, rain drops on the windscreen are a function of individual plane models that use plugins to model it, and not a default feature of X-Plane. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I remember it from XP10. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

IIRC, rain drops on the windscreen are a function of individual plane models that use plugins to model it, and not a default feature of X-Plane. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I remember it from XP10. 

That sounds right to me but there is an option in the xenviro menu for VC rain drops waiting for developer to elaborate 

Rich Sennett

Richard Sennett, on 05 Dec 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

That sounds right to me but there is an option in the xenviro menu for VC rain drops waiting for developer to elaborate

In the menu i see Rain effect and 2D rain drops, i tested while im in the default cessna, the first seems to give 3D rain effect externally which looks more visible then default rain and for the 2D rain drops option did not get the effect in the deault cessna because the windshield does not support it. 

But i went to the manual and i saw this :"Simulate visual raindrops effects on windshields both in 2D and 3D cockpits (if it’s loaded in aircraft model)" which i think means x enviro is able to model rain drops on the windshield vc if the plane has this feature, x enviro will give its own rain drop effect. So for those who have the crj you can enable/disable 2D rain drops and see if the rain drops simulation on the windshield effect will change between what the plane has in built and xenviro

X_Plane_2016_12_05_10_50_17_35.jpgfree upload image

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Realistic and immersive.

• Upvote 12

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I just tried payware crj2 thats XP11 ready now went to KRDU - using xenviro with vc rain drops OMG was awesome - I am speechless - xenviro Rocks

Hi Rich,

then I assume, that you like this video too?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXpk6u_A1MA

Kind regards

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

We all know by now, the negatives and the positives of this add on so no need to keep repeating them, hoping the guys at xenviro are ironing bugs and fixing issues...and i have both x enviro and SMPv3 (upgrading to v4 when available).

NYC @ dusk

Metar_NYC.pngimagehost

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_20_25_74.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_32_43_46.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_32_48_51.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_34_21_32.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_34_41_49.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_35_37_02.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_36_03_29.jpg

X_Plane_2016_12_05_15_39_52_70.jpg

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

Also, probably what LR will offer along the life cycle of XP11 regarding weather rendering will also help developers getting even better results.

Presently they have to work over what was inherited from XP10.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The fact that you can see lights through clouds is ridicolous, let's hope this can be addressed by LR in the future.

Maybe not a trivial task given the amount of true lights you can render in XP. In case of overcast it should not be that difficult though,

The fact that you can see lights through clouds is ridicolous, let's hope this can be addressed by LR in the future.

Maybe not a trivial task given the amount of true lights you can render in XP. In case of overcast it should not be that difficult though,

Dont think that was the overcast layer i was passing through, if im not mistaken the overcast layer is showing on top of the one i was passing through. The Metar was being simulated fairly in these shots also i had rain...

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

Flat and ugly.

Looks like you're missing objectivity.

Real photo vs xEnviro (probably the latter has a lower sun angle, but the general colors look very lifelike to me):

qrw1KZq.jpg l2OdkiJ.jpg

• Upvote 10

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Mik75

That is not a solid overcast later.

XPX and XPXI can render thick layers through which lights won't shine.

But oh boy, you know, it's ridiculous that one has to apply almost 50% of the available thrust in most most a/c to get them moving in ESP sims, it's completely ridiculous that one can fly through the most severe icing conditions, and absolutely nothing happens if you fly through it with no anti ice all, and so on...

Why this negativity?

We should be happy that LR is pushing this wonderful platform further and further, and not only that. We should suppport them by buying this product!

Creating a realistic, entertaining and affordable sim platform isn't an easy task.

And believe me guys, having FSX/P3D AND XP installed on the same machine doesn't hurt at all!

And both sim platforms have their weaknesses and strengths.

We have exciting times ahead of us, and addons that provide us with truly immersive experiences! All that nagging and all the negative comments, I just don't get them.

It's a hobby, right? So, try to enjoy your time spent in the sim, sitting in front of a computer!

Just my $0,02...

I just tried payware crj2 thats XP11 ready now went to KRDU - using xenviro with vc rain drops OMG was awesome - I am speechless - xenviro Rocks

Heres a great site to look up all kinds of weather - when you pick a zone make sure you hit filter button after - zone K was the US and Hawaii

Enjoy this site its very cool

http://www.badbadweather.com/

The CRJ2 renders and simulate the rain alone. Thats a feature from the plane itself