Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

XP11 has been the turning point for many and has led them to the dark side, I wonder what will happen when XP12 is announced and released.

I cant' imagine what goodies it will carry, but its going to be ever greater, that is for sure.

Gosh that's at least 3 years ahead, we have not an official XP11 out yet  :nea:and we already dream about new stuff in XP12

Gosh that's at least 3 years ahead, we have not an official XP11 out yet  :nea:and we already dream about new stuff in XP12

lol...time goes by very quickly.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Maybe the success of xp11 allows LR to hire a few more developers ???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

Imagine, what's going on in the heads of the solo fsx and p3d companies , seeing that orbx crossed the border.

Good sim times ahead...

Tom

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

I think he's got some autogen on top of it. You can do that with Ortho4XP right?

I also was debating buying xEnviro due to the price. Let me tell you, as a real world aviator this product is the best ive seen. I do not regret the purchase one bit.

SMP4 is great too, however in my opinion xEnviro offers a whole environmental package that really leaves you feeling the challenges of flying from within the sim. things like glare and rain are real hazards while flying and xEnviro depicts this so very well.

Another very very happy customer. The enhancement is absolutely remarkable.

-Dan

You can generally use X-Plane autogen which works really well, but if you want very accurate autogen to overlay on photoscenery then Keep voting ;-). The most detailed country I have at the moment is Poland (because I live there and it will even show you the correct supermarket down to the brand).

SMP4 is great too, however in my opinion xEnviro offers a whole environmental package that really leaves you feeling the challenges of flying from within the sim.

+1, this also includes many days before you can take your beloved aircraft up for a flight

• Upvote 2

What's fair, is fair, in love and war.   I'm just about to leave bound for KMIA, from KDTW (Detroit, Michigan)  This sky you see, is exactly as it is in the real world. We are about to get dumped upon, within the hour, freezing rain, wet snow, then to showers.  I'm sorry, but SMP (any version) could never render what you see here.  It has never at least for myself, under same meteorological conditions.  Whatever...but folks, there are definite differences between the two weather engines.  What I see here...is real life...and nothing else.  Fantastic.  To the dev's...you have a bases-loaded hit here....congrat's and keep the refinements coming!  

I know the pics are a tad dark...but that is what is happening right now, out----------------------------------------------there!

MD80_1.png[/url]

MD80_2.png[/url]

Here we are, a few hours earlier,   so we can see something, lol:

MD80_10.png

MD80_9.png

MD80_7.png

Just made a discovery. For those folks that want to run with the XEnviro Upper Atmosphere box clicked off...you (depending on the cloudscape, and levels...), you might be cutting off proper rendering of clouds...where they transect between the upper atmosphere level, and the lower atmosphere level.

I had for most of the flight to Miami, with the Upper At turned off....just to see the difference. Then, as we descended to varied layers, different clouds, etc...I noticed what seemed like a cut-off at the top of the 3D effects (volumetric spoofing) and thought to turn back on the Upper At box.  As soon as I did that, the clouds were fully represented in their 'volume' and heights. So...if you choose to run with only the bottom atmosphere, you could not see a proper render of XEnviro.  I switched back to both upper and lower, as the sky at level, and above, now blends seamlessly and looks quite fantastic..let alone that clouds whipping by our wing at 300 knots!

Post Edit: You also miss out on 'god rays' and sun placement effects, if you do not run with the Upper Atmosphere box ticked on.  I just did a on/off comparrison in my flight.  With the box off, the sun, with it's rays and haze surrounding it dissipated, with just the Xplane 11 default colors and rendering.  Placed Upper At back on, and a great sun/haze/rays effect came into view.

MD80_23.png

MD80_19.png
MD80_21.png
MD80_22.png

Duh!! Just turned off Post Processing and have got a whole new Sim!!!

Hi Sesquashtoo

I was going to run a flight from KLAX to KMDW however my system was not quite prepared to the run it. I am making down overclocking and voltage adjustment to get some better stability and then rerun flight. (I runs find under lower settings I was just an experiment to eek out a little more with X plane 11).

I think it can run fine at lower overclock settings and run it native resolution instead of DSR.  Planning to upgrade to the Titan Black for the TITAN Pascal X. 

Anyway, what I saw this morning or heard was the rain affect at at KLAX. I surprise me while I was inserting my flight plan where I can hear its affects,inside as well as out side. For a while  I thought its was going to continue but it stop. So it was not an endless loop instead real rain that ended. 

What that tells me about the software is that weather updates are occurring while I setting still. Mush in the same way as they did under ASN or AS16.

Even though it was dark the takeoff was breathtaking the where you can see the sense of motion as you rising about the lower clouds as your climb. Just stunning.

Bob

Hi Sesquashtoo

I was going to run a flight from KLAX to KMDW however my system was not quite prepared to the run it. I am making down overclocking and voltage adjustment to get some better stability and then rerun flight. (I runs find under lower settings I was just an experiment to eek out a little more with X plane 11).

I think it can run fine at lower overclock settings and run it native resolution instead of DSR.  Planning to upgrade to the Titan Black for the TITAN Pascal X. 

Anyway, what I saw this morning or heard was the rain affect at at KLAX. I surprise me while I was inserting my flight plan where I can hear its affects,inside as well as out side. For a while  I thought its was going to continue but it stop. So it was not an endless loop instead real rain that ended. 

What that tells me about the software is that weather updates are occurring while I setting still. Mush in the same way as they did under ASN or AS16.

Even though it was dark the takeoff was breathtaking the where you can see the sense of motion as you rising about the lower clouds as your climb. Just stunning.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Good go!   I think this particular weather engine, should be a contender for an award of merit.  I saw my weather on my flight path between Detroit, Michigan, and Miami, Florida, be alive, dynamic...and the changes were happening out upon the horizon event, so by the time they got to my coordinates, they were already formed, with no popping in.  I must say, that in conjunction with XP 10 or 11, it truly gives you the sense that you are advancing THROUGH the weather metrics...and not merely that they pop in, around you.  Outstanding!

Enjoy!

Ses